FEELER: 13" front big brake kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEELER: 13" front big brake kit

Copy this line and place it in your Feeler. --Approved by Stacey B.

i have done this for my 323, and think that there's a possibility to adapt the kit to the probe/mx6. it's a 13" 1 piece rotor, so might need 17s. i won't know for sure if stock 16s will fit until i get the R&D done. and i won't start R&D until i get a good response for you guys.

kit will include:

- 13" 1-pc rotors (slotted/drilled optional)
    - relocation brackets
    - necessary hardware
    - instructions
    *use stock lines, pads and calipers, no bleeding required, direct bolt-on

price will range b/t $320-350 (depending on # of kits made), again, i won't even start on R&D until i get good amount of interest for me to invest $ into it. so if u are interested, post here - looking to get a good 5-10 people showing SOLID INTEREST. if you are not even 80% sure you would buy it, please don't respond.

here's a picture of what the setup looks like on my 323:

behind 17s, but they currently clear my 16s with slight grinding of the caliper

the hardware

thanks for looking, Ray
    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Just to ask some questions that may be brought up: How thick are these rotors and I assume any caliper that fits like stock(Probe/Mazda 6/etc.) will work on these hypothetical kits?
    Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
    Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
    Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

rotors are slightly thinner than the stock ones, but barely. as far as calipers....i dont know for sure, but hypothetically speaking, if it can work with STOCK PROBE ROTORS, it should work. IIRC the 6 has a larger rotor, so in that case, the brackets that are made for the STOCK PROBE rotor dia. would NOT be correct for the 6's to accept the 13" rotors - b/c of the difference in the "offset" distance from the mounting points to the outer edge of the rotor. now if someone wants to donate a set of those calipers to me for R&D if/when the setup is a go, then i'm more than willing to do that.

Comment

Wait, these may clear my FD's?

This is relevant to my interests
        Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
        PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
        1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
        1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport View Post
          Wait, these may clear my FD's?

This is relevant to my interests

MAY...i wont rule it out. like i said, i have some 16s on my 323 now and the setup clears - but required a bit of grinding off the calipers. wont know until i do it.

Comment

i got swirls.....interested...
            PhotoPOC(tm)
            MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
            93' PGT not stock
            91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

where are you located?

Comment

If you were to do this...

Would we be able to choose between that and slotted or drilled or both?
                -Hayden
                Slammed GTS
                Clutched M62 - Walbro 255hp - 550cc Injectors - Methanol Injection - Megasquirt - Gutted DE IM - Aasco Lightweight Flywheel - CM Stage 3 Clutch - OBX Headers - Highflow Cat - 2.25" Catback - Traction Bars - Poly Engine Mounts - Ksport Coilovers
                Supercharged From Down Under!

Comment

while you at it why not upgrade to Millenia s/MPV dual piston caliper, having no brake fade is good, but having more grip is even better. I run 12" rotors and MVP calipers and breaks are amazing with ABS, I never experienced brake fade even during 1.2 mile AutoXing.

BTW MVP brake pads about twice the size of probes.
                  93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
                  Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
                  1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

how easy are they to fit

Comment

So you are going to drill even more holes in the rotor? The probe has 5 lug hubs compared to 4 lug hubs of the 323 and mx-3.

Jeremy
                      1971 Camaro SS 396, 409ci of built BBC power 425 hp / 475 tq, #'s matching resto mod project
                      00 Yamaha YZF-R6, http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/DSC01181.jpg SOLD
                      93 Probe GT, T304E, + more, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3051493 SOLD
                      93 MX-3 GS, KLZE, T304E, + more, 221.6 whp 219.0 wtq, 13.4 @ 108 untuned @ 5 psi SOLD

Comment

good question that rotor looks like it has 6 bolt in its original form.
                        2003Subaru WRX E85stock td04,tgv deletes, full catless, custom 2in crosspipe, 3in TBE, walbro 255,850 modded injectors,grimmspeed crank pulleyTUNED by me on opensource 12.8 @105mph 1.7 60ft

Comment

this project is on hold. i have too much stuff to take care of right now, and really not much interest have been shown. i do plan to do this for myself down the road, probably in a few months, maybe at that point i'll see if i want to "mass produce" it. thanks

Comment

those rotors look unsafe as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Downey1 View Post
                              those rotors look unsafe as hell
                              Remember that rim acts like a giant washer, as long as the rotors are centered you should be fine.
                              93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
                              Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
                              1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Working...
                              X