No announcement yet.

OBD-1 codes and OBD-2 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i have a 93 gt and recentlly it just died on me while driving. everyting points to a bad distributor but when i replaced it nothing. now im trying to pull some codes but i cant get the damn cel light to come on. i did it before and it worked fine but now when i connect the ten and grn the cel light doesnt come on at all. as a matter of fact it never comes on.
    Doesnt it come on when you first turn the key to ( this is without the clip connecting the ten and grn) ?
    1993 Probe GT

Comment

No, you have to jumper 10 and ground, then turn the key. Don't start it, just go to the "on" or "acc" position. Should work. As for the problem, I'm not technical enough to advise, but if nothing works, then it does sound like it's electrical.
      '95 MX-6 LS, 5-speed, Ram air intake, Pacesetter cat-back, Tokiko Illumina struts/springs, front/rear strut tower bars, CM stage I, SS clutch line, MX3 lightened flywheel, RR Racing motor mounts and shifter bushing, polyurethane CA bushings, UOR pulley, B&M shifter, KVR rotors/pads, PTRASB, I wish I had headers...

Comment

Originally posted by str8chillncuzz
        ok i did the paper clip code the first code read L= long S= SHORT....L S S and then L S S S S S S then it repeated the codes but this time it went S S and then L S S S S S S and repeats agian...do i count the very frist L that i got since that did not get repeated so would i get codes 12 and 16 or 2 and 16? Thanks
        ?

Are you shure that it had started looping and it wasn't a separate code? Mine never put any sort of "prefix" in. My codes just looped the same every time.
        '95 MX-6 LS, 5-speed, Ram air intake, Pacesetter cat-back, Tokiko Illumina struts/springs, front/rear strut tower bars, CM stage I, SS clutch line, MX3 lightened flywheel, RR Racing motor mounts and shifter bushing, polyurethane CA bushings, UOR pulley, B&M shifter, KVR rotors/pads, PTRASB, I wish I had headers...

Comment

Originally posted by jws
          No, you have to jumper 10 and ground, then turn the key. Don't start it, just go to the "on" or "acc" position. Should work. As for the problem, I'm not technical enough to advise, but if nothing works, then it does sound like it's electrical.
          I know i have to connect the ten and ground to check for codes but i was just wondering is the cel comes on when you regualrry first try and start the car.
          1993 Probe GT

Comment

My bad. Yeah, I think it does. I'll double check.

Comment

CEL light comes on in the "on" ignition position, not "acc." It stays on in that position. If you crank it, the light is still on for a minute from passing by the "on" position, but then goes away. Hope that helps. I have an MX6, don't know if Probes are different in any way. Wouldn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by jws
                CEL light comes on in the "on" ignition position, not "acc." It stays on in that position. If you crank it, the light is still on for a minute from passing by the "on" position, but then goes away. Hope that helps. I have an MX6, don't know if Probes are different in any way. Wouldn't think so.
                When pulling codes, it will not light up, if you do not have a small enough paper clip to fit all the way down into each connector.(rember only use 1 paper clip and DONT cut it in 2 pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by str8chillncuzz
                  ok i did the paper clip code the first code read L= long S= SHORT....L S S and then L S S S S S S then it repeated the codes but this time it went S S and then L S S S S S S and repeats agian...do i count the very frist L that i got since that did not get repeated so would i get codes 12 and 16 or 2 and 16? Thanks

I suggest just to do the fix for the first code(only becuase its easy to see where the 2nd starts, but after that its difficult) then after you fix the 1st code, reset the computer, and then see if you pull any more codes, and so on.... if you need more help PM me.

Comment

codes

i couldnt find what a code 69 was what a code to throw lol and 23 is the o2 sensor. What does it mean should i replace the 02 sensor. can i get some incite please
                    00 Audi S4
                    Intake Exhaust clutch, Chip APR EMCS, H&R's and few other german goodies haha. umm twin turbo awd

Comment

Code 17

Hey, thanks for the start with the diagnostics.

Code 17 is the the oxygen sensors, which one(s), also what am I looking foor in the fuel and ignition performance?
                      Thanks

Comment

ight... half my stuff is fixed.. now my car is running some crazy codes...
                        i reset the coputer. disconnected the negative and pressed on the break for a little more then 5 seconds. the ran the codes again..
                        now it starts off with 4 long , and after that i get 6 short.
                        now i remind you i have an OBD1. what the **** kinda code is that?!?!? im not sure if there seprate codes or togeter. but i redid it 3 times to make sure i knew how to count. They look seperate.
                        anyone know what codes these might be??

Comment

hmmm, no idea
                          I looked through to see if there was anything close to it like 40 and 6 or 46 or possibly 460 or 406 and nothing. Just kick it, that always seems to help
                          NoclssGT.com
                          PhotoPOC
                          DaddyPOC
                          1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4

Comment

code

i am getting a code 21 from my puter in my 93 pgt and cant find jack on it any help please
                            00 Audi S4
                            Intake Exhaust clutch, Chip APR EMCS, H&R's and few other german goodies haha. umm twin turbo awd

Comment

what exactly would an inversion error be( 24) i have that one along with two others
                              1993 ford probe GT KLZE with some other stuff......SOLD 9/16/2003

Comment

code 41?????????????
                                HD CAI, Custom 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, test pipe, mx-3 14lb flywheel, CM stage 1 clutch, ported IM and heads, front MM insert, rear MM filled, tokiko illumina struts, eibach springs

Comment

Working...
                                X