No announcement yet.

1994 Ford probe gt build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hid kit came in today! Now just to figure out where to mount and wire everything. Need to figure out where to wire my leds too.

More coming soon.
    Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Universal side skirts with the mounting hardware just showed up. Only 2 more pieces to complete my body kit.

Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I am enjoying your build thread! I cant wait to see the finish product. I am not a big fan of "Stance" but i don't hate it either. I feel its your car, build it how you like. So far you are off to a d*mn good start!
        93 PGT- street/track build KLZE, All Go no show! Cracked block repairs in progress.
        95 PGT- Daily Driver KLDE, body kit, 18in rims, cai, dual exhaust, plugs and wires.
        96 PGT- Turbo Project KLZE, will be both Show AND GO!
        1998 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Street/Strip project. if you wanna know whats under the hood come and find out!

Comment

Originally posted by illcool View Post
          I am enjoying your build thread! I cant wait to see the finish product. I am not a big fan of "Stance" but i don't hate it either. I feel its your car, build it how you like. So far you are off to a d*mn good start!
          I'm glad you are enjoying it. I've loved the stance look since I found out about it in 2010. I've always wanted a fully completed stanced car and this will be it.

I plan to finish this project in full!

More goodies on the way!

Comment

I'm interested to see how those skirts like up on the Probe with its more rounded skirting. I've always liked the looks of these on the Subaru/Lexus crowd and even debated a set for my Subaru but never thought about them on the PGT.

Looking forward to seeing this all be pulled together.
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
              I'm interested to see how those skirts like up on the Probe with its more rounded skirting. I've always liked the looks of these on the Subaru/Lexus crowd and even debated a set for my Subaru but never thought about them on the PGT.

Looking forward to seeing this all be pulled together.
              I have a great body guy that does all my body work and paint as I've never tried and probably suck at it so instead of ******ing it up myself I'll just let a pro do it lol. He will be fitting everything on the car for me as well as my roll and pull.

I have one more body piece to go and then I can send it off for paint and fitment. After that I'll be full on focused on the motor and Trans work.

Comment

So I'm looking up transmission rebuild kits for our tranny and I come across this http://www.americanpowertrainwarehou...8-09-bk210aws/

Isn't our transmission g25m-r? How does this fit our cars transmission? Does anybody else have a link to a good rebuild kit or is this kit legit enough?

Plan on rebuilding the transmission with a legit kit, Mfactory gearset for the protege and an Mfactory lsd.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

More goodies to show up at my door this week!

Extreme dimensions Universal sniper spoiler

Klg4 manifold, throttle body, ngk spark plugs and wires.

Everyday getting closer. Updated mods list.
                  Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

No real updates. I'll be ordering more parts come payday. Hopefully I can order that one big part I really need so I can get the car ready for paint and body work.

I'm still waiting on klze porche on his turbo build so I know what pistons to buy then I can order and start the tear down of the spare motor I have from the 96 gt I scrapped. I'm so excited for this car. I really want to create something amazing out of this.

Comment

• Hi stanced4lyfe...so what camber plates are u using? Im trying to find some too.
                      like you said, they are 250 EACH from ksport..so expensive.
                      Anyone have good options out there besides stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by 94BANSHEE View Post
                        Hi stanced4lyfe...so what camber plates are u using? Im trying to find some too.
                        like you said, they are 250 EACH from ksport..so expensive.
                        Anyone have good options out there besides stock?
                        I used Universal camber plates for the fronts. Had a friend who Is real good with custom work drill and bolt everything up.

For the rears Ima just use stocks because it's either ksport protege5 camber plates in the rear or a full coilover set from ceika in UK which is $1600 shipped but you get dampening, camber plates front and rear and full adjustment of the coilovers. I just didn't want to pay that much for a set of coils.

Comment

• I got a text saying my front coils were done! He also told me he thinks he can get the rears too wor so hopefully that turns out well but I'm happy to have my coils back.

Picking them up Saturday and will take pictures.

I really want to buy the rear diffuser but bills are telling me not this pay lol oh well maybe next pay.

Comment

• So I got my coilovers back front and rear. All assembled ready to go. I'll start test fitting when I find some time. Had a very close family member pass away so I've been with family all weekend and will be pretty much all week.

Next on the list of things to buy is

-Rear diffuser
                            -H&R camber bolts
                            -King6 or megan racing adjustable trailing arms

Comment

• I have more goodies on the way!! Getting excited because I've finally bought that one major part I really wanted.

Will update when they get here.

Comment

• Ok so a few change of plans after looking around some more.

This is the rear diffuser I bought and plan on custom fitting.

Also decided to sell the s2k lip and go with this instead.

Next pay should be buying the lip but for now it's getting the wheels fitted correctly and putting all my other parts on.

Need to fix the timing belt and get the stuck spark plug boots out so I can get her running again and moving around.
                                Last edited by Stanced4lyfe; July 26, 2017, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X