megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by poissonn View Post
    Yeah, my car idles smoother with a 13:1 AFR so that's where mine is set to, with 10* of advance. I have a high idle problem because of a vac leak or the iac so if i jump the advance to 12 it idles at like 1500rpm...too high.
    just adjust it with your idle screw
    mx-3quebec.com member, mx3 lightweight klze all motor fully built, 323 bp-t@25 psi beater

Comment

Originally posted by ggrt21 View Post
      just adjust it with your idle screw
      that's just a band-aid over the problem. I shouldn't need to have the idle screw all the way down to get a 700-800rpm idle...
      MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

Well more pressure requires less duty cycle and visa versa. Hooking up the vacuum line tells the FPR to raise pressure ~10psi at WOT and add another 1psi for every 1lb of boost (1:1 rising rate for the Aeromotive style). That's why mine is set at 30psi with 550 injectors, this means at 15lbs of boost I get about 55psi.

But I think in the end it's the same thing, you just tune it differently.
        Last edited by mac1; October 4, 2010, 01:23 PM.
        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Probably the same thing. Maybe less stress on the injectors your way since they don't see 60psi all the time? Do you remember what was your base pressure with the millenias?

Comment

base pressure is about 38 at wot
            mx-3quebec.com member, mx3 lightweight klze all motor fully built, 323 bp-t@25 psi beater

Comment

yeah, that's on stock FPR maybe he had set his aeromotive higher for his needs...

Comment

nobody else has tables to post? I'm trying to compare, as my car is running too rich...
                Driveable but not finished: 93 PGT-T, millenia KLDE, ported Garrett T3 60trim @10psi, intercooled, MSv1, AEM WB, 10.2mm race plug wires, lowered 1" w/chrome swirlies, MX3 trans, stage 3 race clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, short shifter, tranny saver, phelonic spacers (TB & IM), milly S injectors, AFPR @70psi, walbro 255lph, 2.5" custom exhaust...

Comment

Really, it depends a lot on your setup. The spark tables here can be a real good basis to start with but the fuel table WILL be a lot different for every engine. Are you using tunerstudio? I am using the paid version and there is the VE Analyze live feature which tune your fuel map while your running based on your AFR table and it works suprinsingly awesome!

Comment

No, I'm using megatune for now. I downloaded TunerStudio, but I am more familiar with Megatune at the moment. That's what I am figuring out, that fuel tables can be very different for each engine. But I think I have something hooked up wrong because with REQ fuel set at 10, I am cutting values in the VE tables in half or more just to get the engine to run higher than 10:1. And kPa shouldn't be that different from the guy that I got the engine from. Does that make sense?
                    Driveable but not finished: 93 PGT-T, millenia KLDE, ported Garrett T3 60trim @10psi, intercooled, MSv1, AEM WB, 10.2mm race plug wires, lowered 1" w/chrome swirlies, MX3 trans, stage 3 race clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, short shifter, tranny saver, phelonic spacers (TB & IM), milly S injectors, AFPR @70psi, walbro 255lph, 2.5" custom exhaust...

Comment

what injectors are you using and what is your fuel pressure set to?

btw tunerstudio is almost identical to MT...took me 10 minutes to learn how to use it. You can also make the menus look the same as MT.

Comment

milly s injectors, 65psi FPR...but I might lower it, because i have black carbon deposits on the ground at my tailpipe--its that rich!

Really, maybe i'll install Tunerstudio tonight!?!?
                        Last edited by turbo2383; December 6, 2010, 03:17 PM.

Comment

my car is stored right now so I don't have access to my MS but I'll look if I can find my fuel map...I was running milly s with AFPR set to 60psi

Comment

you think lowering the fuel pressure will lean it out much?

Comment

it all depends on how your fuel map is tuned. Lowering the fuel pressure will lean all the fuel map and your duty cycle will go up. You can't just lower the fuel pressure and hope everything will be fine. You will one way or another have to do some tuning if you want some kind of fuel economy and good boost AFR....

Comment

does anyone no if 94pgt,s tables will work with my current setup?
                                klze
                                turbo grind cams
                                stock disty
                                port and polish
                                interprep springs

im planning on just running that setup untill i can get it properly tuned.
                                will this atleast get the motor running?
                                mx3, ze swap, SS autochrome headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, custom made CAI, AWR motor mounts, interprep valve springs, n/a 218 race grind colt cams, street PnP, thermal spacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X