X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start with the 2.5!!!!!!!!!
    MAD MED PGT-ZE
    KLZE Block & Custom Titanium ZE built Heads,Boared TB,Colt Tri-Flow Cams, Custom Cat Back, Pacesetter Headers,CAI,Short throw shifter, Custom Quaiffe LSD transaxle, Tranny saver,Traction Bars,FD flywheel,Centerforce Clutche,Kosei K1's 13.6lb Wheels,GTS seats & Black Interior,Millennia S Injectors,MEGA Squirt!!

Comment

I personally don't have any experience, but IIRC, i've heard that some underdrive pullies need modification of the oil pump housing do to improper fit. I would make sure that's addressed.
      __________John__________
      Maroon '96 MX-6 M-Edition 112k stock with problems...
      Tan '95 MX-6 LS 222k miles, nearly bone stock
      2001 Volvo V70 XC - AWD 5cyl ~8psi turbo 170K w/ re-man trans
      re-born into a 95 body: White '96 MX-6 M-Edition 256k miles: CAI, 134k engine, 94k probe gt trans

Comment

On the site the 2.2L ones say they don't need modifying.. Unless I was reading the site wrong, might be I just have had stars in my eyes LOL..

I think what was said about the built balanced engines versus stock shows how a torsional vibration damper named differently actually gives up a lot of misconceptions of what it's for.. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BALANCE!!!! It has to do with the frequency, harmonics of vibration and degree of twisting of the crank. Simply if you want to see what it does take your index finger from one hand grab on to it with the other had and twist your find notice the elastic skin kinda holds back.. Thats what the rubber does. Best bet don't worry about it and those that want it maybe can spend their own money on properly designing a damper. Or offer several different fluid dampers of different frequency's that'll bolt on.
        Last edited by ya_whatever; February 23, 2009, 06:24 PM.
        93 gt
        95 tbird sc
        2010 focus ses

Comment

I'm in for one as long as I don't need to balance anything!

Mike

Comment

Just let me know.

I used to do alot of the prototyping for Rafi back when RR was bringing out new products.

Still have #1 of the RR STS and RR stabilizer bushings on the wife's car
            ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
            ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
            ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT View Post
              Just let me know.

I used to do alot of the prototyping for Rafi back when RR was bringing out new products.

Still have #1 of the RR STS and RR stabilizer bushings on the wife's car

Thats awesome!!!

Well the 2.2L pulley is almost done, and then we'll start on this pulley.

I hate to say it but I am a vendor for OBX, so if anyone wanted one of those pulleys let me know.

Comment

so can we look foward to one with a balancer?
                2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
                16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

oooh boy, here we go again!
                  http://www.imazda.com/MD323/sig.jpg
                  KLZE powered 323

Comment

Originally posted by MakatoMotors View Post
                    so can we look foward to one with a balancer?
                    It will not have one

Comment

<< dissapointed
                      was really looking foward to a 2.5 pulley with balancer
                      2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                      Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
                      16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

But doesn't the engine need to be balanced? Does the stock pully come with a balencer?

Mike

Comment

I'd get one because eventually, all the OE ones WILL separate at the outer ring.

And the wife uses an OE one.
                          ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                          ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                          ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

yes the oe will seperate, and that pisses me off, but do you need the balancer? if not then I'm all in and still in, if so, then I'd be hard pressed to buy one, I'd just find another OE ones.

Comment

If you look at the OE ones the drilled out holes are what provide the balance. You know I think for most of us the need to stop the crank from twisting by letting the weight on the pulley lag is minimal. If there was a greater need for it those guys would never get that 1000 HP 2.5 on the stock crank, it'd just twist itself to crap.
                              93 gt
                              95 tbird sc
                              2010 focus ses

Comment

but dont we already have undrive pulleys ??? wat the point of another one? y this over the ebay ones or rr ones. idk maybe im confused
                                2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                                16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

Working...
                                X