FEELER: Custom Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber Lip Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEELER: Custom Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber Lip Kits

I have received several PM's in the last few months about my modded sunfire lipskirt sides, and my Mazda 3 rear aero flares..

I have recently been modifying a MOPAR neon front lip to fit the probe and once it does i will be making molds of the FRONT, the LIPSIDES, and the REAR AERO FLARES.

This Feeler is basically to gauge interest to see if anyone here on PT would be interested in purchasing a set or pieces of a fiberglass or carbon fiber lip kit!

Making a NICE mold of a part is a very time consuming, meticulous, and semi expensive deal. I am willing to share some of the styling pieces that i have modified to fit to make my PGT unique from other kitted probes since there arent enough options.

This is the front lip i will be potentially offering.

If you have been following the build thread in the Pic and video forum you might have seen it.

Very tight fitment, lip will utilize two sided tape on the top of the lip backside where it touches the bumper, and bolts on the sides. I am considering making some sort of I-beams to go underneath the lip to connect it to the stock PGt bumper for even more stability.

These are the sideskirts i will potentially be offering.

((((( THESE ARE NOT FULL SIDESKIRT REPLACEMENTS )))))

These lipskirts will bolt onto the lower half of the factory sideskirt. Two sided tape will be used on the back where it touches the skirt to keep it sitting flush.

Some on the car pictures.

And these are the custom rear aero flares that i will potentially be offering.

There are two potential ways we could mount them...

1. Bolt two screws where the mudflap would bolt, and one on the back corner that would be visible.

OR

2. I will fiberglass studs on the INSIDE of the flare, and you will have to drill holes in your bumper ( will be hidden by flare ) and use nuts on the inside to hold it on and see NO VISIBLE BOLTS from the outside.

Now lets talk pricing. Havent decided on set prices yet, these numbers could change.

Fiberglass Kit.

- Front lip - anywhere from $150-$200 each
    - Sides - anywhere from $150-$200 for a set of 2
    - Rears - anywhere from $100-$150 for a set of 2

- Full kit - anywhere from $400-$550

Carbon Fiber Kit.

- Front lip - anywhere from $250-325 each
    - Sides - anywhere from $300-400 for a set of 2
    - Rears - anywhere from $200-250 for a set of 2
    - Full kit- anywhere from $700-$850

I am thinking about ppremaking 5 full fiberglass kits and one full carbon fiber kit before putting anything for sale.. that way there is zero downtime waiting for pieces. This number could change depending on the interest in this thread

Post in here if you are interested or have ANY questions to ask!

--Approved by Stacey B.
    Last edited by Orangecrushpgt; July 6, 2011, 04:28 AM.

I'm in for a fiberglass lip depending on when they are done

Comment

Well if the interest is good here in this feeler then I'll probably start on them asap

Comment

Aw damn. All the good stuff comes out when I run out of money

If I could afford it, I would be all over the cf kit!
        DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
        94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Id be interested in the cf and fiberglass kit. I like the way it looks on your car. How many layers of carbon fiber will it have?
          Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

I'm thinking 2 layers of cf with the epoxy resin will be plenty strong.

Prices aren't set in stone yet

Comment

be in for the rear possibly
              MDNGHT: Quad Projector+Kit+Cobra BBK+Almost every suspension part you can think of for the front and rear + full poly bushings everywhere

The joy of owning a F.O.R.D. Fix or Repair Daily

Comment

some new pics on the progress!

did some test fitting after sides were smoothed over. still have some areas to address before the whole thing goes in primer then the mold is made.

Comment

interesed in carbon side skirts
                  1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
                  1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

Just the skirts? Have other carbon pieces?

Comment

i am interested in a fiber glass or carbon fiber front lip, but more carbon fiber just not sure about the price...kinda high, since i also have to buy an engine lol. but a carbon fiber lip would be sick!!!

Comment

Price isn't high considering the cost of carbon and epoxy resin plus the labor in actually making the thing

Comment

hahaha yea i bet the labor would be worth the money alone...anyway i definitely want 1, just dont know if the budget will alow for it right now

Comment

Well since there is fair interest i think i will go ahead and get these made.

i will probably make 5 full kits in fiberglass to start out, and then either ONE or TWO in carbon fiber. Costs too much to make a bunch of carbon parts and then not have them sold. After this initial run of 6 or 7 kits then i would see to run another bulk buy if there is more interest.
                            Last edited by Orangecrushpgt; June 23, 2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Id buy a front lip.

Comment

Working...
                              X