No announcement yet.

Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try changing the mixture of anti-freeze and water, needs to be exactly 50/50 or getting to the ideal temp could be hard.
    Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Pat thats EXACTLY what mine was doing too before I got the Motorcraft T-stat. I had the radiator completely blocked off and it would barely get warm and stay there. As soon as I put the T-stat in, temp went up into normal and it blows nice toasty air. I still have cardboard over the radiator but now its has about a 8-10in hole cut in the middle of it, just for good measure!

Maybe the Mazda T-stat you got wasn't any good... Its happened to me before Other then that, i don't know what else it would be.
      2005 & 2006 Track Champion-Hornet Division @ Fox Ridge Speedway (Dirt)
      2008 & 2012 Track Champion-Hornet Division @ LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway (Asphalt)
      WISPOC's Circle Track Connoisseur
      Current racing stable: 89PGT, 92PGT, a couple parts cars

Comment

no heat is usually caused by a stuck open thermostat ..it wont let the coolant get up to operating temp of 200F..possibly the door isnt opening all the way the one over the heater core ..thats easy enough to check that the door is fully open just put the temp. lever on the hottest setting ..the door should be open..otherwise the heater core might be plugged up if you havent changed coolant in a long while and happened to use plain water mixed with antifreeze instead of distilled water..what happens is the hard chemicals in the water boil out and plug the heater core passages or rust from the engine block plugs the core..run the engine for a half hour with the heat on full high then feel the two inline heater hoses going to the heater core..i bet they are barely warm.. they should be hot. if the heater core is plugged i think you have to remove the whole dash..its inside the ac evaporator case...about $60 for a new one

Comment

Originally posted by rallye26

Maybe the Mazda T-stat you got wasn't any good... Its happened to me before.
          went through two brand new auto part store ones, then just installed the OEM mazda one two nights ago.

the chances of all three failing right out of the box are way to rare. theres something else im missing and just havent figured it out yet. ill be removing the hoses off the heater core this weekend and checking/flushing that. cause thats the only other part of the heating/cooling system i havent touched yet.
          PaTricK
          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

My GT just barely reaches operating temperate and sits right below the "M" in the gauge. However, I do have heat, even while driving. The other day it was 39 F (in Florida of all places) and the heater worked fine, despite the operating temperature. The car takes about 8-10 minutes to warm up if I let it sit and idle, but I don't have time for that.
            89 Probe GT "Ruby"
            06 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

weve been seeing 0-15 degree's alot lately with windchill below zero in the morning. so heat is really needed.....

but the past few days have been warmer so it hasnt been as bad.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by TimB52
                test post
                You are going to get yourself booted -nobody likes this kind of crap (assuming you are even a real person and not a spambot!)
                Success is a measure of determination!
                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                X