Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a KLZE DISTY with HEI , anyone intersted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a KLZE DISTY with HEI , anyone intersted?

I cleaned up the schematic for the 1993-1994 too, this one is much better than the old one.
    '93-'94 KLZE Disty Schematic

This is a schematic for a 1993-1994 KLZE disty, HEI, external coil, MSD 6A. ZEDISTY with MSD

Here is a schematic for a 1995 PGT running the klze disty, and the HEI W/ MSD Blaster 2 coil. I hooked this up last night, and tried it out on a 1995 pgt, works great!

1995 PGT KLZE Disty Schematic

Here is the pin out for the 1995 disty plugs HERE

Here is the pin-out for the 4 pin klze disty Here
    Last edited by Mbolin5; August 15, 2006, 08:03 AM.

Go for it, I'll add it to my archives.....just gotta find my ZE disty now
    ONPOC.ca Administrator
    K-Series.ca Founder

1993 PGTZE, forever under construction...

Comment

Originally posted by Tweaked
      Go for it, I'll add it to my archives.....just gotta find my ZE disty now
      Cool, one request is good enough for me! I have part of this done is MS Word, and a schematic is autocad. I will get it all together, along with a few pics, and make a post!

Look for it later in the week!

Comment

For starters, a schematic

Here is a drawing to start with, more pics to follow. Plus another drawing detailing the use of the 4 pin fuel rail plug instead of the 4 pin 'ze disty plug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3-94-REV-C.gif
        Last edited by Mbolin5; July 18, 2006, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbolin5
          If anybody is interested, I could do a write up on using the KLZE disty with the GM hei mod. I have pics, wiring diagrams, plug info, etc.

I know its been done, well i think so, nobody admits to it anyway, but it took a lot of searching, reading, etc to put all the pieces together

Let me know, but i dont want to post it just to be posting!

I've done this a couple times... but for myself I'm running stock ignition. Good mod though, definately deserves a write-up... go for it! the probe community will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbolin5
            Here is a drawing to start with, more pics to follow. Plus another drawing detailing the use of the 4 pin fuel rail plug instead of the 4 pin 'ze disty plug
            Looks good so far. BTW, save the picture in a .gif file. You have too many artifacts using jpeg compression. The gif will end up being <20kb and look crisp. Also, you should try to also label the wires based on position of the harness while installed. The colors of the wires change year to year, but the position does not (except '95-'97). Use "front(radiator side)", "rear(firewall side)", "driver's side", "passenger's side" as positioning descriptors if needed.

an example: 800x600 gif multicolor and crisp lettering 21.5 kb

http://home.comcast.net/~mmunoz70/z/msdiag01.gif
            Last edited by Omaha95PGT; August 19, 2004, 02:15 PM.
            Marc M.
            Black '95 PGT with mods 177.4 whp/159.6 wtq (probably way less now as the car has been partially de-modded)
            2000 BMW M-Roadster

Comment

Last edited by Mbolin5; August 15, 2006, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Any updates on this?
                What's a ZE?

i don't know, but your email address is NOT working and it needs to be fixed ASAP!

Comment

Here is the schematic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3-94-REV-C.gif
                  Last edited by Mbolin5; July 18, 2006, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha95PGT
                    Looks good so far. BTW, save the picture in a .gif file. You have too many artifacts using jpeg compression. The gif will end up being <20kb and look crisp. Also, you should try to also label the wires based on position of the harness while installed. The colors of the wires change year to year, but the position does not (except '95-'97). Use "front(radiator side)", "rear(firewall side)", "driver's side", "passenger's side" as positioning descriptors if needed.

an example: 800x600 gif multicolor and crisp lettering 21.5 kb

http://home.comcast.net/~mmunoz70/z/msdiag01.gif

Very nice!!! This pic helps me out a ton!

Thanks
                    Ryan

Comment

Good work.
                      Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

i hooked up my ZE disty with MSD blaster 2 coil and HEI last night. works great
                        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada
                          i hooked up my ZE disty with MSD blaster 2 coil and HEI last night. works great
                          Ben,
                          Is it hooked up like my schematic?

Good job either way Dude!

I was going to do mine this weekend too, but....fuel pump took a dump, so i am changing that out and............its everything i thought it could be, a total PITA!

Comment

well it's close to your schematic. the difference is, your schematic seems to be for a 95 disty or something. i had to use all 4 pins on the ZE disty. the blue/white one on your schematic of the ZE harness is the crankshaft position sensor and it gets plugged into the one labeled Unused on the 6pin. this is mandatory for me, since my megasquirt is based off that sensor.
                            the coil works great though, no problems, runs smooth!
                            1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                            2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                            2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada
                              well it's close to your schematic. the difference is, your schematic seems to be for a 95 disty or something. i had to use all 4 pins on the ZE disty. the blue/white one on your schematic of the ZE harness is the crankshaft position sensor and it gets plugged into the one labeled Unused on the 6pin. this is mandatory for me, since my megasquirt is based off that sensor.
                              the coil works great though, no problems, runs smooth!

Looks Like I need to redo the schematic! Its supposed to be for a 93-94. I will redo it tomorrow, and fix the links to the new drawing.

Other than what you stated above, did the schematic look right?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X