Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeesus, I need to find me another probe like this

Comment

Last weekend I had to work through saturday and sunday so not much got done. So I tried to be productive this weekend. This is what i started with for the bay. This weekend I was able to get it outside and power wash the bay and let it air out for a day. Got some decent results.

Before and after.

Quickly painted up a spare vc I grabbed from a yard until i can have one powder coated. Head looked pretty damn clean so Im pretty excited there.

That is pretty much where the fun stopped for mechanical work. So I replaced the plugs, wires and fuel filter, and valve cover gasket. Drained 3 gallons of bad gas out of the tank and change the oil. Also grabbed a new battery. spun the engine by hand to make sure it wasn't frozen, all checked out. Went to fire, Car cranked hard, no start. I'm getting spark, so i listen of the pump, no dice. Check the interia switch thats fine, I'm getting 12v to the pump .Pulled the pump, test it, dead. To make matters worse, tank is rusty as all hell. So plan of attack there is the use the tank and pump from the lx (anyone know if that is fine?) Once i get that sorted out, looked like its gonna need a radiator as well since i broke the plug off in the bottom of the end tank and it looks like its leaking anyway.

yummm

So, I decided to sort out the interior a bit. Started with a new headline to replace the shitty drooping one. Decided to go black/ drk grey with this car.

Next I figured while everything was apart i'd reupholster my rear panels to match the fronts i had made for the other car. Upon disassembly, I realized that the carpet pieces are literally just glued to the panel. Tore the old shit off, use them as a template and used some chipboard to make door card inserts.

1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
      1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
      2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
      2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
      2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Cards are padded and done in matte black vinyl just like my fronts. Also installed my harness bar so it wasn't just hanging around the garage. The other weekend i was able to score a power window reg. from a local along with a set of clean lx tails. Car is starting to look good if i do say so myself!

2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
        2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Great progress. I love those rims, I'm tempted to buy a set in their Chromium Black for my next project after seeing how nice they look on yours and Dan's.
          91PGT project car still isn't done, don't ask

Comment

Originally posted by EVERY DETAIL View Post
            Great progress. I love those rims, I'm tempted to buy a set in their Chromium Black for my next project after seeing how nice they look on yours and Dan's.
            Thanks! Was really hoping to have it running this weekend but what can you do.

They really are nice wheels for the money, I was impressed with the finish and fitment. I probably would have opted to do a 17x8.25" +25 outback instead of the +35 for trailing arm clearance and a more flush fit.
            2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
            2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I was surprised to see the LX tails on your GT, do you just prefer them to the clear lens 89GT's?

Comment

I was surprised to see the LX tails on your GT, do you just prefer them to the clear lens 89GT's?
                Yeah I used to love the 89gt tails, but the lines on the lx tails work nicely with the body panels of the 89gt and I wanted an all red tail light lens which these lend themselves nicely to. Whenever I run out of things to do to the car I might try something new and disassemble a pair of 89's for an led retrofit.
                2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Originally posted by plx92 View Post
                  I might try something new and disassemble a pair of 89's for an led retrofit.
                  I'm headed in the same direction with some new OEM 89GT tails. I haven't seen it done yet. So much room behind that lens is both a blessing and a curse, it's gonna be a huge panel if it fills up the entire lens.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with ever you tackle the project.

Comment

Every Detail that looks badass!!!

Comment

yup yup the car is sandalwood.
                      That sure looks like my 89GT color which was code "F1" and denotes "Crystal Clearcoat Metallic", an exclusive GT color. The light sandalwood you reference was an LX color of "A8". Check your door sticker when you have a chance, you've got me wondering now.

Comment

That sure looks like my 89GT color which was code "F1" and denotes "Crystal Clearcoat Metallic", an exclusive GT color. The light sandalwood you reference was an LX color of "A8". Check your door sticker when you have a chance, you've got me wondering now.
                        I'll have to check the vin again, but the taillight trim on the car is from an lx, not the ones i took off the gt tails and they seem to match so whatever color the car is couldn't be a gt exclusive color.
                        2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                        2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I'll have to check the vin again, but the taillight trim on the car is from an lx, not the ones i took off the gt tails and they seem to match so whatever color the car is couldn't be a gt exclusive color.
                          I admit they're darn close colors. The GT color has a subtle flake in it. I certainly could be wrong but that paint doesn't look like a factory match to me. No biggie, it will just be interesting news if they indeed sold the GT in a light sandalwood in 1989.

Take a look at the photo description at the pictures lower left corner. I imagine the dramatic sunset throws off the color but this was my "F1" 1989 PGT:

Comment

I believe csohen(carlin) on performanceprobe.com 89gt is sandlewood color

Comment

The car is the same color as my probe and Carlin's.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyNC View Post
                                The car is the same color as my probe and Carlin's.
                                So what is your color code on the VIN sticker in the door? It's a 2-character code like "A8" or "F1".

I knew somebody with an LX with "A8" but I've never seen a GT with "A8" yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X