Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > News and Support > Web Site News

Web Site News This forum is for site news and updates regarding ProbeTalk.com

Old November 3rd, 2010, 12:51 AM   #26
mac1
Probe has-been

WTB should be more the "I only want to pay so much" for said part. Otherwise they are being lazy. And since i'm as cheap as they come, i'll prolly be doing just that.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
no.

honestly, if you go and do that, you have far too much time on your hands. go out and find me an engine for my mx-6 if you've got nothing else to do.
I do have lots of time, but it's not like they are gonna fall on my lap, you do know that scrap metal worth has gone up right?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:22 PM   #27
rajamit
NCPOC4LIFE

Great news! Thanks for taking the time and consideration for the pict rule...

I think we should someohow make a picture thread or something and get a rally up for another donation.. Im sure everyone can throw in $5 just for good faith!

lets get some ideas together to raise some money for the site guys.

Lets do some sort of raffle or contest where everyone puts in $5... not sure what the prize would be... maybe a raffle for the 5*

proud owner since 1999
rajamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM   #28
steves93gt

This may be a dumb question. Will old for sale threads that are still active require users to add new pics, or will those threads be grandfathered in?

steves93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:58 PM   #29
pgtfreak
Born a poor black child

I've only been closing the threads that were started after this announcement, and don't follow the new rule. Though that doesn't mean people should just keep using old threads to get around the rule. And really, Damon has final say on this.
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:13 AM   #30
dmark101
Obfuscatory & Abstruse Nomenclature

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves93gt View Post
This may be a dumb question. Will old for sale threads that are still active require users to add new pics, or will those threads be grandfathered in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtfreak View Post
I've only been closing the threads that were started after this announcement, and don't follow the new rule. Though that doesn't mean people should just keep using old threads to get around the rule. And really, Damon has final say on this.
any old threads that are being 'bumped' just to bring them up or revive them after some time has passed can and should be closed, so jimmy's got the right idea on that.

anything that was posted in the month of october should be ok. anything older than that should be closed. we don't need FS threads dragged on and on and on.

anything posted on or after 1 nov, MUST have the pictures posted per the amended rules.
dmark101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #31
Jarod7920
POC Mod

Steps in the right direction welcome 2000!
back under the knife (high compression & spray)

93 PGT-T

96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah
Jarod7920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2010, 08:50 PM   #32
dmark101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod7920 View Post
Steps in the right direction welcome 2000!
2000?

now go update your thread.
Old November 5th, 2010, 09:18 PM   #33
1990pgl
Balls Across The Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamit View Post
Great news! Thanks for taking the time and consideration for the pict rule...

I think we should someohow make a picture thread or something and get a rally up for another donation.. Im sure everyone can throw in $5 just for good faith!

lets get some ideas together to raise some money for the site guys.

Lets do some sort of raffle or contest where everyone puts in $5... not sure what the prize would be... maybe a raffle for the 5*
i can do that maing another paypal account with all money to go there. winner gets the password and can foward the money to their own account or spend it lol
1990pgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:30 PM   #34
mtsmb
PT Regular

I like the new rules and additions to the boards.

As to the rule pertaining to the screen name in every pic, what should a seller do if they wanted to include some great pics of their car that were taken in the past? There may be situations where pics from a past meet or show (where great time was taken in cleaning/detailing) would be advantageous to have in the thread.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.
mtsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 01:40 AM   #35
dmark101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsmb View Post
I like the new rules and additions to the boards.

As to the rule pertaining to the screen name in every pic, what should a seller do if they wanted to include some great pics of their car that were taken in the past? There may be situations where pics from a past meet or show (where great time was taken in cleaning/detailing) would be advantageous to have in the thread.
the changes to the corner store rules apply to ALL of the corner store forums.

that means you need to include the screen name and PT in the pics, even if it's for a vehicle.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:16 AM   #36
mtsmb
PT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark101 View Post
the changes to the corner store rules apply to ALL of the corner store forums.

that means you need to include the screen name and PT in the pics, even if it's for a vehicle.
I understand that. I just think sellers could make more progress on getting their car sold had they the option at least to include some glory shots of the car.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.
mtsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #37
mattm
Donating Member

Stuff like this is the reason why I chose a couple of months ago to automatically donate 2 dollars a month to this site.

Damon never sits on his hands with requests and he is constantly making changes to make this site better, and so I think we as beneficiaries of this site owe to him to GIVE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see no reason why the majority of people who visit this site can't donate a seriously tiny amount like 1-2 dollars a month, and if we all did it that would make the difference!

I'll end the rant, but Damon I just found this new set of rules out and I wanted to post my appreciation!
mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!
mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #38
pgtfreak
Born a poor black child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Stuff like this is the reason why I chose a couple of months ago to automatically donate 2 dollars a month to this site.

Damon never sits on his hands with requests and he is constantly making changes to make this site better, and so I think we as beneficiaries of this site owe to him to GIVE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see no reason why the majority of people who visit this site can't donate a seriously tiny amount like 1-2 dollars a month, and if we all did it that would make the difference!

I'll end the rant, but Damon I just found this new set of rules out and I wanted to post my appreciation!
Old December 6th, 2010, 07:06 AM   #39
CrimSon_ReD
Chasing the Boogey Man!

This is great news Damon, hopefully people will NOT abuse the WTB section as it was once before. Let be known that the WTB section will be heavily monitored and anyone thinking they are going to do a junkyard business on the side WILL be reported. If you are found guilty of such your CS privileges will be requested to be banned and if you are banned from the CS you will no longer buy / sell in here.

The reason why the WTB were taken away in the beginning was because of selfish greedy people using PT to benefit their pockets and failing to pay for a vendor status. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, all it takes is one bad apple to destroy it for everyone and that is what happened in the past.

CrimSon_ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #40
dmark101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
thanks for the kind words matt.

i singled out this sentence, because in all honesty, if we had 40-50 people who did that, it would be a tremendous help.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #41
mac1
Probe has-been

DOne, now where my perks.

Not worthy enough to own a Probe anymore

Last edited by mac1; December 6th, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #42
MSDKLZE
Turbo Junkie

Hey dudes, thanks for improving the site!

Some of you got me thinking and so I donated a little bit of $ to help out. Cheers!

MSDKLZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #43
singularity88
PT Regular

Step in the right direction, however I can't say I fully agree w/ the screenname in the pic.... I've been taking pics the past few months of my stuff and boxing it up to ship so I can post it all at once and send it out as I sell them.... leaving for the Navy so the car stuff has to go! Not cool, I have to start over now... but I do see the merit in it.
OBP 06 WRX: Breathing Mods
Parts in the corner store for sale or trade...
singularity88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 07:17 PM   #44
JP97GTS

Is this site still active? My 97 GTS is happy here in KY, so am I
JP97GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2017, 10:44 PM   #45
ladyjazz17
PT Mom

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP97GTS View Post
Is this site still active? My 97 GTS is happy here in KY, so am I
Most definitely. Many of us did not take our own advice and keep our PGTs (including me ) but PT is family, so you know we'll always be here!
PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE
, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Last edited by ladyjazz17; June 17th, 2017 at 09:00 AM.
ladyjazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #46
KaedenKy
Electrical Engineer

I still own 3 probes. I daily one of them.

¬°Renewed Vigor!
KaedenKy is offline   Reply With Quote