Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Vendor Support and Contact > Former Vendors > Probe Garage

Probe Garage Probe Garage aka Racing Extreme

Old October 4th, 2005, 11:36 PM   #1
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

Any suggestions? Questions? Comments?

Have any recommendations on how I can improve , a part I should consider stocking, please let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip
Old October 5th, 2005, 02:04 AM   #2
BlackDragonGT
Don't toss me

Could you get brake calipers for a decent price? I can't remember how much autozone or advance wanted, but I remember it being a lot more than I was willing to spend I only need the rears though, I have the special frozen edition 93 calipers.

Also, how about Corvette ZR1 oil filters? My local places don't seem to carry the ZR1 filter. You'd probably have to have a disclaimer on your site though, making sure people know that the part isn't made specifically for Probes and to use it at your own risk and what not.

Last edited by BlackDragonGT; October 6th, 2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old October 7th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #3
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

i can get the calipers but didn’t want the hassle of dealing with cores. Let me know if you can find pricing and ill see what i can do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip

Last edited by Gummy Grip; October 7th, 2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old October 7th, 2005, 03:14 AM   #4
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

sup matt, my buddy bought that valve cover gasket kit you sell. but after a month later, both valve cover gaskets are leaking a lot. ever have this problem before? they were installed by a qualified technician(not me) so i was wondering that it could have been bad quality products. what do you think?

~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #5
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowncitizen
sup matt, my buddy bought that valve cover gasket kit you sell. but after a month later, both valve cover gaskets are leaking a lot. ever have this problem before? they were installed by a qualified technician(not me) so i was wondering that it could have been bad quality products. what do you think?
Sorry to hear that,I actually never had any bad complaints, this is a first. The tech might not have looked up the correct torque settings for each bolt. This would cause unequal pressure and a possible small path for it to leak. Also if they are tightened too much he could crack the valve cover which you could use JB weld to fix. Have your friend contact me for a discounted price if he’s interested in trying out another set. I have them in stock.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip
Old October 7th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #6
unknowncitizen
Donating Member

thanks but its okay, we went to mazda and get a set for 30 bucks each. but the vc gaskets never broke, but oil was all over them, but o well, problem is already fixed

~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE
Old October 9th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #7
noclss2000
POC Mod

suggestions....
looks like you carry mostly maintenance products which is great, especially when it's higher quality oem replacement parts. I would try to get some aftermarket stuff too though, like CAI's, headers, etc. I know there's plenty of other sites that carry this stuff and you would have to be fighting to get that end of business, but it's a big area of the probe community that you're missing out on.
I would also do more updating on the website. You have no header banner, logo or anything. Other than that, the page works great, just needs some aesthetic upgrades.

PhotoPOC
DaddyPOC
1997 Ford Probe GT MTX, 2009 Mazda6i MTX, 2007 Jeep Commander 4x4
Old October 13th, 2005, 01:34 AM   #8
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclss2000
suggestions....
looks like you carry mostly maintenance products which is great, especially when it's higher quality oem replacement parts. I would try to get some aftermarket stuff too though, like CAI's, headers, etc. I know there's plenty of other sites that carry this stuff and you would have to be fighting to get that end of business, but it's a big area of the probe community that you're missing out on.
I would also do more updating on the website. You have no header banner, logo or anything. Other than that, the page works great, just needs some aesthetic upgrades.
thanks for the tips. I do plan on bringing in the greddy SP2 exhaust, and possibly cold air intakes in the future. I am waiting for AEMs new dry flo filter which I will include with my CAIs.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip
Old October 13th, 2005, 03:18 AM   #9
MattScout345
PT Regular

I just wanted to say your site looks really good and I plan on getting some struts from you in the near future.

Old October 25th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #10
phil4631
Turbo Member

I was just looking and i will probably be buying both strut bars since theyre on sale. and since i had a good transaction last time and am satisfied with the product. BUT as i was just reading you were saying something about CAI's, any word on them? cause im lookin to buy real one real soon and would like to buy from you if you will be stockin them soon. Let me know. Thanks alot.
Old October 26th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #11
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil4631
I was just looking and i will probably be buying both strut bars since theyre on sale. and since i had a good transaction last time and am satisfied with the product. BUT as i was just reading you were saying something about CAI's, any word on them? cause im lookin to buy real one real soon and would like to buy from you if you will be stockin them soon. Let me know. Thanks alot.
I have a source right now for the pipes but am waiting on AEMs new dry flo filters that doesnt use oil to be realeased.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip
Old November 9th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #12
handy_john
Search Impaired

more 1st gen parts
Old November 9th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #13
chaos311clarity
PT Know it All

stocking hard to find items would be sweet... like the timing belt tensioner and things of that nature... perhaps some mx6 specific parts as well... maybe some gauges... radiator hoses (silicon if u can get em) ... thats all i can think of right now
Old November 27th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #14
DirtyT
Donating Member

I guess I'm the only one that will address this, where are all of the I4 parts?

I saw alot of items for the V6's but only like two items for the 2.0. I would like to see some specialty items like, powder coat, I mean the raw material.

Also maybe some aftermarket items like CAI, Relocation kits. Some custom fabrications might also help make you a popular site, like mandral bent piping sections for turbo/supercharger setups.
I think what most people on this forum are looking for is a place that they can buy the pieces to the puzzle and then put it together for them selves.

Like I plan on building a supercharger setup for my 95 2.0 in the future, it sure would be nice if I had a place to go where I could pick up all the pieces instead of spending hours and hours of time trying to find the lowest cost all over the internet.

DirtyT
!!!Still Under Construction!!!
Old November 27th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #15
Gummy Grip
Supercharged Member

I appreciate all your input, it is very helpful on any changes I may want to do with the future. If I had the funds, I would go forward with all of your suggestions right now.

AIM - shaneATgummygrip
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:39 PM   #16
walg
Donating Member

Old December 12th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #17
PROBEN AINT EZ
Supercharged Member

Put together a timing belt set with all tensioners, seals and a belt. You carry a few of the items already seperately. You will need to sell the water pump seperate due to various sizing.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:29 AM   #18
Russ 3 ll PGT
PT Regular

if you have a passenger side manual, not power, window regulator post it - i will buy it.