No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree on adjacent values needing to be close this was the major reason my car didn't idle smooth before. Sim 2 fire seems to be working great for me, because you have such large injectors sim might not be the best way to go. Glad you got it worked out!
    Last edited by stoker100; January 10, 2014, 08:41 PM.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Was getting very light pinging on 95octane
      Now with half tank filled with 35% 95octane and 65% 98octane with no pinging at all.
      Even with +2 advance for low load and + 1 for high boost.
      85% of it is AUTO tuned by VE ANALYZE LIVE with EGO correction off
      This is my final beta map tuned for 14psi with good idling and cruise all the way to 130kpa is ok.

Sub 1400rpm 90-100kpa area tuned excessively rich by VE ANALYZE LIVE for some reason.
      need to adjust it manually later.

Anything over 130kpa runs excessively rich 11.3:1 to well below 10:1 AFR @ 200kpa
      Even though it has 50% max authority and max change of 50 it isn't auto tuning much at all.

When AEM wideband gauge reads 16.xx:1 AFR in TunerStudio it will read 19.xx:1 AFR

When AEM gauge shows AFR 11.xx:1 to 15.xx:1 TunerStudio will read leaner by about 0.6:1
      12v+ from cig lighter(power by key on)
      Grounded to MS PNP sensor ground screw terminal(tried chasis grounding too with no success)
      Seems like a EGO AFR display bug in TunerStudio otherwise auto tune wouldn't be able to reach my AFR targets so well.
      Anyone else have this problem?
      Its giving me hell since the day I installed MS >.<! really need to sort this out.
      Last edited by sleepinglh; April 22, 2011, 01:39 AM.
      E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

Check the voltage on the AEM's analog out and make sure it matches the official specs for what it should be. Sometimes they're off by a half point or more.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Thanks but no luck... measured 2.34v@ 14.7:1 with O2 unplugged.
          With O2 outside the exhaust cleaned then dipped in water which should lean it out to the max maybe 20:1? returned 4.23v on the multimeter.
          AEM afr gauge read 15:1 = 16.xx:1
          15.5 or more = 19.xx+ on laptop and the AFR gauge glows red non stop.
          I've tried a lot of different voltage points but to me this seems like a TunerStudio display bug or something.
          E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
            Thanks but no luck... measured 2.34v@ 14.7:1 with O2 unplugged.
            With O2 outside the exhaust cleaned then dipped in water which should lean it out to the max maybe 20:1? returned 4.23v on the multimeter.
            AEM afr gauge read 15:1 = 16.xx:1
            15.5 or more = 19.xx+ on laptop and the AFR gauge glows red non stop.
            I've tried a lot of different voltage points but to me this seems like a TunerStudio display bug or something.
            According to AEM's instructions, 20:1 AFR on the gauge is 5 volts, and 4.23 volts is more like 18.5:1. So if the gauge is sending the voltage it should be sending at 18.5:1 when the gauge is showing 20:1, its analog output is pretty far off. You can plug in skewed values into TunerStudio (e.g. tell if the controller puts out 4.23 volts at 20:1).
            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
            My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Ye, I tried that too but doing that just throws off 14.xx readings too which is more important for me.
              forget it I'll just have to live with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
                Ye, I tried that too but doing that just throws off 14.xx readings too which is more important for me.
                forget it I'll just have to live with it lol.
                My AFR display in TS is all over the map too. Tech Edge linera, wired to rear 02 input on ms, all other 02,s are un plugged, EGO is off. powered and grounded throuh a ign switched source inside same dealio
                -Justin
                NEMESIS BUILT 2.7l KL, Precision T-66 Turbo, Eagle Rods, Ross Pistons 10:1 Ported G4 Solid Lifter Heads Colt Turbo Tri-Flow Race Cams, GM LS2 smart coils, MS3X RSX Leather... SOHC MY DOHC

Comment

for anyone who cares...here are my new spark and AFR tables. I managed to get 22mpg city driving mostly, with some boost pulls here and there. I think it's getting good mileage for its age, and considering it is getting pretty cold here so the warmup enrichment down low are not correctly tune for now so it's running pretty rich on startup:

That's on 91 octane fuel btw and the 13.8 in the low rpm/low load AFR is a typo..supposed to be 13.4 like the others around
                  Last edited by poissonn; October 27, 2011, 04:39 PM.
                  MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

thanks for sharing, reminds me a lot has changed on my tune i should repost my maps too.
                    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Progression of my tunes for the past 2 months

9.2c/r
                      mild port
                      550cc injectors
                      60mm turbo
                      Meth injection

Last edited by mac1; November 20, 2011, 02:23 PM.
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• which engine is that for?
                        whats the compression ratio?

on my stock internal ze 5krpm-7krpm anything more than *35 @ 65kpa -100kpa will ping AFR @ 13.xx-12.xx
                        4krpm+ 3psi anything more than *23 will ping AFR@11.xx
                        4krpm+ 5psi anything more than *21 will ping AFR @ 10.xx
                        3krpm 3psi anything over *26 will ping slightly AFR@ 11.xx

J&S safeguard seems to pickup nicely after tuning the sensitivity with timing fixed on *10, the mic output is useless as all I hear is the valvetrain ticking away.

Comment

• my bad..............updating. YOu notice one person who's not in this thread? Westpalm, what a
                          Last edited by mac1; November 20, 2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
                            which engine is that for?
                            whats the compression ratio?

on my stock internal ze 5krpm-7krpm anything more than *35 @ 65kpa -100kpa will ping AFR @ 13.xx-12.xx
                            4krpm+ 3psi anything more than *23 will ping AFR@11.xx
                            4krpm+ 5psi anything more than *21 will ping AFR @ 10.xx
                            3krpm 3psi anything over *26 will ping slightly AFR@ 11.xx

J&S safeguard seems to pickup nicely after tuning the sensitivity with timing fixed on *10, the mic output is useless as all I hear is the valvetrain ticking away.
                            I dont fully understand J&S yet, I have the sensitiviy all the way down cause it's all wrong. You 26* of timing with 7psi on my car would spin the tires in 3rd gear which is why it's dialed down.

Comment

• I fix timing to 10* in MS ignition settings and do some runs @ 7krpm.
                              max out the J&S sensitivity and dial it down until only 1LED lights up then set MS to use your usual spark map instead of fixed timing @ 10*
                              After that I just assume aggressive LED light up are detonation.

Logically its working since the only difference is the timing to make the LEDs light up like a xmas tree.
                              And one other thing that I observed is that the LED will light up a little more when fully warmed up+ hotter IAT.

cold start+ full boost doesn't light up.

lucky you >.< kind of miss my big turbo. with my little t3 t just pulls progressively with no boost hit.
                              Last edited by sleepinglh; November 20, 2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                                my bad..............updating. YOu notice one person who's not in this thread? Westpalm, what a
                                hehe ye but the thing is even if he were here this won't get anywhere.
                                I ask for advice and his old tune but told me Shaodome took care of everything.
                                But I was never able to get in touch with him PM or powersquirt EMAIL.

Comment

Working...
                                X