X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with out a doubt exhaust will give the most bang for the buck witrh n20 , i went from 104 mph to 108 mph with same jetting adding headers and exhaust .
    Можете вы прочитать diffrent языки? Если так вы можете всосать на моих волосатых шариках.

Comment

Best Beginner N2O set up? Help..

Allright, so my PGTs stock, and I'll add a few things like CAI and exhaust and a few other little odds 'n' ends, but, I wouldent mind adding a small shot of N20. I know this much abot N2O tho ---> . <--- I dont want to have to worry about blowing up my engine (137k miles...) so it would have to be a very small shot. Also, do I want a wet or dry kit? Difference? How hard is it to install?

Thanks...

Comment

Personally, if you want my opinion, Nitrous is NOT for inexperienced drivers. Besides, if you can't answer me this one question you probably shouldn't have nitrous in your car:

What exactly does nitrous do?

--Adam
        2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectShadow
          What exactly does nitrous do?

That doesn't mean anything. I knew nitrous goes in the intake and car goes faster when I wanted to get a kit. I asked nOOb questions like the difference between a wet and dry shot, how to read plugs, etc...

When I went turbo I knew it forced air into the intake by impellers driven by exhaust gas... that's about it.

But that's how I learned, started researching, looking through posts on PT, asking questions, now I can rattle off anything nitrous or turbo related without thinking.

loser666: read through the FYI posts, it will answer most your questions. I prefer a wet kit to the dry, but if you want to stay with a small shot I would lean towards a dry setup. Dry injects nitrous and alters vac pressure to the fpr to make it boost the fuel pressure at the injectors. The wet kit injects nitrous and fuel into the intake stream, which leaves the injectors operating stock but requires you to tap a fuel line. (not hard) Kits can be had used on ebay for about $300-350. I think installing nitrous is about as hard as putting in a headunit and amp/sub. Got some wiring to do, drilling holes to mount the bottle in the trunk, run lines, etc...
          Previously: 93 PGT Turbo...you know, back when you had to build the setup yourself.

Currently: 2012 Jeep GC Overland Summit - 1965 Chevy C10 SWB Fleet

Comment

MY point is, you don't just slap nitrous, or anything on your car for that matter, without having at least a basic knowledge of how it works. Nitrous is a good example. This is MY opinion anyway.

--Adam

Comment

zex kits are easy to install.
              '59 VW Bus - camper - lots of work - Mango green/Seagull Grey two tone
              '05 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6-spd manual Ultrasport w/ mods - Arctic White / Black
              '69 VW Bug - Grey/Black two tone-1641cc
              '94 MX-6 ZE mtx w/ mods - TAZ 6 - sold / BAPOC
              '01.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro w/ mods - sold

Comment

Before installing nitrous, you mentioned the high mileage. How's the oveall condition of the engine? Has the maintenance been kept up? Check the compression, do a tune-up, and buy a high performance clutch.

Both wet and dry kits are similar to install. The most problems lie in the wiring. Many probe owners have posted their experiences with various set-ups, so read through them, pick the one you like and is successful, and go from there.
                2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

I know my car stuff, I just dont have much experiance doing it, I agree, it probobly isnt the est for someone beginner, but Ive never one to let that stop me. I learn by doing, not reading. Im just saying...

Anyway, I just bought the car, and havnt really gotten a chance to check everything, I know the people I bought it from, and I know he didnt trash the car, not saying he babied it, but it was kept up. It runs smooth (except for the timing belt, but thats getting fixed right now) but we'll see when I get it back...

Oh, and for the record, if I was going to just slap on a nitrous system, would I be asking questions and doing research? Im just kidding, I see what your saying, and I can see exactly where your comming from.

Comment

loser dont worry theyre just trying to post whore im having a similar problem but my engine is a 2.0 i was thinking of a 25 shot wet kit but i wont be posting here about that lol i dont wanna get eaten up my wolves
                    White 93 mx6 with catback, custom intake--SOLD
                    95 Mitsubishi Eclipse-Header -CAI-catback-testpipe--SOLD
                    93 Honda Civic Del slow!---Soon to be sold

Next Project---KL03?????

...Powertoyz CC...

Comment

If your Probe isnt your daily driver, then install whatever, however you want. If you rely on this car research is key - I knwo its been said alot but it cannot be said enough.

Nitrous is destructive, and will shorten the life of your engine - period. You are running many risks when putting a nitrous system on a car. You have to pay attention to alot of things once you are running N2O, spark plugs, fuel, etc. Movie hype has made this seem like the answer to safe & easy HP but it really isnt.

For a well educated Probe owner it can be fairly trouble-free. If you dont know the basics of how it works, why it works and what all of the parts do - and if you can only learn by doing buy a kit and assemble it, inspect the parts and find out how they work before they ever go on your car.

It sounds so safe now to say I am running NOS, but you tell somone you are pumping your cylinders full of nitrogen and sparking it up - people in a 5 mile radius would run away in panic.

This is from one of the first Nitrous guys in the Probe community.

BTW: Start here http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/5335/nos.htm even if you dont go with that kit/setup its the FIRST place to go.
                      Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                      PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                      1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                      1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport
                        If your Probe isnt your daily driver, then install whatever, however you want. If you rely on this car research is key - I knwo its been said alot but it cannot be said enough.

Nitrous is destructive, and will shorten the life of your engine - period. You are running many risks when putting a nitrous system on a car. You have to pay attention to alot of things once you are running N2O, spark plugs, fuel, etc. Movie hype has made this seem like the answer to safe & easy HP but it really isnt.

For a well educated Probe owner it can be fairly trouble-free. If you dont know the basics of how it works, why it works and what all of the parts do - and if you can only learn by doing buy a kit and assemble it, inspect the parts and find out how they work before they ever go on your car.

It sounds so safe now to say I am running NOS, but you tell somone you are pumping your cylinders full of nitrogen and sparking it up - people in a 5 mile radius would run away in panic.

This is from one of the first Nitrous guys in the Probe community.

BTW: Start here http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/5335/nos.htm even if you dont go with that kit/setup its the FIRST place to go.

--Adam

Comment

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question259.htm
                          ^^One of my favorite sites. Saves me a lot of simple questions^^

I think if you follow up on it, you can know plenty by the time you have your intake and exhaust done.
                          2005 BB Rx-8 Gt - hella stock.

Comment

on a complete ze with bolt=ons(cai,borla,stage3clutch and flywheel,udp,vris chip, awr mounts. test pipe) I can run a 50 shot and get good gains safely or do I need to do anything else?

1994 Ford Probe Gt
                            Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
                            2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
                            1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

I suggest a fuel pump.

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

anything else

1994 Ford Probe Gt
                                Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
                                2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
                                1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Working...
                                X