X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can these method of installation be use with a bad disty? module!! Please let me know!
    BIGGEST WHP MAZDA MX6 KL EVER-----KLZE with PAUTER Rods and Wiseco Pistons 8.5:1 ...........553whp and 495tq@28psi and still running....

1997 Silver Frost PGT... like new...

dude, your email address isn't working ~admin

Comment

absolutely... You bypass the bad coil and replace it with the MSD unit.
      Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6
      K&N CAI w/Open Shroud & Halltech Beehive
      Port matched intake manifold/exhaust
      Dual X-pipe conversion to Z06 HiFlow
      Diablo Sport ECU/TCM Tuned

Comment

Right now!! I have the old method of installing the msd with the transistor!! I want to do it this way!! but fail today doing it in my friends 93 mx6!! I also have a 93mx6 with MSD 6a and blaster 2 coil!!

Please help!
        BIGGEST WHP MAZDA MX6 KL EVER-----KLZE with PAUTER Rods and Wiseco Pistons 8.5:1 ...........553whp and 495tq@28psi and still running....

1997 Silver Frost PGT... like new...

dude, your email address isn't working ~admin

Comment

Originally posted by starr_719
          absolutely... You bypass the bad coil and replace it with the MSD unit.
          I bought the modified disty cap from probesport and I plugged an msd blaster 2 into it with msd coil wire. Smoke started coming from a pinhole in the cap. I drove it anyway (It's been over a month since I've driven my car, I've been waiting on @#%@#% probesport.com to get it). Car ran like a top, but today it won't start (AGAIN ) and I opened the disty cap and the new rotor looks a little bit melted in a spot, but that may be how it is? Anyways, my question is: do I need some type of resistor or something, because it seems to me that the msd blaster 2 is a little to hot for my disty. HELP!?!?
          p.s. - Ken @ probesport told me these were the only components I would need, didn't say anything about a resistor or anything.... is it a botched job on the cap or what?
          95 black gt mtx (CAI, msd sp wires, grounding kit, 12" mtx sub, blaupunkt fronts and kenwood rears, tweeters, etc.)

Comment

I can not comment on Ken's quality of work as I have no first hand experience. The smoking would be from anything (resin/epoxy in excess) that maybe burning of due to heat. You do not need a resistor. I also use the B-2 coil and it is a hotter spark.

I would ask Ken for feedback on his cap.
            Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Originally posted by gandarilla
              Right now!! I have the old method of installing the msd with the transistor!! I want to do it this way!! but fail today doing it in my friends 93 mx6!! I also have a 93mx6 with MSD 6a and blaster 2 coil!!

Please help!
              Sorry but I just saw your post. On the MX-6 you need a tach adapter to make it run correctly. The adapter is a resistor. Note that the PGT does not need the tach adapter.
              Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Originally posted by ers_05
                I bought the modified disty cap from probesport and I plugged an msd blaster 2 into it with msd coil wire. Smoke started coming from a pinhole in the cap. I drove it anyway (It's been over a month since I've driven my car, I've been waiting on @#%@#% probesport.com to get it). Car ran like a top, but today it won't start (AGAIN ) and I opened the disty cap and the new rotor looks a little bit melted in a spot, but that may be how it is? Anyways, my question is: do I need some type of resistor or something, because it seems to me that the msd blaster 2 is a little to hot for my disty. HELP!?!?
                p.s. - Ken @ probesport told me these were the only components I would need, didn't say anything about a resistor or anything.... is it a botched job on the cap or what?
                I had the same problem....mine has a small hole that was melted, but i do have it connected and it has not given me a problem since. The cap works very well, but i do have that small hole that has a burnt spot.

Comment

AOL does suck but make sure your going here: http://www.gilstarr.d2g.com/MSD_Main.html

until the updates go onto SCPOC.com
                  get me those updates foo!
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

cant find harness

Hi,
                    I cant find the MSD harness you mention! Heres my email with Summit:

Response (Zack) - 11/11/2004 02:38 PM
                    Hello. I do not know of any specific harness for your application. Here is the
                    link to their site. You can contact their tech department for the information.
                    Thanks
                    http://www.msdignition.com/

Customer (Jonas ) - 11/11/2004 12:40 PM
                    Hi!
                    Im looking to buy an "MSD 6A" and the "MSD Blaster 2" and I have been told that
                    MSD suplies a model specific wiring harness free of charge with these orders,
                    but HOW do I get the harness? My car is a 199x Ford Probe GT.

Thank you,
                    Jonas

Comment

Hey doc, you have to call MSD not Summit Racing.
                      Gil - '06 Z51 A6 C6

Comment

Hey doc, you have to call MSD not Summit Racing.
                        Can't do that: Im in Sweden and we have an 8 hour time difference to the US... Would you have any useful email contact at their place?

Comment

Try this.
                          My car - another fully functioning OBD-II ZE.

What the hell is Lomo?

Comment

Yes Onlyp, Ive been there. Still waiting for an answer (but notice this is a tech questionaire not sales).

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by doc Jones
                              Yes Onlyp, Ive been there. Still waiting for an answer (but notice this is a tech questionaire not sales).

Jonas
                              hey if u need it that bad, i can call and get one sent to me and then send it to you...lemme know if you need my help

(i have called and receive one already...so i know they send it for free)

Comment

noooo....your page is down. I wanted to get my car runninng tonight....
                                95 GT~ZE: SOLD!!

Comment

Working...
                                X