• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M 2K5 St Louis,Missouri ~June 16th-19th

St Louis, Missouri June 16th-19th, 2005

Itinerary

June 16th (Thursday)

9 PM
    Welcome to all the early arrivals. For the early folk, we will be meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings at 5th Street and I 70 in St Charles. Breaking off for accomodation arrangementsfor the early out of towners

June 17th (Friday)

11 AM
    We start with STL Junkyards 101. We have a large selection of cheap salvage yards in which to find plenty of parts. If you work on your own car (most of us do) this is a worthwhile trip. Will consist of at least 2-3 St Louis yards (note, these yards charge $1 entry to each person since they already know that things do get pocketed, just don’t get caught)
    Lunch-Dinner, right after the yards around 3PM, we will grab something fast.

5 PM
    Gateway International Raceway will be holding an event that night that which happens about 3 to 4 times a year. Midnight Madness is street legal grudge racing on the 1/4 mile strip, open to any car that rolls in the gate and can pass the minimum requirements (info can be found at http://www.gatewayraceway.com/ ). $10 per person to drive in and watch, $20 to run with unlimited runs. 1/4 mile racing goes from 8PM to 3AM, and its great to run at night without the sun beating down on you. We will be arriving with as many people that want to run at around 530PM, as Gateway has a 275 car limit, aka, first 275 cars that want to run the 1/4, after that 275 limit is reached, its spectator only. If you just want to peruse the cars and watch, arrive as you wish.

Now, we always have a car break after Gateway, but we will find the time Saturday night to fix it (them)

June 18th (Saturday)

11 AM
    The main part of the meet will be taking place here at Sylvan Springs Park located in South County St Louis. The parking lot is large enough to hold at least 500 cars (yes, we wont need that many, but its nice to have) and we will have 1 or 2 picnic areas reserved. The park is open till about 7PM. Food will be provided, if you wish to contribute to the beverage or eats by bringing your own drink or food, we will not object, all is welcome. Plus its very close to a nice stretch of Interstate to “test” the cars out.
    7 PM
    Dinner at a restaurant TBD (will be 2 choices of dining establishment, since everyone never wants to hit the same place)
    830-9 PM
    Introduction to the St Louis cruise spots(Lindbergh and/or Hwy 94) and a few night photos.
    After cruising, or if cruising is not your thing, the night will be yours.
    (Also, if there is a vehicle disabled, get with us to find a member that has a garage to use, we can do our best to accomodate a broken car)
    DRINKING after cruising!

June 19th (Sunday)

1130-12 PM
    Wouldn’t be tradition unless we met at Cici’s for lunch (either the one on Manchester Rd or Lemay Ferry, just depends on which one everyone leans towards)
    1 PM
    Thinking about letting everyone terrorize the St Louis Science Center or the St Louis Zoo this year (yes, they are both free, we love free here in St Louis). Also might hit the AB Brewery, but that is if there is a dedicated want to visit this St Louis Landmark. We have gone the last 2 years, and was going to change it up a bit with the Science Center or the Zoo. Give me your thoughts on this one, figured the Science Center would suffice for a good variety for our out of town friends, and we get to play with stuff.
    Photos in Forest Park for a few minutes right after.

For those not leaving yet, the Art Museum in Forest Park has a very nice collection on hand (yes, free as well).

6PM
    For the dedicated souls, we wind up at a members house playing fix the car or Playstation 2. How game are you.
    Last edited by kikkinasphalt; April 28, 2005, 05:21 PM.
    In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
    99 Arrest Me Red MGT

What He Said

And the night of June 18th, weve added The East Side Clubs to the list (for some of the 21 and over that want to partake)
    Last edited by STLAUTO; May 7, 2005, 09:53 PM.
    (93 PGT 243K)(2007 MAZDASPEED 6 47K)(2004 MAZDA 6S 107K)(04 MPV 155K)(04 MPV 156K)(07 M45 66K)(12 NV2500 5.6 6K)
    You feel flattered someone wants to be like you.
    You feel pissed off they are trying to copy you.
    You feel grateful when you realize just how dumb they trully are

Comment

As of right now, Ill be there, unless something comes up. I dont know if anyone from Champaign or any of the indy guys are going, if not i guess its a long drive by myself. Its to bad I still one live in springfield or it would be a short trip.

