Very Worried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Worried...

So the last time I talked to Stephen on the phone was last night about 8:30ishpm my time. He promised, as always, to call in the morning once he was up and about.

The plan was for him and his dad to start their driving about 5:00am I think, as apparently traffic in that area was really bad and they wanted to beat it.

5:00am there would have put it at 3:00am my time.

I woke up a little before 6:30 and found it kind of strange he hadn't called yet, but figured he must be "letting me sleep" as he does sometimes so I drifted back off with few worries.

Woke back up a few minutes after 8:00 and he still hadn't called. :sad:

Worried, I dialed his number on my cell in attempts to reach him.

The phone rings twice...dreaded Sprint recording comes on, "The PCS number you have called is temporarily out of service..."

:sad:

This stupid company likes to find little hidden charges he thought he paid and then proceed to cut off his service. [img]/forums/images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] A couple weeks before he'd left on his trip he thought he'd given them enough money so they'd leave it alone for a while. Guess not...

So it's now 4:00pm my time...putting it at 6 at the latest for wherever he would be now.

I have not heard from him since last evening.

I can't believe he hasn't SOMEHOW called me. His dad's cell phone, a pay phone...anything. :sad: I am so worried and have been all day. I know they were planning to tour Mt. Rushmore today but I doubt that has taken 10+ hours.

Tomorrow he will be arriving at his grandmother's house in Montana. If nothing else, I hope he at least calls me from there. Even a 5 second call would make me feel MUCH better.

This really sucks. My baby is out in the middle of the country somewhere and I have no way of getting ahold of him. :sad::sad::sad:

~SumR
    I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Cell phone service can be quite shoddy in the mountains. Sprint's coverage simply sucks so that dosent help at all (very spotty in unpopulated areas). I'm sure he'll be ok. I'm the type of person that worries when someone dosent call when they said they would too.
    Anarchyx
    '94 Miata- GT2554, Megasquirt II
    '96 BMW 328i sport.

Comment

On Friday August 17, 2001 3:12 PM, anarchyx34 wrote:
      Cell phone service can be quite shoddy in the mountains. Sprint's coverage simply sucks so that dosent help at all (very spotty in unpopulated areas).
      Yeah...Sprint sucks. I know he went through a few areas where he was roaming, or not receiving service at all... So I'm thinking maybe part of the reason he hasn't called yet is because he decided to after he got out on the road and then soon found himself with no service.

But still... I can't help but worry and this is the same recording that always sounded when they had cut the phone off entirely. :sad:

~SumR

Comment

He's okay.:smile: His phone is off, his Dad's is "out of the calling area", he doesn't have change for a payphone, whatever. Could be a number of things that are preventing him from calling. Things that are not necessarily "bad".
        Could be he decided that he needed to become a member of NPA and has changed his destination to PA.! :grin:

(sorry. my lame attempt at comfort)
        There is no spoon.

Comment

Summer, he may not have had time to call and his service may have cut out on him...give him til tomorrow. Take a walk to clear your thoughts...think good thoughts!!!
          2004 Mazda Ti Grey 3s Hatch
          Former Probe owner
          Do American cows not Moo? or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Comment

Thats a mighty long Ball and Chain you got there....:razz:

Im sure everything is A OK....:grin:
            Rick_96PGT #62
            "I never apologize.
            I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
            - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

summer.. --> :smile:

im sure he is a-ok and is going to call soon.. hmm, maybe he decided he will surprise you

ypou never know so keep a chin up buckaroo

Comment

On Friday August 17, 2001 5:29 PM, Rick_96PGT wrote:
                Thats a mighty long Ball and Chain you got there....:razz:

Im sure everything is A OK....:grin:
                nice one rick! the ol' ball and chain...im sure he's just fine.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive words. :smile:

I still haven't heard from him yet though. :sad:

From the first time he IM'd me in February we've talked every single day regardless of the situation. I'd really been hoping to keep it that way. :sad:

<sigh> I'm off to the gym to focus on something else for an hour or two.
                  ~SumR

Comment

UPDATE :grin:

So he finally called me just moments before I was headed to the gym! :grin:

Needless to say I'm quite relieved.

His phone is indeed completely cut off and his dad's won't work in the area they are currently.

He called me long distance from a pay phone using a credit card, and will be calling me again collect later this evening.

<whew> I feel so much better. :smile:
                    ~SumR

Comment

See Summer, its all working out fine! Wow, you talk every day? Wow!!! Im glad you two spoke...go do something special for yourself!
                      2004 Mazda Ti Grey 3s Hatch
                      Former Probe owner
                      Do American cows not Moo? or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Comment

Send Goat my best wishes.
                        _™

Comment

knowing his pattern as you listed i figured there was a legit reason.
                          Taqmm D does the same thing to me ...she gets real nervous if i don't call when i'm late. Sad part is i just forget to call at times. I'll be switching that
                          former 97 PGTS owner

i need to fix my e-mail address. it don't work.

Comment

Steven is out in some backwoods titty bar somewhere. Don't worry. :smile: :smile: :smile:
                            2015 DGM WRX STI
                            2006 WRB Impreza WRX STi | GT30R Turbo and supporting mods | 380 AWHP | Sold
                            2002 WRB Impreza WRX | Sold
                            1995 Rio Red Probe GT | Sold
                            1991 White Ford Ranger | Sold

Comment

On Friday August 17, 2001 3:05 PM, Snorb93GT wrote:
                              This really sucks. My baby is out in the middle of the country somewhere and I have no way of getting ahold of him. :sad::sad::sad:
                              OH NO!

quick, someone call the national guard! the goat's missing!

seriously though, i'm sure he's alright. don't fret sweetie! he'll be in OR soon enough.
                              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                              X