Acidentally drove in diagnostics mode. Car doesnt seem well now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acidentally drove in diagnostics mode. Car doesnt seem well now

What did i mess up this time? I was just turning up the idle 100rpm and then it seems to have turned to a whole world of hurt, wants to hesitate even over and over quite often now.
    Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Are the symptoms just the hesitating?

Comment

Try removing the jumper for diagnostics, disconnect the battery and press the brake pedal for about 10 seconds to help drain out any residual power. Hook the battery back up then go from there. Hopefully the ecu will clear of anything that may have been adjusted by driving with that jumped.
      1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
      2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
      99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

Originally posted by DatVash View Post
        Are the symptoms just the hesitating?
        The idle is dropping randomly here and there for a second when this hesitation occur, and this was an ongoing issue, now much worse when i was close to fixing it/covering it up, but at first it was really hard to even get the car going cause it would do it over and over.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Originally posted by Level 9 View Post
        Try removing the jumper for diagnostics, disconnect the battery and press the brake pedal for about 10 seconds to help drain out any residual power. Hook the battery back up then go from there. Hopefully the ecu will clear of anything that may have been adjusted by driving with that jumped.
        yes , excellent, instead of this i just drove around the freeway for a bit. This is my second time doing this and it partly goes away by retraining the ECU, but was much worse this time.
        Should it be no worry? can it damage the vehicle any way? It sure acted like a POS this time. Last time it let me ride it hard and i had no idea it was still jumped till the next day when slight problems showed thru
        Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X