No announcement yet.

Millennia-S Forged 4340 connecting rods for 2nd Gen. Probe GT's & Mazda MX-6's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money sent please pm me when these ship.

thanks
    03 frontier family car/dd
    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

money sent
      93 mazda mx6 turbo 650whp

Comment

Cant wait
        Feel like a little school boy...

Perfect timing
        V V
        "Its not over til FATS says its over"

Now playing with a Toyota 22ret 4X4 Pickup
        super 60-1 @ 25psi

Comment

Anymore sets left? I'll have the dough in a month
          MX3--KLZE: .50/.63 57 trim turbo

My Cardomain site

Comment

Looks to be 6-7 sets left, since i paid last night and my name is already on the list. I dont think they will last a month though.

Ryan

Comment

man i dont know what to do, i was going to start rebuilding the ze this winter but i have no idea yet to what parts. i would like to get around 400 to the ground on boost but having no time lately i have not even thought what to get, these seem to be pretty good. hope i can sit down and make a list before these are gone.

Comment

save me a set, I will be in after myrtle as well

Comment

Originally posted by dali
                  man i dont know what to do, i was going to start rebuilding the ze this winter but i have no idea yet to what parts. i would like to get around 400 to the ground on boost but having no time lately i have not even thought what to get, these seem to be pretty good. hope i can sit down and make a list before these are gone.
                  I had "I" beam mustang stroker rods before these that were rated to over 600hp. These rods look ALOT beefier and are an H beam design which is also a stronger design. I think these rods would be able to handle anything that anyone on this board could throw at them.

Ryan

Comment

I'm about this freakin close here... have money... I see all the heavy hitters are buying these but...

Has anyone used these rods in a build that's currently running?

Any results to speak of?

That's all I need to know, tell me that there's a rebuild out there running these rods with no major issues and another set is sold.
                    DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                    Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                    BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

Originally posted by jmmdm2
                      That's all I need to know, tell me that there's a rebuild out there running these rods with no major issues and another set is sold.
                      Thats what i was waiting for but when i saw how fast they were selling i decided to become a guinea pig

Comment

I was thinking about that stuff at one time aswell. after reading alot of rurockn's post, it appers to me that like myself he's a machinist or atleast works in/around a machine shop. when the first set was made he spent alot of time making sure these were right. fact is that if you take a rod to a shop that makes rods, and you ask for the same thing only stronger and with better material then it's pretty hard to mess it up. if you have all the tooling and machines around you to check the parts (say if you worked in a machine shop) checking the center-center bore is a piece of cake. out of roundness is a piece of cake to check. see were I'm going with this, now if you have specs from a company that says we will held the parts to this size +/- .00xx amount and you not only have the orignal, but also the tools needed to check every little aspect wouldn't you. he's been around for a long time and I can't see him pulling a czt,pmo, or any other scam. and at this price(less then 100 a rod) I can;t see himputting his good name on the line to make 20-30 bucks if that off 12 people.

bascially what it comes down to is that you have just as good of chance to get a bad rod/set of rods from any other shop that makes just rods.

Comment

exactly my thougts. Buy them and find out or be sceptical and miss out. I'm just being frugal at the moment.
                          Originally posted by harvey93gt
                          I was thinking about that stuff at one time aswell. after reading alot of rurockn's post, it appers to me that like myself he's a machinist or atleast works in/around a machine shop. when the first set was made he spent alot of time making sure these were right. fact is that if you take a rod to a shop that makes rods, and you ask for the same thing only stronger and with better material then it's pretty hard to mess it up. if you have all the tooling and machines around you to check the parts (say if you worked in a machine shop) checking the center-center bore is a piece of cake. out of roundness is a piece of cake to check. see were I'm going with this, now if you have specs from a company that says we will held the parts to this size +/- .00xx amount and you not only have the orignal, but also the tools needed to check every little aspect wouldn't you. he's been around for a long time and I can't see him pulling a czt,pmo, or any other scam. and at this price(less then 100 a rod) I can;t see himputting his good name on the line to make 20-30 bucks if that off 12 people.

bascially what it comes down to is that you have just as good of chance to get a bad rod/set of rods from any other shop that makes just rods.
                          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

of course I have faith in rurockn and I'd never consider a CZT issue here... I'm more concerned with getting pistons with the correct pin etc.

I'm not quite sure how easy it's going to be to get pistons to fit these rods. I was going to go the IPP route as my friend just did. They use Weisco and I don't want to deal with that brand BUT it's sold as a kit. One less step for me to take.

I'm getting a bit more comfortable with this BB because there's talk of a forged piston BB by some of the buyers here. That would make things much easier for me.

My hesitation at every step has less to do with money and more to do with all the running to shops and effort to pull the motor. I just put a tranny in and all was great again, now I've spun a bearing due to a stupid oversight (low oil in a hard corner). It's that sinking feeling you get when you know your gonna be lying under the car AGAIN finding the right combo to get the top bolt out of the intermediate shaft... pulling the three nuts off the rear primary... pulling the power steering pump...

I mean you just don't know what's gonna happen till start up.
                            DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                            Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                            BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

I hear you, but agian since there made from millenia s rod specs, and there are pistions maed for a kit that use millenia s rods then getting them should be a piece of cake.

on the pulling motor thing, thats all in a half a days work.

Comment

Shaodome said a lot of great things about these and the seller. Considering this and reading about these as they were designed etc... I have full faith in this deal. I'm going to tentatively run 25psi after I buy a Quafi 6 spd until then ill run 15 psi... and 8.5:1 cr

Flatlander sells the pistons for these @ 660 set, no rings!
                                Last edited by fats; November 10, 2006, 10:21 PM.
                                "Its not over til FATS says its over"

Now playing with a Toyota 22ret 4X4 Pickup
                                super 60-1 @ 25psi

Comment

Working...
                                X