Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont own a Probe but I do own a potential sleeper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont own a Probe but I do own a potential sleeper!

Check this out! Im going to add MSD Ignition products, advanced inductionflowmaster mufflers, and many other mods but nothing different on the outside!!! Tell me what you think!

red x
    "My lugnuts require more torque then your Honda makes."

Comment

Re: I dont own a Probe but I do own a potential sleeper!

he's trying to link to the buick website, he has a lesabre....
      Pictures - Videos
      1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

Comment

http://www.buick.com/lesabre/showroom/photos/
        '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
        '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

I had a 1984 Buick LaSabre... thing was so damn slow it wouldnt get out of its own way and why would you try to soup up an engine that wasnt made to be tinkered with? I think if you really wanted a sleeper you should do an complete engine swap unless those bitchs come with something in them that matters.
          1993 Mazda 626 FSDE
          Ractive Muffler, Koiiler 10" Subwoofer, Audiobahn amp, No Headunit Mod, PCV Filter Mod

2004 Toyota Matrix Xr
          Cosmic Blue Metallic, STP Filters, Lucas Oils, s2000 Antenna
          Visit my Cardomain for pictures of the Matrix.

Comment

"LeSabre's standard 3800 Series II V6 delivers 205 horsepower and 230 lb-ft of torque-all the engine you need for quick acceleration and confident passing. With an EPA estimated fuel economy of 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway, the 3800 V6 also gives you the kind of gas mileage that helps keep you away from the pump and on the road."

this is the same 3800 engine that the grand prix GTP's have. this is the non s/c'ed model of course.....

Comment

LeSabres have some good potential for being fast, in the right hands. And as for "an engine that's not made to be tinkered with", or whatever, do you think the 2.5L's (and other engines), all the probers are using are made for tinkering? HECK NO! That's why it's such a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by masonholmes
                ...as for "an engine that's not made to be tinkered with", or whatever, do you think the 2.5L's (and other engines), all the probers are using are made for tinkering? HECK NO! That's why it's such a pain.
                I know, and it prove my statement. I guess its cool. I would have gotten something with a little more of an edge... I dunno. Maybe its just my memories of the yacht with a LaSabre badge my mom used to drive me around in. :p
                1993 Mazda 626 FSDE
                Ractive Muffler, Koiiler 10" Subwoofer, Audiobahn amp, No Headunit Mod, PCV Filter Mod

2004 Toyota Matrix Xr
                Cosmic Blue Metallic, STP Filters, Lucas Oils, s2000 Antenna
                Visit my Cardomain for pictures of the Matrix.

Comment

Well, I dunno this dude, but I think sleepers are great, and know a new LeSabre can be a very viable subject. Not to be an ass or anything either, but many people see making a car that's not easy to mod fast, as a fun challenge, and worth alot more.
                  Peace,

Comment

LeSabres have some good potential for being fast, in the right hands. And as for "an engine that's not made to be tinkered with", or whatever, do you think the 2.5L's (and other engines), all the probers are using are made for tinkering? HECK NO! That's why it's such a pain.
                    ok, LeSabre is in the luxury, and just cruise around town catagory, probes are in the sports, go fast around town catagory... 2 completly different cars, can't really compare them...
                    Pictures - Videos

Comment

Dude...I was comparing the fact that BOTH have engines that aren't really made to be tinkered with by the home mechanic etc. I've seen quite a few "luxury" sleepers that were tuned to be fast. So yes, there is a comparison base in there somewheres, no matter the car type.

Comment

Dude...I was comparing the fact that BOTH have engines that aren't really made to be tinkered with by the home mechanic etc. I've seen quite a few "luxury" sleepers that were tuned to be fast. So yes, there is a comparison base in there somewheres, no matter the car type.
                        the point i was trying to make, was that probes were geared toward sports car guys, or in other words, guys who tinker with their cars, while LeSabre's were geared towards family men/women or someone who just needs a daily driver, and doesn't wanna tinker with it... and i know people take these 'daily driver' type cars and make them fast, look at the ****in minivan runnin 10's!!!
                        i'm not really arguing your point, just giving another side of it
                        Pictures - Videos

Comment

i always thought probes were intended to be marketed towards women? (and no thats not a joke regarding the name)

Comment

Just in case you guys didn't know, MT tested the 2000 LeSabre at 15.6 off the showroom.......

Reggie, the stock ignition on these cars are OK as is. Sure an ignition would help, but right now your $$ would be better spent on intake and exhaust upgrades.

Comment

i'm not really arguing your point
                              Gotcha, sounded otherwise to me, and I think my point makes your point moot, but that's just me And whomever made the comment on Probes being marketed towards women, I dunno, but it sure is funny that so many guys get cars "marketed at women", like Probes and MX3's, and tinker the heck outta em
                              Peace,

Comment

Working...
                              X