Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with sudden no start

I have been enjoying my 96 probe since in got it on the road last year

last week I came home for lunch and when I came back out to leave it would not start, just cranks and cranks and cranks.

I know I got fuel as my after market regulator shows the pressure after the rails and I know the engine turns over and I know the timing belt did not slip.

So I changed the distributor and the crank positioning sensor ..

still no start, just cranks and cranks .. no error codes when I connect the OBDII reader

any ideas what to check next, I am getting angry with this problem

just tried to swap the computer...

still no go...

sigh

Comment

do you get spark?
      1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
      What have I done to it? Stuff...
      What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
      Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Comment

Make sure 100% your getting fuel just because your Regulator shows it doesnt mean its working.. and check to make sure your getting Spark.. if your getting spark try shooting starting fluid in the intake and see if it acts like it wants to fire.. we can go from there when you check and verify
        95 PGT Current project
        95 PSE swapped in 93 KL...Headers.... K&N cold Air.... Gutted Caged and ready for Dirt
        01 Seabring Convert 01 Neon Rims With Spacers..
        99 Olds Cutlas DD

Comment

try starting it, then pull a plug, if the plug is wet you have fuel, now that you have pulled the plug ground it and crank again, watch for spark.

recently my disty rotor button started sending spark through it to earth, it may be the rotor button also or the ever common failed ignitor.
          Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
          Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
          Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Working...
          X