No announcement yet.

MSD 2007, Coming Soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kart track should be available Father's Day weekend. IIRC, it has been every year.
    Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
    1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Well, that was my assumption, as well...
      Turns out that it was correct!
      The Kart Track should be available June 16, 2007 (we're still waiting to hear back from the SSCC guys; in the past, we've shared the track with them).
      As for the drag strip, I need to reconfirm my information, but we're looking at a weekend early in June or early in July. Naturally, we can't do both on the same weekend...
      So, Keep those votes coming!
      KevinD
      1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

I'll definately be there this year. I kicked myself in the nuts repeatedly (don't ask how) for missing last year, so I will NOT be missing this year. In fact, as long as it is on Father's Day weekend, I've already got the time off

I don't really care either way if we do auto-x or drag racing. The only problem I would have is with the drag racing. The MS3 wheel hops about as bad as the Probe did/does (sigh) so I would be launching delicately, making for teh uber suck times (yay low 15s). Whereas on the kark track, I would have no problem driving balls to the walls. I'm sure I would have equal fun, no matter what we do.

Personally, I've never understood the problem most people have with auto-x. I don't think it is any harder on the car than drag racing is. In fact, I've autoxed the Probe several times w/o any problems, but I've only dragged the Probe 3 times, and one of those times, it broke .
        Kevin B - Former Probe-owner
        06 Legacy GT
        98 Legacy GT

Comment

OH MY GOD! I just remembered, I need to stop at the LoveSac store again

AutoX will bring out more problems out of a poorly maintained vehicle or one that is in need of it - that's usually why it's a bit harder on the car. The *actual* problem with autoX is that it's so damn early after a late night of...well, you know. So by the time everyone is conscious and fed it's about noon, whereas usually track and tech open at 7 or 8am.
          Last edited by Dan [Sac]; March 15, 2007, 01:16 AM.
          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
          90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

OK, we've received confirmation from the SSCC: they're happy to have us join them at the Kart Track Father's Day weekend: June 16-17, 2007.
            So, which is it going to be?
            Unless there's overwhelming desire to drag race, we'll probably do the autocross (tradition, y'know).

And FYI: the Motel 6 is showing $67/night/room/2 persons; the Travelodge is showing $55/night/room/2 persons; the Days Inn is showing $54/night/room/2 persons.
            Might be time to consider terrori... umm, patronizing a different hotel.
            KevinD
            Last edited by KevinD; March 17, 2007, 12:16 AM.
            1995 Sapphire Blue Mustang GT Convertible, 2006 Storm Red Metallic Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Cabriolet, 2006 Dark Shadow Gray Ford F250 V10 Supercab 4x4, 2004 Perlite Gray Metallic Mercedes-Benz E320 4Matic, 2002 Burgundy Pearl Suzuki XL-7 Touring, 1971 Spring Green Jeep J4000 Gladiator, 1966 Signal Flare Red Ford Fairlane, to name a few...

Comment

im down for autocross. last year i hit ran the track at least 5 times. so there will be plenty of time for people to run there cars. the track isnt large enough for high speed turns. i spent most of the time in 2nd gear.
              i really dont see why people think by driving to medford and then autocrossing might damage the car. honestly if owners worry about such things....then they have not maintaned the cars well.
              probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
              1993 nighthawk 750
              http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

Originally posted by Quicksilver
                im down for autocross. last year i hit ran the track at least 5 times. so there will be plenty of time for people to run there cars. the track isnt large enough for high speed turns. i spent most of the time in 2nd gear.
                i really dont see why people think by driving to medford and then autocrossing might damage the car. honestly if owners worry about such things....then they have not maintaned the cars well.
                I remember you saying something about the subi whille on trhe track last year. oh yeah I want one and sorry about the tires lol. I wish I had that on film.

Matt
                R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
                06 subaru Impreza 2.5i siting on cobs" wrecked
                "Sir, you got crack paraphenalia in your spagetie noodles"
                Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
                ...Its like a ride cushioned by a load of poo ...

Comment

Originally posted by matt_93_GT
                  I remember you saying something about the subi whille on trhe track last year. oh yeah I want one and sorry about the tires lol. I wish I had that on film.

Matt

LOL yea that was funny
                  probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
                  1993 nighthawk 750
                  http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

Ok so here is the plan, on Jun 15th (Fri) we get there and meet somewhere between 9 and 10 pm, we can have dinner or catch a movie like last year, on Sat we meet for breakfast at hometown buffet since that had a lot of succes for some people (Jarod?) head for the track activities and then do the usual bowiling and pool at the bar since that had also a lot of succes last year, have dinner maybe or just keep drinking. And on Sun we could meet for breakfast at hometown buffet again just in case there is some work left to be done :-) and maybe catch the car show that ussually happens on the same day and then go home. Sounds good?
                    Ruben.
                    PNW
                    97 GSX
                    04 STI
                    94 PGT

Comment

Do you have any idea how many tickets I'll get driving 2 Oregan???? Guess I'll havta get some false papers
                      "the tanker" 6.5 quart oil capacity http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2603315

Comment

Originally posted by KevinD
                        And FYI: the Motel 6 is showing $67/night/room/2 persons; the Travelodge is showing $55/night/room/2 persons; the Days Inn is showing $54/night/room/2 persons.

Might be time to consider terrori... umm, patronizing a different hotel.
                        personally, i don't have a problem staying at the motel6 north. the problem i have there is with the parking, but i suppose that's true of most motels just off the highway.

kevin, could you give us a link with other choices you mentioned, and their proximity to what will be happening during that weekend?

we should be able to make it no problem, barring any scheduling issues [re: stacey's racing].
                        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

what to do fri night

friday night we could all get together and celebrate my birthday since it is the 15th, it sucked last year me and matt spent all day smellin feet on the way to medford
                          2-88 gt's 1-89 gt

Comment

I had to listen to you bitch about me not leting you smoke in my car. And the feet thing that was foul. 10hrs. at work when its 100+. I recomend not removing your shues in that small of a room.

Matt
                            R.I.P. Roy W Clark You will be missed.
                            06 subaru Impreza 2.5i siting on cobs" wrecked
                            "Sir, you got crack paraphenalia in your spagetie noodles"
                            Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
                            ...Its like a ride cushioned by a load of poo ...

Comment

i'm totally up for going.. hopeing to see if my work will actually give me the time off.. they can be a pain about it.. speically in the summer time when we're at our most busy months..
                              Original Ricepoc member
                              93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
                              1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

i'm getting all geeked up. should be fun.
                                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X