No announcement yet.

making some progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bout time you got to working on it,lol. Keep up the progress.
    My 1st gens are slow.

Comment

more pics
      you can see why I needed a spacer

not as much of a mess now.... getting close to being ready

test fitting the IC and how I am going to run the pipes

thoughts?
      Last edited by siknin; February 19, 2012, 03:11 PM.
      2g probe ze

Comment

Lookin good. My paint is worse. I think our hot pipes are the same and there was just enough space to run the charge pipe out of the IC on the drivers side around the tow hook and up between the cold side of the turbo and the trans. Keeps the charge pipe from heat soaking as bad as if it were run over the top of the turbo.
        Last edited by WhiteDart; February 19, 2012, 03:09 PM.
        Jim K.
        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Yea my old car had the charge piping run right over the hotside of the turbo... all i did then was throw come extra couplers around the pipe above to turbo before.... but yea def a better idea to stay away from the hotside
          2g probe ze

Comment

Where'd you pick up those tires? Are they going on the FDs? I'm looking for a good set for my FDs as well.
            1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

Originally posted by RedGT View Post
              Where'd you pick up those tires? Are they going on the FDs? I'm looking for a good set for my FDs as well.
              Yea they are going on the fds.... they are 245 50 16s nitto 555r drag radials. I ordered them online and had them shipped to my house.
              2g probe ze

Comment

how much did you pay? for the drags
                95 pgt boosted 8 psi slowly tuning with help
                93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
                93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts

Comment

lookin good i should be back at the end of march and im gonna take my ranger there to play with it. I also wouldnt mind taking the probe there also. Im gonna have to change my oil to something a little thicker since those precision turbos dont like full synthetic oil to much. The probe is pulling a little harder now since i changed my plugs i had old ones in there when i had it tuned.
                  Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

2 tires were 350 shipped with stems
                    2g probe ze

Comment

sounds about right, i payed 285 local pickup. Take it easy though.
                      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Looks good! Keep up the progress and post vids when it runs again!
                        John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                        '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                        '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                        '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Looks good! You gon' break sumfin.
                          95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                          93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                          89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                          04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                          Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Yea I cant wait to get it finished.... hopefully I will get it running this weekend....

then I will see about breaking something
                            2g probe ze

Comment

Every body getting there cars ready for the big meet. Should have some good races. keep picking at her man, steady as she go.

I just noticed in one of your pics where the turbo is mounted to the flange. Your going to need some grade8 bolts and lock nuts or them suckers r coming loose with vibration and heat cycle. Or at least some red lock tite. Just a suggestion.
                              Last edited by garfield; February 21, 2012, 08:50 PM.
                              95 PGT HOLSET HX35 AND 10PSI daily driver
                              91 MX6GT built FE3N HX40 25PSI
                              05 Subaru legacy GT family car

Comment

dont let them fool you, your only going to break records
                                94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Working...
                                X