Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 1st Gen (89-92) Performance

1st Gen (89-92) Performance Discussion of Performance topics for the 1st Gen (all models)

Old February 16th, 2016, 05:47 PM   #1
bikerbaby265

My 89 FGen needs a new kill switch

Can anyone help me with some DIY kill switch ideas? Please. When I can't keep my baby in the shop, I keep her in my fenced back yard, but now after 3 theft attempts of my baby, I feel I need to install a 2nd kill switch. I feel maybe one or two of the wrong people may have seen the location of my recent kill switch. I wasn't there when it was installed so I don't know how it was done. Can't reach the dude that had done the first one. I'm a girl guys so go easy on me please. Although I do know both My 89 and 97 inside and out, have done most of the work on them myself. But need help with this one please. Thanks in advance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GREENWENVY
bikerbaby265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 08:44 PM   #2
branscoset
Donating User

I have wired these in for a few people. Usually tuck them in a fender or engine bay.
http://www.amazon.com/Volt-Battery-D.../dp/B007O0BBFM

Kill switches only keep the honest people honest...

If you are just parking your car for extended periods, you can pull a fuel pump or ecu fuse also. Hard to drive without fuel and a computer .
Old February 23rd, 2016, 04:31 PM   #3
ChillinZX

Moving would be the best option.
2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, ebay headers, ebay CAI system, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around, custom made traction bars mounted to frame rails, body kit, 2 tone paint, etc...
ChillinZX is offline   Reply With Quote