Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

probes have issues, deep phsychological issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probes have issues, deep phsychological issues.

okay, so heres the latest batch of things i need to fix, but dont really know where to start.

1: starter problems. few months ago tried to start the car, got that click, like the starter was trying but wouldnt quite turn over, replaced the starter, problem persists, replaced battery, starter relay, pos cable to starter from battery ( up to 4 guage ) problem persists. i do have an alarm with starter kill, but my DMM shows no voltage drop before or after the connections, or at the starter. what the ******* do i do now?

2: hiccups. when i cruise at highway speeds ( or a little faster ) usualy between 2400-3500 rpm, the car hicups, like the wastgate is being told to open ( all stock equipment ) dispite my foot giving pressure ( even if very light ) to the throttle.

3: turning. this is the one thats kida got me angry. when i turn under throttle ( throttle out at the apex anyway ) the motor will kinda stall ( not die, but will refuse to spool boost, or increase rpm, untill ive leveled out from the turn and are pointing in a straight line again. it almost feels like that gap in momentum when an ATX shifts, but much much longer and on an MTX car, its fricken frustrating.

4: Clutch bubbles. clutch pedal was giving some inconsistant " softness " and eventualy made it hard to get in to gear without pumping the pedal a few times. awkward in trafic. checked for leaks, found none. replaced cluch master cyl, and rebuilt slave cyl ( for the 3th time in a year, seriously ) problem solved for 2 weeks, now inconsistant softness returns, still no leaks, is the answer to this one, pull off cluch master and bench bleed it again, bt do it right this time?

5: plug temps. no real problem here, but when do i know if its time to go down a temp range on the plugs? should i just do it anwyay?

thanks for listnin'

-neal
    1989 GL/T
    F2T

- 89GT front bumper and tails / ADR battle Exe 17" / forged pistons / 2.5" downpipe-exaust-flowmaster / kyb-gr2s / vented rotors / ACT clutch / MSD 6al w/BTM / MSD blaster 2 coil / CAI / rear disc / Short throw / subie brakes / ss lines / AFR TEMP BOOST OIL fiberglassed / 2500w of audio bliss
    Coming soon - (when i feel like it)- t-bird turbo - fmic - hard pipes - megasquirtII v 3 - lc-1 - custom guage cluster - and a little meth.

1: starter problems. few months ago tried to start the car, got that click, like the starter was trying but wouldnt quite turn over, replaced the starter, problem persists, replaced battery, starter relay, pos cable to starter from battery ( up to 4 guage ) problem persists. i do have an alarm with starter kill, but my DMM shows no voltage drop before or after the connections, or at the starter. what the ******* do i do now?

Only thing I can think of is a possible ground? Myu suggestion is rewire to stock for a few days and see if the condition persists.

3: turning. this is the one thats kida got me angry. when i turn under throttle ( throttle out at the apex anyway ) the motor will kinda stall ( not die, but will refuse to spool boost, or increase rpm, untill ive leveled out from the turn and are pointing in a straight line again. it almost feels like that gap in momentum when an ATX shifts, but much much longer and on an MTX car, its fricken frustrating.

This is usually related to having a quarter or less of a tank of gas, there really aint a fix for it, other than keep your gas tank above a quarter. Also could be an issue with the pickup at the fuel pump.
    1990 PGL

Custom 2 1/4 Catback, Standard Cone Intake, Polished Valve Cover, More to Come!

Comment

would it be wise to lenghten the pickup at the pump ( its a walpro 255lph, ) and i did notice that the sock was shorter than the stock pickup. i was thinking a lenght of high pressure line to add about 2in with the sock on the bottom of it to get to the absolute bottom of the tank. im poor man, sometimees a quarter tank is all i can get.

starter ground. is the ground wire for the starter a smaller guage than the pos wire? and just so im clear on everything and not about to set my car on fire, i run the nre ground off the second terminal on the starter ( oposite the pos terminal?) or does it ground though the body of the starter to the block?
      Last edited by Die_TAXI_diE; June 20, 2006, 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      1989 GL/T
      F2T

- 89GT front bumper and tails / ADR battle Exe 17" / forged pistons / 2.5" downpipe-exaust-flowmaster / kyb-gr2s / vented rotors / ACT clutch / MSD 6al w/BTM / MSD blaster 2 coil / CAI / rear disc / Short throw / subie brakes / ss lines / AFR TEMP BOOST OIL fiberglassed / 2500w of audio bliss
      Coming soon - (when i feel like it)- t-bird turbo - fmic - hard pipes - megasquirtII v 3 - lc-1 - custom guage cluster - and a little meth.

Comment

Working...
      X