Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Acquired a Free 94 4X4 Blazer, Woot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Acquired a Free 94 4X4 Blazer, Woot!

Only problem is it has a rod knock developing (V6 Vortec ) So what our my options as far as swaps go? it has the 700R4 Transmission in it. Should i just go get another V6 or try to cram a 350 in it? or do i have other options???
    Last edited by Tommy; December 29, 2009, 10:22 PM.
    REDL|NE SOC|ETY

I spun a bearing in our 97 and we just got a short block from jasper. Came with like a 3k mile warranty and was reasonably priced.
    1995 MX-6 DE/ZE

1993 Probe SE

2006 Altima Limited Edition

Comment

well...if you have it caught before it develops badly.....pull the motor and do the bottom end at the machine shop.

If you want to buy new parts....order parts for a 350 and throw away 2 pistons worth of parts.
      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
        Only problem is it has a rod knock developing (V6 Vortec ) So what our my options as far as swaps go? it has the 700R4 Transmission in it. Should i just go get another V6 or try to cram a 350 in it? or do i have other options???
        What year blazer, im not trying to do any dealings but we have one here that last I checked ran great but the tranny was shot..
        Thank God Im done w/Honda's got a low mileage '85 mustang GT just like my high school car and my DD is a 87 subaru GL10 turbo w/119k..

Comment

its a 1994. your also in MO lol

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
          well...if you have it caught before it develops badly.....pull the motor and do the bottom end at the machine shop.

If you want to buy new parts....order parts for a 350 and throw away 2 pistons worth of parts.
          I think i'd rather swap can this 700R4 Hold up to a FI 350?
          Last edited by Tommy; December 29, 2009, 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

Doubtful they had issues holding up to the 4.3.
            1995 MX-6 DE/ZE

1993 Probe SE

2006 Altima Limited Edition

Comment

Is there different 700R4's because i got a 700R4 Trans in my camaro with a 350
              REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

the bellhousing is different
                Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedMan View Post
                  the bellhousing is different
                  ok sweet i didnt know that so there is a different 700R4 Transmissions V6/V8 Right?
                  REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

Not trying to be a dick in any way, shape, or form...but, that being said, here is what I think.

You need to stop thinking about modding every vehicle you possess. I mean honestly, in the end it will only leave you like a puppy chasing his tail, trying to nickel and dime fix the problems that each of these modded vehicles will have. You want to twin turbo your camaro, make your probe quick, then ALSO swap a v8 in this blazer? You better have tons of expendable cash, cause you're talking about AT LEAST $10k, spread across 3 vehicles, each which will have it's own lengthy amount of downtime.

So, I say stick with the V6, fix it, and either drive it, or sell it and make a profit... That's what I would do at least.

And I'm talking FROM EXPERIENCE. In 2008 I had these cars;

01 GTS celica, I/E/ Clutch/FW/ Suspension...broke the trans.
                    87 Mustang LX notch, Caged, 306 10:1 comp, H/C/ carbed, etc...broke CONSTANTLY.
                    97 GTS Turbo-still not running lol, long time ongoing project.
                    93 Civic LS turbo- Most reliable out of the bunch, ran great, then sheared 3rd gear, then 5th, then blew the motor early this year.
                    93 PGT- I/H/E/ Ze intake/ 50 shot. First time I sprayed it, the car dropped a valve onto a piston, and killed the motor.

Try owning ALL of those cars at the same time, paying insurance, tags, etc...just for ONE of them to run. It will piss you off in a hurry.

Now, if I would have just left the 93 stock, and/or the celica stock I would have been fine...but no, I had to mod everything.

Like I said just trying to be realistic, not be an ass in any way.

Comment

Well I only told you because I will be within a reasonable distance with a truck and trailer sometime soon anyhow.. The one we have up here is the same as yours, its white and the engine was just rebuilt prior to it being parked for the bad trans. Truck is Immaculate otherwise.
                      Thank God Im done w/Honda's got a low mileage '85 mustang GT just like my high school car and my DD is a 87 subaru GL10 turbo w/119k..

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dangle View Post
                        Not trying to be a dick in any way, shape, or form...but, that being said, here is what I think.

