Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly What Bearing Does the TPS have on the Trans Computer (ATX) ....might be long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly What Bearing Does the TPS have on the Trans Computer (ATX) ....might be long

Ok, I have a 1993 Probe GT, 4EAT Transmission, and a KLZE. I have this frustrating trans problem. After approx. 45 min of driving the trans does keep 1st gear engaged when coming to a stop. Once I rev it a little the gear engages again, only to come back out. I have a simliar problem with reverse too. The weird thing, if I shut off the car and let it sit for about 30 min, it's back to normal. It's been doing this since Nov. 2000/84,700miles....I have 89,100 on it now. The trans has 35,000 miles on it and the Level Ten TC has 5,000 miles. I have replaced the Valve Body with no change (except better line pressure). The trans worked fine before I installed the KLZE. MY fluid is perfect, and I have the trans cooler from HELL!

Now this is where the TPS comes in. I have heard of a few people swapping the KLZE throttle body with the KL03 throttle body on their KLZEs. They say that the swap improves driveablity. I was wondering, would KLZE TB be effecting the signals that the TPS is sending to the TCM? After all, this issue is electrical, and I've noticed weird things with throttle dependant transmission functions(fuel cut not lining up with the shifts, this gear engagement issue). Might putting the KLo3 TB on my ZE solve my trans issue? I'm looking for opinions... :smile:

BTW: The Throttle and TPS are adjusted correctly, and I have no vacuum leaks. :smile:
    Sandon Lettieri
    1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
    2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

SWAP THAT slush box

Comment

Not having looked into this, I would think the TPS has a relationship with the TCM. This relationship would be throttle position and gear selection...
      Can you swap the TPS modules...?

Rick_96PGT™ #61
      RSP MotorSports
      If size doesnt matter, how come Im so popular?

Rick_96PGT #62
      "I never apologize.
      I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
      - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

On 2001-04-06 23:59, BlackPGT91ATX wrote:
        SWAP THAT slush box
        That looks nothing like an opinion that would help his situation. And if the censor was turned Off, you could see what I personally think of you.

<br[censored] you.

Sandon, you have the same manual as me...the TPS does all sorts of shiznit. It can't hurt to swap out the TPS by itself. And if all else fails, swap out the entire TB....and hook up the under side Air Bypass like Todd and I with the Tee into the front PCV inlet.

ATX----the Technological advantage.

Bertha is my car's name, and 161 ALL MOTOR wheel HP is my game. What's that, 190 at the crank?

¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Well, I'm currently running the TPS off my KL03 because the KLZE one was making my idle bounce(and the trans problem was still there)

So, it looks like I'm getting a TB gasket and trying this out. I saw how Todd hooked his up and I'm gonna try it. All that can happen is it won't work....

On 2001-04-07 02:39, TravisWilliams_GT wrote:

Sandon, you have the same manual as me...the TPS does all sorts of shiznit. It can't hurt to swap out the TPS by itself. And if all else fails, swap out the entire TB....and hook up the under side Air Bypass like Todd and I with the Tee into the front PCV inlet.

ATX----the Technological advantage.

Bertha is my car's name, and 161 ALL MOTOR wheel HP is my game. What's that, 190 at the crank?

[ This Message was edited by: TravisWilliams_GT on 04/6/2001 9:58pm ]
          Sandon Lettieri
          1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
          2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Working...
          X