Stock Axle Back, stock cat, stock suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Axle Back, stock cat, stock suspension

Hey guys I'm nearing the end of my probing career and need to kick the stock swap into high gear. Considering we have a meet coming up I was wondering if you guys happen to have any of these parts lying around. I'm willing to trade some parts or provide some money. I really need to get the car back to stock seeing as how I've got smog coming up and I'll need the money for the new car. Let me know if anything comes up.

Things I have to trade:

-Catco High Flow cat for your stock cat
    -DZ coilover on GR-2 strut suspension
    -My crappy axle back (donation)
    -I also have my nitrous stuff leftover but I think that'll end up on craigslist instead

Thanks,

Mike
    2000 Mustang GT
    Built, Cammed, Blown 284

i have front and rear struts and springs, in good condition if thats all u need
    probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
    1993 nighthawk 750
    http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

Hey Jarrod I think I still have all the little things in a box somewhere. What would you like for the stock suspension?
      2000 Mustang GT
      Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

FYI, the cat is for a 93.
        Last edited by mike93bulit; July 28, 2006, 03:59 PM.
        2000 Mustang GT
        Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

depending the condition of them, the struts
          probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
          1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

well the struts have been modifed for the coilovers so they have no perches. The last time I checked the struts were still in good condition. I ofcourse will have to swap to stockers and then give you the struts. Is the stock suspension all together or is it taken apart?
            2000 Mustang GT
            Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

damn i forgot the perches were cut. as for suspension, its all together ready to be bolted up. what else you got that you want to trade.
              1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

all I really have is the high flow cat and my nitrous stuff which will go on craigslist next week. All my probe stuff is basically gone.

I'd really like to get the suspension on sunday if possible. If theres nothing to trade how much do you want in terms of dinero?
                Last edited by mike93bulit; July 29, 2006, 12:25 AM.
                2000 Mustang GT
                Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

would you be willing to trade your suspension for my suspension straight up?
                  oh whats the spring rate on the DZ's (500ft/in)
                  1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

Jarrod, you are trading the stock stuff for the Dropzone stuff correct? You're not getting rid of your K-sports are you?? I'd have to hurt you if you made that trade!
                    2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
                      Jarrod, you are trading the stock stuff for the Dropzone stuff correct? You're not getting rid of your K-sports are you?? I'd have to hurt you if you made that trade!
                      hell no im not getting rid of the k-sports. but my friend chris could sure benefit from a decent suspension. after riding in my car for soo long, his feels like a caddy
                      1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

Even trade would work just fine. I just wanna get to stock as fast as possible. Can you bring the suspension tomorrow? I think spring rate is 350F and 450R. If you want I can ship the suspension out to you once I get it swapped and we can possibly split the shipping cost?

So does anyone have a spare axle back? Dan?
                        Last edited by mike93bulit; July 29, 2006, 04:14 PM.
                        2000 Mustang GT
                        Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

yea i can bring them with me tomorrow
                          1993 nighthawk 750

Comment

A decent suspension??? Dropzones and GR2s are barely decent at best.. I had the GR2s on the black car... They're OK for stock replacements.... And as for coilovers, rough ride... Definitely better than stock, but when Chris gets around to it, tell him to get some Eibach's and Tokico Blues.. Or Illuminas... Or K-sports... Or Tein's...
                            2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Well let's see - Chris hangs out with Jarrod, and he wants a stiffer Probe. I am not surprised in the least.

Which reminds me - I think Jarrod is a lot like Paris Hilton - blonde, pretty, and a lot smarter than he looks. Oh, and very very skanky.

Anyway, on topic - the GR2s were not designed to work in the narrow travel range that slammed coilovers offer, so the fact that they rode crappy is no surprise. They are designed to be OEM replacement struts at the OEM ride height. Even Illuminas ride like ass when they get too slammed.
                              90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                              93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                              97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                              90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Working...
                              X