Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 PGT ATX vs. LATE MODEL SUBARU IMPREZA ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 PGT ATX vs. LATE MODEL SUBARU IMPREZA ?????

Hey fellow probers,
    Last night my buddy ( 2.0L I4 ) with CAI, EXHAUST, UDP raced this subaru impreza that represents a local car club. Anyway, I was behind him and from what I seen my buddy gave him a good run. This crew thinks there (censored) dont stink. The Subaru has a WEAPON R CAI, and I dont know what else. Will I have enough to shut this guy up ?

if your saying your buddy with a 2.0 beat a smurfin 98,99,00, 01 impreza I am telling you right now you are full of shit. I have raced an imprezza so many times, and they are not a slow car. Also those cars don't suck, my next car will be an impreza.

Comment

Your car has 118 HP / 127 TQ ... though, the Imprezza weighs upwards 3100 lbs, you have an advantage there. Here are the engine types and their specs for '98-'02 model Imprezza's...I could see taking the 1.8L one...

2.5L 165 HP / 166 TQ
      2.0L 227 HP / 217 TQ / Turbo

2.2L 142 HP / 149 TQ
      2.5L 165 HP / 166 TQ

2.5L 165 HP / 166 TQ

2.2L 142 HP / 149 TQ
      2.5L 165 HP / 166 TQ

2.2L 137 HP / 145 TQ
      2.5L 165 HP / 166 TQ

1.8L 115 HP / 120 TQ
      2.2L 137 HP / 145 TQ

Comment

Impreza RS's are slow with average drivers. My friend has one and with only a K&N bolted to the TB, he ran a 16.2 @83 with only a 2.2 60ft, that sucks for an AWD car. Most people dont know that even though its AWD, it still bogs like crazy off the line. One guy with an RS I know doesnt mind abusing his car, he drops the clutch at redline and runs consistent 2.0 60fts, and his best is only a 15.7 @ 85 so as you can see they have no top-end.
        New motor has 1700 miles on it running good so far...

Ross Pistons 10:1/Eagle Rods/66.5mm TB/Ported manifold/P&P heads w/5 angle valve job/Interprep "street" cams and springs/Pace$hitter headers/JJ RTP/Greddy Exhaust/Aeromotive FPR/Walbro 190/Fidanza FW/Clutchmasters Stg 3/Tokico Illuminas/Eibach Springs/Kosei K1 15lb wheels/gutted from front seats back-177whp 159ft/lbs SAE corrected stock ecu, N20 to come

Comment

On 2001-04-22 07:55, Black'94GT wrote:
          Impreza RS's are slow with average drivers. My friend has one and with only a K&N bolted to the TB, he ran a 16.2 @83 with only a 2.2 60ft, that sucks for an AWD car. Most people dont know that even though its AWD, it still bogs like crazy off the line. One guy with an RS I know doesnt mind abusing his car, he drops the clutch at redline and runs consistent 2.0 60fts, and his best is only a 15.7 @ 85 so as you can see they have no top-end.
          Keyword BAD Drivers! They are not slow. How many of you have actually raced one? I am talkin about an RS. They have 165 Horse but they have AWD! And although they have a 6200 redline, they do have not that bad of a top-end. I have so many videos of Impreza's verse probes, mine, Wheelz_95PGT and another guy, all GTs and everytime they took us. The only way you can beat one is if you are in a 1/4 drag or on the highway, but even on the highway they can keep up. I was going 130 and my friends 99' was right behind me the whole way. Do NOT underestimate these cars, cause they can kill you

Comment

On 2001-04-22 17:00, CaptainDip wrote:
            Keyword BAD Drivers! They are not slow. How many of you have actually raced one? I am talkin about an RS. They have 165 Horse but they have AWD! And although they have a 6200 redline, they do have not that bad of a top-end. I have so many videos of Impreza's verse probes, mine, Wheelz_95PGT and another guy, all GTs and everytime they took us. The only way you can beat one is if you are in a 1/4 drag or on the highway, but even on the highway they can keep up. I was going 130 and my friends 99' was right behind me the whole way. Do NOT underestimate these cars, cause they can kill you
            I have no respect for 2.5 RS's sorry. When I only had intake and exhaust, I raced my friends that runs a 15.7(magazine time for an RS), and he would get me in 1st gear, I would catch him at about 50, and I would be ahead by 65, then I hit 3rd and I would pull about 1 car. Once we went up to 130mph, and I pulled him so hard in 4th and 5th it wasnt even funny. His car only pulled 85 or 86mph in the 1/4, vs my car pulling 90mph with a bad clutch. They seem to die at about 60mph
            New motor has 1700 miles on it running good so far...

Ross Pistons 10:1/Eagle Rods/66.5mm TB/Ported manifold/P&P heads w/5 angle valve job/Interprep "street" cams and springs/Pace$hitter headers/JJ RTP/Greddy Exhaust/Aeromotive FPR/Walbro 190/Fidanza FW/Clutchmasters Stg 3/Tokico Illuminas/Eibach Springs/Kosei K1 15lb wheels/gutted from front seats back-177whp 159ft/lbs SAE corrected stock ecu, N20 to come

Comment

Okay, I don't know why Kyle said you had 2.0 numbers... cause the topic clearly states you have a PGTatx... And with the fact that you have an atx... HOW THE FUNK do you plan on installing a Fidanza flywheel? flywheels only work in Manuals... Anyway... JUST RACE HIM. God I get so damn tired of seeing "will my car beat this? I gotz rimz...."
              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Working...
              X