No announcement yet.

ACM: Allentown Cookout Meet 2005- June 18, 2005 11:00 AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, is it okay if i give you cash when i get there? Friggin paypal keeps being a dick to me, and last time i used it it charged my account twice, so i'd rather not deal with it.

Oh, and Rupert was the name of my dead ferret
    ~Meghan
    1997 Ford Probe - No more... 9/8/05 *sniff*
    Sugar High Productions

Comment

well guys the gts is on it's last leg... the engine sounds nothing short of deathly, hopefully i can find a quick fix this week, if not, i won't be making it....i'm too proud to show up without my car.

however if i do get there... i've promised a $50 donation that i will make good on....

i've been looking forward to this for months and two weeks ago.. my engine deciees to do some weird shit. and i am not happy.

-Jason
      Turbo GTS- Has become one with nature again.
      97' Corvette for the commute
      94' BMW 325is for the racetrack
      08' Sierra Denali for the family

Comment

Originally posted by FireRedGt
        well guys the gts is on it's last leg... the engine sounds nothing short of deathly, hopefully i can find a quick fix this week, if not, i won't be making it....i'm too proud to show up without my car.

however if i do get there... i've promised a $50 donation that i will make good on....

i've been looking forward to this for months and two weeks ago.. my engine deciees to do some weird shit. and i am not happy.

-Jason
        i'll be there without my car...

you gotta come!

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

Jason, when you did the reinstall, what did you use, if anything, to compress your timing belt tensioner?

And Ben, where is your car? Still 2K firm?
          ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
          ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
          ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos311clarity
            work has never and will never be a good excuse to miss meets.
            Is a wedding a good excuse?

I wish I could go...
            ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
            '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
            '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
            '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
            NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

SURVEY SAYS: ... sorry you used that one last year.. try again.
              [FS links are NOT ALLOWED in signatures, except for vendors!] lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow001
                One week!

Be there or die, mother****ers!!
                mark, if you have a 90degree silicone connector, i will buy it off of you and install my FMIC, turn the boost to 15psi...otherwise im at work till 5pm.... so i think ima die
                I've owned the Same Probe for 10 years.

Comment

Yep. I used the wedding excuse last year, but this year is more important! That still doesn't excuse me from being lame though.

Back on topic! Have a great time on Saturday, everyone.
                  Last edited by tigereyes799; June 13, 2005, 06:33 PM.
                  ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
                  '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                  '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                  '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
                  NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

travis...

i used a vice.... did it the same way i compressed mistu tensioners when i did t-belts on them when working there.....

i'm 90% sure it is the rod bearings.....the noise got excessively worse today after the car sat in the sun while i was at work all day.... i'm guessing the oil thinned out a lot and made the bearings sound worse..after dropping the pan this afternoon and finding my oillike ware and the bearing caps feeling extremely loose i'm getting the bearing tomorrow and we'll try that..... i've done the screwdriver and listen thing.... the noise was insane when ove the VC's... non-existent when around the timing belt....

if this doesn't fix it... i'm just going to get the TB tensioner, and if that doesn't do it, say screw it, but another engine with less than 160K and put all this new shit on it...

i hope the bearings fix it so i can bring it out this weekend :-/.

-Jason
                    Turbo GTS- Has become one with nature again.
                    97' Corvette for the commute
                    94' BMW 325is for the racetrack
                    08' Sierra Denali for the family

Comment

Originally posted by FireRedGt
                      buy another engine with less than 160K and put all this new shit on it...
                      i have a professionally rebuilt engine with nearly 11K miles on it for sale...
                      Last edited by bencollinz; June 14, 2005, 07:13 AM.

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT
                        Jason, when you did the reinstall, what did you use, if anything, to compress your timing belt tensioner?

And Ben, where is your car? Still 2K firm?
                        my car is here, still driving it.
                        i need a new vaf to TB elbow, the stock rubber elbow just completely tore off, so it runs like poo. hahaha. lame.

so if anyone has a metal elbow or a stock one they'd give up, i'd much appreciate it.

as far as selling it, yea, i still am. no one has shown interest, so no big deal.
                        i may part it out before selling as a whole tho (cuz of the engine and tranny). i'm still deciding. and it's also depending on if i get approved for a loan for the replacement car.

meghan, yea that's fine. many people are handing me money when they arrive.

ben
                        Last edited by bencollinz; June 14, 2005, 07:14 AM.

2007 Volvo S40 T5 AWD

Comment

Im so amped only 3 days left! Anyone from Lancaster want to meet up in like denver or something? Let me know. Yeah and Paypal is acting gay so can i give you the $10 upfront?

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Kylie. I apparantly now have a wedding to go to as well(not the same one though).
                            Stephen Wilds #303
                            PhotoPOC
                            BMW 328i
                            BMW Z4

Comment

Hey "Mx6Vtech".... I will be in Ephrata Saturday morning. I'm supposed to be driving down with "Fireredgt". Umm.... he lives in Denver Also and Denver is only like 5 minutes from Ephrata PA. If you wanna caravan down the TP with me and fireredgt.. let me know. The more the better!!!

-Joe
                              1992 Taurus SHO MODS: SHOshop Y-Pipe, 2.5" Magnaflow Catback, K&N
                              2007 Subaru WRX TR MODS: SPT Intake, Invidia 4"-3" catless DP, Invidia 3" street exhaust, Open Source Tune, Big Top Mount
                              Best 1/4- 12.7@ 106mph on a 1.78 60'

Comment

Crap.. double post
                                Last edited by phatnucca; June 15, 2005, 06:42 AM. Reason: Double post
                                1992 Taurus SHO MODS: SHOshop Y-Pipe, 2.5" Magnaflow Catback, K&N
                                2007 Subaru WRX TR MODS: SPT Intake, Invidia 4"-3" catless DP, Invidia 3" street exhaust, Open Source Tune, Big Top Mount
                                Best 1/4- 12.7@ 106mph on a 1.78 60'

Comment

Working...
                                X