No announcement yet.

Any probes in the San Fernando valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any probes in the San Fernando valley?

I'm currently checking just about every used car classified section on the web and in print and so far all I'm able to find are automatic SEs and an occasional manual transmission GT.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?
    If you double park, you'll get your car keyed, if you park normally you'll have some kid throw open their door at 90 mph, so you've got two choices...scratched or scratched and dented.

If you cant make up your mind and have a fixed amount your willing to pay then there always the PT classifieds where you fly to were the car is and drive it back. This is only if you want a modded probe for the same price as a beatup stock probe that you will find in the paper classifieds.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

out of the nine months that ive owned my probe and actually started paying attention to other probes, i have probably seen 3 other probes max just on the street. and thats probes in general not even just gt's. they all looked pretty ****ed up too, which is pretty funny considering mine is in pretty good condition.

Comment

where the pics
        1989 GT, heavily modded....

Comment

my probe gt is the valley except its been off the street since april and is under construction
          1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

The average probe owned by the average person prolly wont survive in the valley , That's prolly the same reason they are a rare sight over here. I have a add on CL with KL parts galore, and i'm constantly getting e-mails requesting blocks,engines,trannys but nobody wants just one engine part THey're all dead.

There is one 2nd gen PGT around the corner that looks like crap and is daily driven, then there a Base 2 blocks down that has been on jack stands since I moved here and I occasionally see the owner sitting next to it scratching his head and reading the Haynes. It's a Base so I cant exactly walk up and Macgyver it like I would with a GT.
            Last edited by mac1; May 13, 2010, 12:20 PM.

Comment

maybe you should walk over to that base and macgruber it?
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

mac1 i have a question 4 you bro.. did you tune your ms yourself? thanks
                1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

I do everything myself. Except Smog, Exhaust welding, tire mounting/balancing, bodywork <-- but that's now changed.

My knowledge of computers is as good as the next, it was the assembly part that was fun.
                  Last edited by mac1; May 13, 2010, 07:18 PM.

Comment

not looking too bad. only thing that sucks is the license plate on the front bumper, without the bracket.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

why does it suck?

Comment

Originally posted by mifitso View Post
                        why does it suck?
                        it doesn't suck, it's VERY nice and clean, well kept - good job! mine is in the sfv, van nuys... just sits in a garage. hasn't moved in over a year... uh, mike you wanna stop by next time you in the valley?!?

- watch craigslist. probes and their problems pop up there for cheap, alot! and then they move to ebay...
                        Last edited by euphoriasonic; May 18, 2010, 06:20 PM.
                        95 Probe Gt Ze - "Blackmobile"
                        93 MR2 Turbo - Black, jdm 3sgte

Comment

Originally posted by mifitso View Post
                          why does it suck?
                          because you have the plate mounted without the bracket. doesn't look clean. it would look better with the actual bracket that went there.

or without the plate altogether.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

yeah true, but if i took off the plate, there would be two nasty holes there

Comment

Working...
                            X