X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLAPOC-Pres
    Sure you have the right wire?

Yes the single RED one with the white stripe. Have done it before & got a 15. but couldn't replace O2 yet.
    '93 GT, ATX, Grey.
    '89 GT, MTX, Black, Totaled

Comment

Ok just making sure, At least you have it running now.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPOC-Pres
        Ok just making sure, At least you have it running now.
        Yes, thanx to you guys. the wiring diagrams helped and some older threads too.
        '93 GT, ATX, Grey.
        '89 GT, MTX, Black, Totaled

Comment

Since they limit here to only 5,000 characters per post, I can't edit my post above, how I want.

So here are the Error Codes for;
          90' Lx 3.0L V6
          11 O,R,C System Pass
          12 R Cannot control rpm during Self-Test high rpm check
          13 R Cannot control rpm during Self-Test low rpm check
          14 C PIP circuit failure
          15 O ROM test failure
          15 C Keep Alive Memory (KAM) test failure
          18 R SPOUT circuit open
          18 C IDM circuit failure19 O Failure in ECA internal voltage
          21 O,R ECT sensor input is out of Self-Test range
          22 O,R,C MAP sensor input is out of Self-Test range
          23 O,R TP sensor input is out of Self-Test range
          24 O,R ACT sensor input is out of Self-Test range
          25 R KS sensor signal is not sensed during Dynamic Response Test
          Last edited by FLAPOC-Pres; July 31, 2004, 09:05 AM.

Comment

29 C Insufficient input from the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
            31 O,R,C PFE circuit is below minimum voltage
            32 R,C PFE circuit voltage low
            33 R,C EGR valve opening (PFE) not detected
            34 O PFE sensor voltage out of range
            34 R,C Excessive exhaust back pressure/PFE circuit voltage high
            35 O,R,C PFE circuit is above maximum voltage
            39 C AXOD lock-up failed
            41 R HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean
            41 C No HEGO switching detected
            42 R HEGO sensor circuit indicates system rich
            51 O,C ECT sensor circuit open
            52 O PSPS circuit is open
            52 R PSPS always staying open or closed
            53 O,C TP sensor input is greater than Self-Test maximum voltage
            54 O,C ACT sensor circuit open
            57 C AXOD Neutral Pressure Switch (NPS) circuit failed open
            59 C AXOD 4/3 pressure switch circuit failed open

Comment

61 O,C ECT sensor circuit grounded
              62 O AXOD 4/3 or 3/2 pressure switch circuit grounded
              63 O,C TP sensor input is less than Self-Test minimum voltage
              64 O,C ACT sensor circuit grounded
              67 O Neutral Pressure Switch (NPS) circuit closed; A/C ON
              69 C AXOD 3/4 pressure switch circuit failed open
              72 R Insufficient MAP output change during Dynamic Response Test73 R Insufficient TP output change during Dynamic Response Test
              74 R Brake On/Off (BOO) circuit failure - not actuated during Self-Test
              77 R Brief WOT not sensed during Self-Test/Operator error
              83 O High Speed Electro-Drive Fan (HEDF) circuit failure
              84 O EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR) circuit failure
              85 O Canister Purge (CANP) circuit failure
              87 O,C Fuel pump primary circuit failure

Comment

88 O Electro-drive fan (EDF) circuit failure
                89 O Lock-Up Solenoid (LUS) circuit failure
                95 O,C Fuel pump circuit open/ECA to motor ground
                96 O,C Fuel pump circuit open/Battery to ECA98 R Hard fault is present

Comment

Tried gettin codes but all my check engine light does is stay on the whole time, but as soon as i turn on my car it turns off. I grounded the wire to the single red wire w/ white stripe. im lost and my car only starts once in awhile. is my comp fried?

Comment

Originally posted by BCBalla60
                    Tried gettin codes but all my check engine light does is stay on the whole time, but as soon as i turn on my car it turns off. I grounded the wire to the single red wire w/ white stripe. im lost and my car only starts once in awhile. is my comp fried?
                    Thats normal procedure. In the ON position, the cars check engine light will stay on. Make sure u are grounding the correct wire. Small little spade female connector with white and red stripe. If you have no codes, then your good!
                    1990 PGL

Custom 2 1/4 Catback, Standard Cone Intake, Polished Valve Cover, More to Come!

