Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wat would the 1/4 mile be? any ideas?

Comment

the problem with the MX-6 would be the Front valve cover is closer to the fans...thats y i was asking that question, probes have about 3 inches more....something like that

Comment

the MX-3 is the same way and he said that everything should fit with not changing of the fan based on the measurments he has right now, i got about 2 7/8 inches from the lip where the valve cover meets the head to the rad fan

Comment

yah but then look at your car and look at my car. which is most likely to get pulled over. i'm definetly gonna consider this option.

Originally posted by c-man
          Even with a clutch to disengage the blower, the kit will not pass california required visual inspections. ANY modification to air or fuel must be CARB approved. This is despite whether it passes an actual emission measurement, which I have no doubt this would. Now if you bypassed the blower and ran a CARB approved wai (hks or K&N fipk) for your scheduled smog check, you should pass even the visual. But neither Carb-legal wai kit llooks like it will fit w/out removing the blower.

And new laws to tackle CA street racing has prompted all hoods to be popped if you are pulled over and cited for non-Carb'd items. Otherwise, I would have had this kit already.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by volcomchester18
            wat would the 1/4 mile be? any ideas?
            With an estimated 107 trap...I'd say around 13.5 give or take depending on conditions and driver.
            Sheera - 1993 Probe GT Black (MTX) KLZE - Sold *sigh*
            Former ( ) BABlackPGTPOC member. Represent.
            Nicole - 2005 Black SRT-4 - Mods and pictures

Comment

I want to know if you can turn the blower on/off anytime when you drive or you need to stop and turn the blower on/off.

Is not very important but i want to know.

thank
              Probe GT 1993:Teins SS coil over,HS headers,AWR motor mount, AWR trailling arm,addco swaybar,SS link kits,ss brake line,ss clutch line,walbro 255,Fidanza flywheel,RR UDP,18 spyn spyder wheel..

Comment

13.5..holly mother...i cant wait to buy it, even if its 14 flat..omg i am excited, could i intall fuel pump before putting supercharger on the car, like drive with it for a week?

Comment

13.5..holly mother...i cant wait to buy it, even if its 14 flat..omg i am excited, could i intall fuel pump before putting supercharger on the car, like drive with it for a week?
                  I know some people have. I don't know all the details of their experience, but from the little I do remember and read, it was fine. Just ran rich. To be on the safe side, either research it thoroughly, or wait to install the pump until you have the kit. Also, as it has been pointed out, you'll need some more parts (specifically fuel management, then drivetrain, etc.) before the kit will safely run on your car. So..add another 1-2k+ depending on the parts and prices you get/find. Even with the extra money needed, this is a nice, cheap and fast BOLT-ON kit. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rabove
                    I know some people have. I don't know all the details of their experience, but from the little I do remember and read, it was fine. Just ran rich. To be on the safe side, either research it thoroughly, or wait to install the pump until you have the kit. Also, as it has been pointed out, you'll need some more parts (specifically fuel management, then drivetrain, etc.) before the kit will safely run on your car. So..add another 1-2k+ depending on the parts and prices you get/find. Even with the extra money needed, this is a nice, cheap and fast BOLT-ON kit. Amazing.
                    drivetrain? i thougth all u need for this kit was fmu and fuel pump. Its only 6 psi i dotn see a need for changing valvetrain, maybe u mean clutch? But the guy selling blower said that all u woudl need is clutch, FMU, fuel pump. I dotn see a need for valvetrain at only 6psi.

Comment

installing the pump is fine, it is an upgraded version of your stock pump ... the FPR will just work a little more ... the kit will require very little extra,

quote from the site:

Requirements?

The kit is designed only for the Manual Transaxle Models. Our automatic (4EAT) tends to fail when given as little as 40whp+ more power than stock. Our Manaul transaxles seem to be quite robust and have been known to hold 350 whp and as much as 400 whp. An upgraded differential such as Phantom Grip or Qualif would be highly recommended for these higher torque applications. Our open differential has proven to be fine at even 300Ft lbs of torque at the wheels!

We highly recommend an upgraded clutch, such as the Clutch Master Stage III. These can be obtained from RR-Racing.com. Soon we will be stocking performance clutches. The clutch we are looking at offering is rated for 500ft lbs of torque and is even race warrantied! If you could like to stay with a known brand of clutch, do yourself a favor, trust Clutch Masters. Most companies do not have a high-rated pressure plate which is required for Kevlar clutches to last and grip their best.

For a Fuel Pump we recommend the Walbro 255lph HighPressure. This pump is designed to flow up to 500hp; however, our current fuel system bottlenecks around 400whp.

For the Fuel Modulation unit, we recommend the Cartech 2025 unit. This is an adjustable unit and when properly tuned, will NOT run you lean from 4hg to 3psi like the Vortech 12:1 does. This is the best FMU money can buy. Fuel is the area that you can NOT skimp out on - this will keep your engine running strong and for a long time. Trying to save $100 or $200 right now could easily cost you 4 or 5 times as much in an engine overhaul because you leaned out.
                      basically, another 500 to 900. the only way you will get into the 2k range is if you have neglected your maintenance ...

Comment

drivetrain? i thougth all u need for this kit was fmu and fuel pump. Its only 6 psi i dotn see a need for changing valvetrain, maybe u mean clutch? But the guy selling blower said that all u woudl need is clutch, FMU, fuel pump. I dotn see a need for valvetrain at only 6psi.
                        I didn't say valvetrain. I said drivetrain. And, if I were doing it, I'd do both the clutch and flywheel. Depending on the combination, you can run up to around 800 or so (Fidanza). I'd also do full gauges (which can get expensive)...AFPR...Cartech FMU...personally, I'd also do injectors. Either 1st Gen F2t...or MilleniaS...or even CZT fuel rail and Nissan injectors (to be safe). And a few other parts. I guess it'd be 1-2k+ for me. I tend to go overboard and be extra cautious..at least in planning. =) You could get away with much cheaper, though.

Comment

i wouldnt recommend a fidanza with an eaton, there would be more traction problems than you can imagine
                          W-I-M-P you cant spell wimp without the MP!

13B~Artillery is the life for me

Comment

Originally posted by Slammed6
                            one question

Will this fit the 2nd Gen MX-6?
                            I didn't see this question being answered..and while reading over the site, I stumbled across this:

Mr. Speed is pleased to present the only tested, proven and bolt on forced induction solution for the Mazda 2.5L V6 engine. At the moment this kit only fits the 93 - 97 Ford Probe GT. The next version will fit All other Mazda V6 KL powered Cars, such as the Mazda MPV Van, Millenia, 626, MX6, MX3, Ford Telstar and Ford T5.

Comment

Originally posted by linkinpark2342
                              i wouldnt recommend a fidanza with an eaton, there would be more traction problems than you can imagine
                              I was looking into going with a slightly shaved MX-3 flywheel. Maybe 14 lbs or so. Seems reasonably durable, yet lighter than stock. I don't trust a 9 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by rabove
                                I was looking into going with a slightly shaved MX-3 flywheel. Maybe 14 lbs or so. Seems reasonably durable, yet lighter than stock. I don't trust a 9 pounder.
                                I love my 9 pounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X