Steering Rack Bushing replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Rack Bushing replacements

Where the hell are you guys getting new bushings for your cars? I can't get them ANYWHERE Not online, Not retail (AZ/AAP/O'R) nor from ANY shops nearby either. I hear tale that replacement racks from retailers have new bushings included, I don't know about all this BUT, I don't want to have to buy a new rack......I turn the wheel lock to lock and you can physically SEE the rack moving within the bushings, is there even an alternative that someone KNOWS will fit?...It's annoying as shit and I've dealt with this for two years now. Someone please point me in the right direction.
    Last edited by whoohaaxl; June 24, 2015, 09:48 AM.
    1994 PGT-ZE Rio Red MTX. Grey Leather. Intake, Header, HFC, 2.5" Cat-back, Mazda 6 BBK, RR Mounts, HEI, 1997 Taillights, XTD Stage 3, STS, Exedy Clutch M/C. Fully Loaded Daily Driver with A/C.

Bergz0 or branscorset might have those bushings.
    Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowrob View Post
      Bergz0 or branscorset might have those bushings.
      Just sent BergZ a text...He's gonna check if he has any tomorrow, but I'm trying to pull the trigger on this garbage tonight. Ford part numbers are retarded, they list the same number for both sides...Both are F32Z3C716CC

Now Mazda has two GA2B-32-123 and GA2B-32-124(A)...I called the dealer and had them try to cross reference with Ford and it was a no-go. Neither dealer can even get one of them. I can buy one online, but with the part numbers as screwed as they are, I'll have no freakin' clue as to what the hell I'm ordering.

With the rack as shitty as it's been since I've had the car, I really have been missing out on the whole reason I loved PGT's to begin with; Handling.
      1994 PGT-ZE Rio Red MTX. Grey Leather. Intake, Header, HFC, 2.5" Cat-back, Mazda 6 BBK, RR Mounts, HEI, 1997 Taillights, XTD Stage 3, STS, Exedy Clutch M/C. Fully Loaded Daily Driver with A/C.

Comment

Go buy a rack and take out the bushings, return rack and tell them you had to go else where because you needed.bushings.

Comment

Go buy a rack and take out the bushings, return rack and tell them you had to go else where because you needed.bushings.
          I'm just about to....Either that, or just install the bushings and wait like 3 months and go back and say the rack failed...or some garbage.

But can anyone truthfully confirm that a retail rack, such as Advance or AutoZone, WILL come with the bushings? It's an EXTREME rarity that bushings are included with a Rack and Pinion...

Comment

Your going to have to look it up on the website. I tried but the zoom on rock auto mobile sucks.

Comment

I'm thinking the bushings are the same for left and right...and the mx6 rack should have the same bushings as the probe rack.
              '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
              '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
              '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
                I'm thinking the bushings are the same for left and right...and the mx6 rack should have the same bushings as the probe rack.
                They are indeed different. One has a larger square-ish shape and that's the main one that locates the rack from lateral movement. The other is round and is just a support bushing really.
                Last edited by whoohaaxl; June 24, 2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

it's been a while since I've looked at them.....plus the last ones I looked at were first gen bushings.....
                  '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                  '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                  '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Bump for SOMEONE to know where to buy new....?

Comment

Okay, so obviously this is a problem...The only thing I can do (at this point, since no-one seems to know) is pull the old brackets and bushings and just order a shitload of bushings from MOOG and see what could possibly be modified to fit.

EITHER that, OR...We get a good set of used bushings and do a group buy with Prothane or Energy Suspension...This is DEFINITELY a needed part in the Probe Community as there are PLENTY of posts claiming steering rack and/or bushing woes...I don't know how anyone could contently ride around in their Probe with steering like this...

Comment

Have you talked to either company?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I will if you want.

Comment

Have you talked to either company?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I will if you want.
                          I haven't yet, Rob. It was just a thought that crossed my mind while writing my last post. If you wanted to contact them, I would be insanely grateful...I'm assuming you've dealt with them prior possibly? In any event, yes, if you could do that and let me/us know what they say, that'd be amazing.

Comment

Ok. We can do a bulk buy through Prothane. We need 100 buyers

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And Prothane is only a supplier, energy suspension would be doing the manufacturing.

Comment

Ok. We can do a bulk buy through Prothane. We need 100 buyers

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And Prothane is only a supplier, energy suspension would be doing the manufacturing.
                              Thats quite a lot of people....I purchased 626 Bushings....Mazda G platform Any reason why these wouldnt work? Obviously the internals are differnt, 2.8 turns lock-lock as opposed to 3 for the 626, outside is identical
                              Last edited by whoohaaxl; June 29, 2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X