Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am happy we finnally have more than just k sports. Not that i dont like them....but damn tein is good shit
    1994 pse- sold
    1990 S5 RX-7 TII- destroys the autox/drift scene
    1987 S4 RX-7 TII-wishing i could keep the tires planted
    1988 mazda 323 GTX- Very much rally
    2003 MSP-daily monster

Comment

Originally posted by ProbinNewbie
      I am happy we finnally have more than just k sports. Not that i dont like them....but damn tein is good shit
      More then just K-Sports?

Lets see we have;

LEDA's, KW's, D2's, K-Sports, and now TEIN

TEIN being the better of the 5

Comment

Originally posted by QT96GT
        3 of my friends have TEIN supsensions, very nice...AND im in the market for new springs

1.2in. drop seems very little though...
        with the SS setup, the drop will be more than 1.2". easily.

rob, the k-sports i've seen being offered are the protege kits, IIRC and i don't think leda makes anything for us any longer.

guys, it's nice to see all of the positive responses, but i will reserve judgment on how many people are serious about purchasing any of the tein setups until they're ready for sale.
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac]
          Even better, then a test drive or ride could be happening!
          Considering you'll be making a especially long trip down here for a car show, I think I can find it in my heart to allow some test driving. Say, maybe down PCH for a little cruise.

But, of coarse you'll also have to provide some feedback to the rest of the Probe community. I'm sure a review from you will be worth its' weight in gold to those out there that will just have to wait.

Michael
          Last edited by "The Brain"; September 14, 2005, 01:22 AM.
          My car is no longer STOCK, and people are STILL laughing at me!

'94 Mazda PGT Black ('95 Zero-Mile KLDE Engine from Japan with some of my '93 Steel Blue Frost in there too. )

Comment

Originally posted by mac1
            your very welcome! it only put one of my probes out of commision for a month but it was well worth it.
            I can not emphasize how much thanks goes to this person. He was already one car down and he donated a working strut assembly off of his only other working car so that this product could be developed. Hands down he is the hardest working member of SCPOC and one of the youngest.

Noone does more for his fellow Prober. Mikey, I speak for all of us when I say:

He has been treated well by me. For he was the second person, after myself, to drive the car. And for an extended period of time I might add.

His thoughts on the ride, along with others, will be appearing in another post in the appropriate forum very soon.

Michael

'94 Mazda PGT Black ('95 Zero-Mile KLDE Engine from Japan with some of my '93 Steel Blue Frost in there too. )

Comment

Originally posted by 94PGT
              holy spring rate batman! avoid bumps at all costs!
              Having be with car for the last dozen or so days, putting a good 700 miles on the car (mostly city street driving), I can say that you do not have to "avoid bumps at all cost".

And those miles have all been with damper setting 10 on all four corners. This is how TEIN delivered the car to me. As a matter of fact, I will be changing the settings starting tomorrow in an attempt to gather as much data on the handling of the car as possible.

But, again I will be generating a new post in a more appropriate forum for this kind of commentary.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain
                Having be with car for the last dozen or so days, putting a good 700 miles on the car (mostly city street driving), I can say that you do not have to "avoid bumps at all cost".

And those miles have all been with damper setting 10 on all four corners. This is how TEIN delivered the car to me. As a matter of fact, I will be changing the settings starting tomorrow in an attempt to gather as much data on the handling of the car as possible.

But, again I will be generating a new post in a more appropriate forum for this kind of commentary.

Michael
                Make sure you put a link to that thread in here Pizzi you got to let me drive your car soon BTW, did you get the EDFC too?
                Last edited by Robot#666; September 14, 2005, 01:58 AM.

Comment

What I was thinking of doing for this TEIN unleashed. Is mounting a camera inside the cockpit and test driving the car though the very twisty mountains of Angeles crest. There is a mountain that has a very exclusive road, which would be perfect for testing.
                  Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                  MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                  Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

subscribed great job PT! Looking forward to the release...
                    ALLNINES: Because Tens Don't Exist! MS2-Xxx
                    you're gonna miss me when i'm gone...

Comment

Note 1 - Additional Main Coils are available to purchase separately with a choice of Spring Rates for BOTH the BASIC & S.S. DAMPER kits. These DAMPERS are designed to accommodate the use of Spring Rates that differ up to +/-2kgf/mm (110 lbs/in), from the specifications of each Kit, for BOTH the Front and Rear without the necessity for revalving.
                      does that mean if i want lower spring rates, i still have to buy the kit and then additional springs? i think Tein would make more sales (myself included) if they allow me to specify the rates i want.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                        does that mean if i want lower spring rates, i still have to buy the kit and then additional springs? i think Tein would make more sales (myself included) if they allow me to specify the rates i want.
                        The answer to your question may be found in the words: Additional, and purchase seperately.

Or simply, yes. Your kit will come with spring rates of F:9kgf/mm and R:6kgf/mm. If you want other rates then you will have to buy them.

Keep in mind that although you can install different springs the Damper is only designed to handle ours effectively with rates of F: 7-11kgf/mm and R:4-8kgf/mm without the need to be revalved.

Michael
                        Last edited by "The Brain"; September 21, 2005, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Oh geez I can't wait. Something worth saving for.

Probes aren't the only cars that use suspension thats worth more than itself. My boyfriends early 90's 240, which I think it worth around the same as the Probe, has a full Tein setup.
                          Katrena
                          Sold 97 Rio Red PGT Stock
                          RIP 94 Electric Red PGT Borla • TW Motorsports
                          95 Seafoam Green PGT
                          I facebook.

Comment

This is awesome, i cant wait for these to come out! I am excited to hear we are getting some attention from another big time company, with nothing but good stuff!
                            John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                            '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                            '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                            '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Subscribed. Sounds like a great idea. Glad to see another quality option is coming out. I have a 6 currently, I'm sure that this will swap, I'm just curious however on how the spring rate would be affected as the cars are different in weight. (hopefully not much difference). 2 months and counting. Definitely excited!
                              My ride: http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129743

Comment

Guys,

Do you know any approximate price for these? I dont want a definite answer, just a variable range, lets say from $1k to 4k or soo?

Thanks, Riggs
                                Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                                1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                                1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                                1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Working...
                                X