Reality T.V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality T.V.

With all the new shows being thought up by chimpanzees randomly hitting a typewriter, there is only one question left to ask.

Can it become even dumber?

Discuss.

edit: Post 100 since joining in Oct of 2002. I won the internet!

I think an appropriate quote goes something like this:

"You may be able to get 99 channels on your TV, but are there enough quality programs to fill 99 channels?"

Sorry I don't know who said it, but isn't that the truth.
    Ex owner of Dark Blue PGT J-spec, manufactured 95, 80,000 km (50,000 miles)

"Once I was conceited, but now I'm perfect"

Comment

I HATE reality TV. whatever happened to good shows like Roseanne, ER, ally McBeal, etc etc. people are losing all their creativity so they need to rely on people trying to **** eachother over to win cash or something. drama sells ratings unfortunately.
      1988 Nissan 300ZX Turbo SS : My Shiro Special site. Limited edition Z31 model.
      Engine: K&N Intake, HKS Exhaust, Poly motor mounts
      Suspension: ST front springs, SS rear springs, full poly bushing set and spring seats, BILSTEIN shocks/struts, Cusco front strut brace
      The last last letter of the alphabet is also the last word in sports cars: Z
      Dyno 5-14-05: 175.17 HP @ 5200rpm & 200.36 Torque @ 3800rpm

Comment

The only good reality TV is sports and COPS.
        86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6
        2001 Ford Focus ZX3
        1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo
        1996 Yamaha YZF 600R
        2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Comment

**** reality T.V. I hate reality T.V. How is that for discussing.

Comment

Originally posted by mimocurry
            The only good reality TV is sports and COPS.
            Couldn't have said it better bro

COPS kicks ass when you don't have nothing else to watch on tv.
            Halo 3: 5 Star General (6000 EXP)

XBL Tag: Jimmy Bags

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
            C619

Comment

COPS is really the only reality show I watch.....other then the Real World for the dumbass drama oh and The Inferno is really funny too
              --MJ--
              --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

Comment

Reality TV is STUPID IMO, Especially MTV reality TV shows. i.e. (Real World, The Inferno, etc.) I mean all they do is bitch and complain abot every freakin thing. I think this season might be the last season i actually watch. unless it comes to Texas .

It provides entertainment because of the sensation people get when they see other people on TV bitchin', and the producers know that bitchiness is very addicting, so they make sure that some kind of chaos is started among the cast. but totally, Reality TV is NOT GOOD FOR THE SOUL

HOLLA BACK
                Marcais

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProbeGTSR
                  COPS is really the only reality show I watch.....other then the Real World for the dumbass drama oh and The Inferno is really funny too
                  What the hell is wrong with Frankie. "They dont like me, and i dont like them, so what the hell am i doing here"

Jacquese (sp) is the

HOLLA BACK
                  Marcais

Comment

I HATE reality TV... and it's not even "real" dammit it's about as real as wrestling. It's pure garbage, and I hate to think of the effect on society, especially the kids who grow up watching this garbage.

When I was a kid I watched Dukes of Hazard, Magnum PI, Night Court, Knight Rider, A-Team... you get the idea. And I turned out just fine!

Honestly I barely watch TV any more, there's seriously nothing on worth watching outside of the science and nature type shows.
                    Probetalk member since Feb. 2000
                    Probe owner Sept. 18, 1995 to MAY 29, 2007

Comment

I dunno, but I saw Lolita on Comcast on Demand tonight, and it was damn disturbing. That little girl was a spawn of satan, enough to almost make you feel bad for a pedophile.
                      1994 Performance White GT 5 speed - Rest in peace.[/B] My first car, totaled 10/11/09
                      1996 Black Probe GT - 100k & Factory Spec.
                      TW's Tilted Kilt 1997 Probe GTS - Hand built KLZE, Port & Polish, CAI, Eibachs, STS, Catless. Rides like your mistress, shrieks like your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by silent hill 3
                        It provides entertainment because of the sensation people get when they see other people on TV bitchin', and the producers know that bitchiness is very addicting, so they make sure that some kind of chaos is started among the cast. but totally, Reality TV is NOT GOOD FOR THE SOUL
                        Right. The media is just giving us what we want and what they know will sell.
                        Before we go blaming them for type of programming we get, we had better look at ourselves first. This is majority of America we're watching on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProbeGTSR
                          I watch for the chick with big Muffins.
                          86 Pontiac Fiero 2M6
                          2001 Ford Focus ZX3
                          1987 Dodge Daytona 2.2L Turbo
                          1996 Yamaha YZF 600R
                          2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Comment

AMAGAD COPS is just the best!
                            bad boys bad boys watcha gonna do watcha gonna do when they come for uuuuuuuuuuu

they dont show it in norway anymore used to watch it all the time Many many years ago

Comment

Only reality shows that are any good are like monster garage, junk yard wars, choppers, shows like this

Comment

Working...
                              X