Comment

I tryed the test and when I ground the red/white wire. The light just stays on but my check engine light stays on while I am driving so I know there has to be codes. What do I do I have a 89 gt.

Comment

Originally posted by speedemon69
                        I tryed the test and when I ground the red/white wire. The light just stays on but my check engine light stays on while I am driving so I know there has to be codes. What do I do I have a 89 gt.

Where are u trying to ground the wire to? Make sure u have it grounded to a good spot, say like a bolt on the driver side strut tower or even a wire long enough to put on the negative portion of the battery. If that dont work, replace the wire u are using, if that dont work, something is up with the wiring..
                        1990 PGL

Comment

I grounded it to the valve cover.

Comment

Bad choice. Strut tower bolt like evhgame says--Good Choice.

The STI connector is actually next to the LEFT side strut tower (driver's side).

Directional guidance on a vehicle should always be given from a driver's seat perspective.
                            Last edited by fwupower; September 7, 2004, 04:58 AM. Reason: addendum

'91 Probe GL, ATX, 4-cyl, 2.2L, non-turbo
                            Pacesetter MONZA header & cat-back exhaust
                            FUSOKU air cleaner

Comment

Ok guys, my friends 1989 Probe is running like ****. It takes forever to start and when it is running, you have to open the throttle slowly. If you open it fast it bogs and dies. You have to open the throttle VERY slowly to rev it up, any faster and she bogs clear down and dies. So we ran the code tests and here is what we got.

Turned the key on.
                              Check engine light came on for about a second then shut off.
                              Blinked 8 times, paused, blinked 1 time, paused, blinked 1 time, paused, blinked 2 times, paused, blinked 1 time paused, blinked 4 times and paused.

We checked it over and over and got the same thing.

8 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 4

This appears to be code 81, code 12, and code 14.
                              Now, something has to be wrong as there is no Code 81. But the other two codes sound legit. I am pretty confident that since we got a code 12, the TPS is probably faulty. When we unhooked the TPS, the car acted the exact same way as it did with it hooked up, also leading me to believe the TPS is bad. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Speed_Demon1965
                                Ok guys, my friends 1989 Probe is running like ****. It takes forever to start and when it is running, you have to open the throttle slowly. If you open it fast it bogs and dies. You have to open the throttle VERY slowly to rev it up, any faster and she bogs clear down and dies. So we ran the code tests and here is what we got.

Turned the key on.
                                Check engine light came on for about a second then shut off.
                                Blinked 8 times, paused, blinked 1 time, paused, blinked 1 time, paused, blinked 2 times, paused, blinked 1 time paused, blinked 4 times and paused.

We checked it over and over and got the same thing.

8 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 4

This appears to be code 81, code 12, and code 14.
                                Now, something has to be wrong as there is no Code 81. But the other two codes sound legit. I am pretty confident that since we got a code 12, the TPS is probably faulty. When we unhooked the TPS, the car acted the exact same way as it did with it hooked up, also leading me to believe the TPS is bad. Any ideas?
                                Try this for size...this is my interpretation...

Code 8, 1, 12, 14. These are definately your codes. I have the pauses and stuff beaten into my head since I check on my Probe all the time..Heres what they are telling you...

01 - Profile pickup - If I remember right this code has something to do with ignition diagnostics, check to make sure u are getting good spark.

08 Vane Airflow Signal - Check to make sure the plug on the metal thing right by the intake tube (black tubing) is plugged in tight, these plugs seem to wear over time and tend to get lose. Also your VAF may be bad, If so hit the boneyard and get one. I got mine for 10 bucks (about 150 new in store)

12 Throttle Position Sensor - This could be bad or out of adjustment. If its never been messed with, probably bad. If still good, to a search on how to adjust this. Its the little black round thing with 2 circular screws on the back of the throttle body, cant miss.

14 Barometric Pressure Sensor - Ive never messed with this thing, do a search, see what you get.

Any other questions, Haynes manual, at your nearest Autozone, Chucks, Napa, Checker, Pep Boys, 15 bucks, Best 15 bucks you will ever spend.
                                Last edited by evhgame; September 12, 2004, 04:21 AM.
                                1990 PGL

Comment

Working...
                                X