Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of the FAQ so that you dont have to research simple torque specs here you go

Torque Specs on the F2 motor (in ft-lbs)

Wheel lug nuts (very important to prevent rotor wharpage)
    65-87

Spark Plugs
    11-17

Oil drain plugs
    1989 26-35
    1990-91 10
    1992 15-25

ATX pan bolts
    69-95

Cylinder head bolts
    59-64

Exhaust Manifold bolts
    16-21

Intake manifold
    14-22

Oil Pan
    69-104 IN-LBS

Valve Cover
    52-69 IN-LBS

that should be the common ones you need concerning the motor any others refer to your manuals or other sites listed above
    OnTheSyxxProductions (My PGL and PGT Includes other Domestics Lots of Pics/Info
    Member of the Hardcore GL Tuners Association
    1990PGL - 1993 PGT (ATX)
    RIP FEB 6/07/2004 -- You will be missed
    Current Project: Brembo/Hawk HPS installed -- Corbeaus Due soon

Comment

You can charge money for this post. Pay for all the work you've done.

Comment

I coulda made a webpage !
        Rick
        1989 Ford Probe GL
        1989 Ford Probe GL, modified. F2T swap, ATX to MTX swap. Boosting 12 PSI with a F2 transmission.

Comment

Just happy to get things together and contribute to the community here.

Rick, you do have a webpage! But at least this way, the information is right here and there will be no excuse to say that they cannot find the site, lost the address, didn't find any information in a search... well, you get the point!

Plus, I cited your webpage above numerous times!
          Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
          1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
          "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

the fidenza aluminium flywheel is 9lbs, not 10.5lbs
            i have one and i put it on the balance and its 9lbs.

awsome info on this thread

DAVID 1989 Ford Probe GT FE3 TURBO 2.0L DOCH 16V.
            PRD Best 1st gen at Myrtle Madness X
            [X]FE3 TURBOCHARGED + TOO MANY EXTRAS[X]

232hp-220tq @ 10psi for now
            cardomain

Comment

Very Nice Todd

We need to talk about some of the options you missed that are on my car that are not listed.

I think you did a wonderful job with this... Thanks so much for all your help..

Now you have my main manual so I hope to see some proceedure stuff somewhere also.. and so i can have my book back... LOL

Toodles,
              Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
              MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
              Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

FYI: http://www.hyedracyl.com brake kit is only for 2nd gens.

Goodjob on the faqs ,

Comment

Yeah, I posted the hye-dra-cyl site because they have the ability to manufacture a brake set kit for the 1Gs. And they might have the specs available for big brake upgrades already just no market (yet).
                  Thanks for the input!

Stacey, you've got my number/email!
                  PS, Damon still has my Maximum Boost book!
                  Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
                  1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Ive got a couple todd for the people lookin the FAQ's and wondering about gauges for the 2.2

Helpful Tips for installing gauges on the 2.2 GL/LX (Autometer specific but applies to most)

Oil Pressure Gauge

*jack up the car on stands or ramps....be shure to brace the rear wheels
                    *go ahead and drain your oil...from the pan ...this is gonna make it alot easier to work on and not so messy...
                    *for the 2.2 crawl under your car and look on the block facing the firewall....while your under there you will see your oil fiter remove it....then you should notice the oil pressure sending unit somewhere in the vacinity of the oil filter....it looks like a like a mushroom with a plug...and 2 wires running from it
                    *remove the oil sending unit with a set of groove angled pliers....and take the plug off and set it aside outta the way
                    *apply a big of teflon tape to the threads of your new sender....or fitting with the tube....and screw it directly into the port that you took the sending unit out of....btw the threads on the block are 1/8 NPT or 1/4 NPT either way....the after market sender or adapeter will screw in without the need for other fittings...and if it does need one...its more than likely the reducer and its supplied
                    *tighten the new sender/fitting up....decently tight but remember with the 2.2 youre threading a bolt into aluminum...be careful...run your new sender wire if the gauge is electric....or your tubing with a mechanical gauge....and MAKE SHURE they are not close to excessive heat or kinked....this is especially important with a Mechanical gauge because the fluid will travel thru the tube to whereever the gauge is housed....
                    *start the motor...check for leaks ...and give the gauge about 10 min and it should read correct at idle...