Comment

There will be Indy
        Oh yes, there will be Indy

Which reminds me, I need to find out who is going to BAMM so I dont have to drive by myself.
        (93 PGT 243K)(2007 MAZDASPEED 6 47K)(2004 MAZDA 6S 107K)(04 MPV 155K)(04 MPV 156K)(07 M45 66K)(12 NV2500 5.6 6K)

Comment

assuming i
          A. got a car that i trust to get me there and back
          B. can get off work
          C. have enough money to pay for gas, food(i eat ALOT) etc

then i should be there. i think ill see if i "can" get that friday saturday and maybe monday off tomorrow. then itll depend on wether or not i have a car or not by then. which depends on me selling some stuff etc etc. so i guess ill see how it all plays out.
          W-I-M-P you cant spell wimp without the MP!

13B~Artillery is the life for me

Comment

Originally posted by linkinpark2342
            assuming i
            A. got a car that i trust to get me there and back
            B. can get off work
            C. have enough money to pay for gas, food(i eat ALOT) etc

then i should be there. i think ill see if i "can" get that friday saturday and maybe monday off tomorrow. then itll depend on wether or not i have a car or not by then. which depends on me selling some stuff etc etc. so i guess ill see how it all plays out.
            I'm planning on having money for you by then... and if you come, you have a place to stay

I'm there, and can possibly bring a car or two to my place to fix... might be able to swing more people as long as no alcohol is consumed by minors... pool and hottub will obviously be open by then...
            Last edited by Chthonian; April 27, 2005, 10:21 PM.
            Chris Beittenmiller (just call me Bitey)

Member: MOPOC, AZPOC, ChrisPOC, BrokenPOC, RedPOC, TuPOC, etcPOC
            1997 Rio Red GTS -- Tranny blew up... dead... RIP
            Current cars: 2000 Civic EX... 2004 Chrysler Pacifica...

Comment

Well, I was looking into this meet to be honest since there won't be a MAS event this year. But, you all haaaaadd to schedule it the same weekend as MSD...

Sooo, have a good weekend!!!

Shall we have a friendly regional "Who can get more cars to their meet" competition?

2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
                Well, I was looking into this meet to be honest since there won't be a MAS event this year. But, you all haaaaadd to schedule it the same weekend as MSD...

Sooo, have a good weekend!!!

Shall we have a friendly regional "Who can get more cars to their meet" competition?

lol you bet!

theres only sooo many weekends in the summer tho LOL
                99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

ok, ill be there, but i might advise, if we cruise lindbergh that will be all that happens, b/c my last two trips down there i have gotten pulled over b/c i was going under the speed limit, no tickets but still..might wanna hit up 94 instead...
                  John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                  '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                  '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                  '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

woot! Sounds great this year. Maybe I can be around for a bit more of it this time around.

No hall street?

Comment

Originally posted by kikkinasphalt(MX6)
                      5 PM
                      Gateway International Raceway will be holding an event that night that which happens about 3 to 4 times a year. Midnight Madness is street legal grudge racing on the 1/4 mile strip, open to any car that rolls in the gate and can pass the minimum requirements (info can be found at http://www.gatewayraceway.com/ ). $10 per person to drive in and watch, $15 to run with unlimited runs. 1/4 mile racing goes from 8PM to 3AM, and its great to run at night without the sun beating down on you. We will be arriving with as many people that want to run at around 530PM, as Gateway has a 275 car limit, aka, first 275 cars that want to run the 1/4, after that 275 limit is reached, its spectator only. If you just want to peruse the cars and watch, arrive as you wish.

$20 to race for Midnight Madness instead of the usual $15 on Tuesdays.
                      they send you off to college, try to gain a little knowledge,
                      But all you want to do is learn how to score

Comment

Originally posted by Mavric03
                        $20 to race for Midnight Madness instead of the usual $15 on Tuesdays.

fixed
                        99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

hey, just curious if the "no underage drinking" will be enforced. not a real big deal to me but id like to plan accordingly

Comment

At the park on Saturday (note, this is at the park because the Park Ranger will prob roll up on us, at least they have the last 2 years), there is absolutely no underage drinking so we dont get kicked out. Aside from that, whenever and wherever we wind up, thats up to the host of the location and you

Comment

sounds good to me

Comment

Working...
                              X