Possibly getting the hotshot CAI soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly getting the hotshot CAI soon

I talked to my dad for a long time last night about stuff and told him about it and was like I need to change my air filter, and when I do it i want to change the set up, he seemed ok with it, I also hinted towards headers he didn't objecto to that either...but after my cai i'll chill out cause I want a new drum set and that will cost some $$$
    2006 Mustang GT Premium -FRP Headers - Bassani X Pipe - Borla Axle Back - 15% tint - Granatelli CAI - FRRP 4.10's - Pro 5.0 Shifter - Brenspeed tune - 6000k HIDs - Clear Corners
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th Aniv. Edition

Have you thought about the PRM intake? I've seen both the HotShot & the PRM. I bought the PRM b/c I liked the setup better. If you want to see the PRM installed, there is a picture on my car gallery:

http://www.donkdonk.com/95pgt

I'm sure the two have the same performance. The HS just worries me because it dangles the filter down by the road, but the PRM still gets air from down there, just keeps the filter safe by the engine.

Comment

hmm what's so bad about having the filter down low?
      2006 Mustang GT Premium -FRP Headers - Bassani X Pipe - Borla Axle Back - 15% tint - Granatelli CAI - FRRP 4.10's - Pro 5.0 Shifter - Brenspeed tune - 6000k HIDs - Clear Corners

Comment

Actually you lose 1-2hp with the PRM I used to have it. There really isnt any problem with the filter hanging on the bottom. People are just paranoid about sucking up water which you have to be pretty stupid in the first place to do. And also not paying attention. But if you want to go the prm way save yourself some money and just buy one of those rubber tubes made by ractive and use that. It hooks right onto your ractive filter and functions the same way as the PRM does only you have a heatshielded filter instead of a filter inclosed in rubber.
        91 300zxTT
        95 PGT - sold

Comment

yeah I thought about that but then I was like I'd rather have the hotshot

Comment

Alright mr. money bags. It would look kinda cool to have a colored tube like that but you are using white right? So I dont think they make a rubber white tube so maybe a chromed hot shot would look best. Oh and about the PRM I cant prove the 1-2hp loss but that is the talk on the board it has never been proven.
            91 300zxTT
            95 PGT - sold

Comment

Huh. It's always funny to see how attached people are to the products they choose to mod their cars with. I like the PRM. I've got a hard time believing that there is a hp loss. It's the same concept- just a higher filter vs. a lower filter. I like the build quality of the PRM & the colored silicone tube w/ chrome downpipe. I have heard that the filter will easily damage on cars with the Eibach springs & the filter will need cleaned more often due to it's lack of a protective housing. For these reasons, I chose the PRM and stand by it- BUT, the Hotshot is fine too & the cost is pretty close so in the end it's just preference.

Comment

I'm goin blue under the hood now, so it will be chorme and blue

Comment

I saw this post and was hoping that the Hotshot water thing had been settled. I have the Hotshot CAI and it's great. Looks cool works great and have never had a problem in three years. My car is lowered ..I have never hit the filter. Never had a problem with water either. But I don't try to run across large puddles or [censored] like that. You have to use your head when you are using mods.

Jake
                  Old Prober!!! Woot

Comment

Jake_94PGT wrote:
                    But I don't try to run across large puddles or [censored] like that.
                    ....yeah, that's what my Jeep is for anyway! :grin:
                    redeemed
                    IndyProbes founder

Comment

I just wanted to clarify that it wasnt a 1-2hp loss it was that the hotshot gave about 1-2hp more than the PRM. But yea it basically comes down to preference. Like I said I have owned both.
                      91 300zxTT
                      95 PGT - sold

Comment

I dunno about PRM or HS, but the AudioXTC CAI custom for ATXs works great.
                        mutatis mutandis

Comment

well I ordered it today, i don't think it's supposed to be in till friday though

Comment

So how did it turn out
                            "With A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, With a supercharger, air goes in,witchcraft happens and you go faster"
                            -Jeremy Clarkson

D'Jasper Probincrux III - South Carolina State University

Comment

it worked out didn't notice much of a difference

Comment

Working...
                              X