You need to stop thinking about modding every vehicle you possess. I mean honestly, in the end it will only leave you like a puppy chasing his tail, trying to nickel and dime fix the problems that each of these modded vehicles will have. You want to twin turbo your camaro, make your probe quick, then ALSO swap a v8 in this blazer? You better have tons of expendable cash, cause you're talking about AT LEAST $10k, spread across 3 vehicles, each which will have it's own lengthy amount of downtime.

So, I say stick with the V6, fix it, and either drive it, or sell it and make a profit... That's what I would do at least.

93 Civic LS turbo- Most reliable out of the bunch, ran great, then sheared 3rd gear, then 5th, then blew the motor early this year.
                        93 PGT- I/H/E/ Ze intake/ 50 shot. First time I sprayed it, the car dropped a valve onto a piston, and killed the motor.

Try owning ALL of those cars at the same time, paying insurance, tags, etc...just for ONE of them to run. It will piss you off in a hurry.

Now, if I would have just left the 93 stock, and/or the celica stock I would have been fine...but no, I had to mod everything.

I completely agree with him. I have enough probes and keeping two in good condition is expensive enough for me. And I only have one insured at a time and just swap them whenever I need the other.
                        On top of the bills that they require, modding gets expensive FAST. And when you mod. You risk breaking something else which racks up the bill. If you plan a budget for this kind of thing, it will be more clear how unrealistic your goals are.

You were saying before IIRC, you are unemployed? Maybe it wasnt you and correct me if Im wrong, but owning ONE car while being unemployed would be hard enough. But trying to mod three cars WHILE driving one in the meantime would be almost (if not) Impossible to do.

Your best thing to do IMO is drive the drivable vehicle to every place of employment around and get a job and put away 10% or whatever is left, in a bank account and dont get a bank card. And dont take ANY of that money out. And after One year, see how much you have in there. After the year, You probably wont even want to Twin Turbo the camaro or 350 the blazer anymore.
                        Last edited by craigandrews; December 30, 2009, 01:59 PM.
                        94323F2T

Comment

ok sweet i didnt know that so there is a different 700R4 Transmissions V6/V8 Right?
                          Yep so you would need a different 700R, or go with a turbo350
                          Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Originally posted by JSR95621 View Post
                            Well I only told you because I will be within a reasonable distance with a truck and trailer sometime soon anyhow.. The one we have up here is the same as yours, its white and the engine was just rebuilt prior to it being parked for the bad trans. Truck is Immaculate otherwise.
                            how much you want for the truck?

Yea your right but i thought putting V8's in these things was easy, but will probably stick with the V6. and LT I will have decent cash flow starting next month im not worring and im not spending 10,000 in parts between the probe and the camaro it will cost me initially 1,500 to go cheap turbo on the camaro. and the probe will never be turbo unless i hit the lotto because its like 4,000 dollars in parts and modding just to get it to work right im kool with that shit

Originally posted by craigandrews View Post
                            I completely agree with him. I have enough probes and keeping two in good condition is expensive enough for me. And I only have one insured at a time and just swap them whenever I need the other.
                            On top of the bills that they require, modding gets expensive FAST. And when you mod. You risk breaking something else which racks up the bill. If you plan a budget for this kind of thing, it will be more clear how unrealistic your goals are.

You were saying before IIRC, you are unemployed? Maybe it wasnt you and correct me if Im wrong, but owning ONE car while being unemployed would be hard enough. But trying to mod three cars WHILE driving one in the meantime would be almost (if not) Impossible to do.

Your best thing to do IMO is drive the drivable vehicle to every place of employment around and get a job and put away 10% or whatever is left, in a bank account and dont get a bank card. And dont take ANY of that money out. And after One year, see how much you have in there. After the year, You probably wont even want to Twin Turbo the camaro or 350 the blazer anymore.
                            I dont have insurance on any of my cars but my van i dont drive the other ones enough to care about insurance call me wrong i dont give a what.
                            plus i am Legally un employed, but between being a Full Time Student and working on cars on the side i do pretty good

Originally posted by BoostedMan View Post
                            Yep so you would need a different 700R, or go with a turbo350
                            im going to stick with the v6 i just kinda figured if i could get a 350 for the same price of a v6 it would of been kool
                            REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

That sounds like you modded incorrectly, drove incorrectly, or modded a poor condition vehicle. That's not the outcome of simply modifying. A stock 01 Celica breaking the trans? That's not from your 10hp in mods.

Comment

Working...
                              X