Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To re-build...or not to re-build...hmmmm

Hi,

Someone wants to sell me a 1994 GT in good condition for $700...only thing is that the Engine is blown. He was racing it quite a bit around 160mph.

Is is a good idea to get a low-mileage re-built engine ($1000), and put it in...or is it better to hold off and spend $3000-4000 to get one that hasn't been raced with?

it is fully loaded, manual and has the following:

Dynamat Exhaust Package
    HKS Air Intake
    Python Security System
    Boston Aqustics
    Sunrooof
    EBX Racing Pedals...

Thanks!

Mike
    "Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you'll die today." - James Dean

First off, the car won't do 160mph.
    If the seller has been telling you this, don't walk away, RUN!
    I wouldn't trust him.
    KevinD
    1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

I don't buy the 160mph either, he would not have run that top speed on a stock KLDE motor.
      As far as options, rebuild with labor will not be cheap, a stock used KLDE is becoming difficult to find. Best bet to replace a blown motor is the J-spec KLZE motor.
      And offer him $500. With another $1500-2000 you can have a decent ride, considering he did not dog the snot out of the car.

Comment

Working...
      X