Water Temperature Gauge (my method, utalizing and still using the stock gauge also)

I used the water port that goes from the bottom of the intake manifold or the head...whatever the case youll see it its a lil 3/8 inch hose that runs from there to the throttle body....plain view if you are looking at the valve cover

1. youre going to need parts...remember this is for adding on the gauge and still keeping your stocker....I like this option because it lets you read the coolant after some of it has already been circulated and not just whats comming out of the radiator like your stock temperature sender does...it can be a life saver...and help with diagnosis...BELIEVE ME....but heres what you are going to need
                    -3/8 NPT "T" fitting (3 female ends)
                    -2 3/8 Barb fittings (male ends)
                    -3/8 inch diameter coolant hose
                    -teflon tape
                    you can find this all at a local hardware store

2. assemble the T fitting with the barbs in a straight line....add teflon tape to all mating surfaces...add in your sender to the top port of the T and make shure that you run a ground wire somewhere from the T to the chassis ground...but DO NOT have it connected directly to the sender

3. remove the hose from the bottom of the throttle body....and insert it into one of the barb fittings on the T...a 90 Degree elbow will help you if you dont have enough hose...2 feet should be plenty...attach hose clamps and tighten

4. run your new hose from the other end of the T ....opposite the one you used for the stock hose....to the bottom of the throttle body and the water port...once again...use hose clamps and tighten....and reattach to the TB

5. Run the wire for the sender away from the heat of the manifold and VC....I utalized the engine hook...it comes in handy....add some wire loom to clean up the installation....

the only problem you might experience with this...if if you apply +12v and the gauge doesnt move or peggs ..its your ground wire...check again....

Air to Fuel Meter (non-ecu tampering method)

1. disconnect your negative terminal
                    2. follow your O2 sensor off of your downpipe/exhaust manifold up to a connector right beside the waterneck/thermostat housing and Coolant temperature sender
                    3. Cut the wire AFTER the connector....the wire before the sender is shielded....and its safer this way.....
                    4. Splice directly into the wire that you cut and stripped after the connector/plug
                    5. Run that wire to the sender wire of your A/F gauge
                    6. add +12v lead to the gauge
                    7. cover ANY bare wires and reconnect the battery
                    8. start the car and watch the pretty LED's

continued.....
                    1990PGL - 1993 PGT (ATX)

Comment

Automatic Transmission Temerature Gauge (ATX'ers this is a MUST)

Follow the parts list and assembly for the Water temperature gauge above....I do believe these are 3/8 lines also...they are on my PGT...but its a second gen....

To find your coolant lines...crawl under the car and you will notice two rubber hoses from your automatic transaxle running into the bottom of the radiator....

on my PGT the top is the feed bottom is the return...but it really doesnt matter because you will get close to the same reading on either coolant hose....

flip a coin and cut one of the hoses in half....

follow instructions just like adding a water temperature gauge....adding the T into the two sides of the hoses....

like this

HOSE---------------> "T fitting" <--------------------------hose to ATX

add in your sender to the top port of the T run your wire...and once again make shure you ground your T-Fitting but not the sender....

now you know what your ATX is running regularly and more than likely you will take your 40 dollars to Advance Auto and get a imperial tranny cooler (same as the hayden 404...and made by Hayden) and add it on....
                      1990PGL - 1993 PGT (ATX)

Comment

Great job on the FAQ.

This will be a great reference for all.
                        HOSER BRAD

88 10th Anniversary RX-7
                        02 Explorer Limited
                        The probe is gone but the memories remain.

Comment

Re: F2 FAQ

anomaly you are freakin awesome. im new to this site but youve pretty much answered every question i had and even a few more. thanks

Comment

Is there really such a thing as a sober Irishman? I mean, really...
                            2006 Nautical Blue Scion tC

1989 Metallic Midnight Garnet PGT --> Swiftus Maximus Swift no longer...

myspace/tjbartjr

Comment

It makes me feel good that people can really use and learn from this thread (kinda like climbing the rope in gym class!). Really lets me know that the time spent researching, collecting, and compiling all this information was worth it!
                              Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

haha i guess when you really think about it, no there is no such thing as a sober irishman. but i can see what im typing so im about as sober as they come

Comment

Working...
                                X