Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

supercharger alternator smooth pulley???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharger alternator smooth pulley???

Hi hoping someone here knows what alternator pulley I need that is smooth for the bolt on supercharger setup ?? I checked shelves at advance auto and found nothing !! a part number or vehicle to look up would be helpful . Thanks guys !

I really hope someone can help me I'm having a rought time with this one pulley situation

Comment

Are you really sure you want to run a rib-less alternator pulley? Mine slips on cold mornings when I get the slightest bit loose on the belt. I am sure that would be compounded 10x over without the ribs.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

well the way the belt routes with the additional pulley for the supercharger it now rides on the back side of the belt but the grooves in the alternator pulley eat the belt

Comment

Anyway you could take a spare alternator pulley and have the ribs turned off on a lathe? keep a good one in case it doesn't work out.
          Probe out for Harambe
          94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

I thought that this location was supposed to take the place of the AC compressor? No matter what -I would never put a smooth faced pulley on a KL alternator. If there was no other way then I would end up putting a bracket and idler in to do a switch back on the belt and keep it riding on ribs as designed. You can buy almost any length belt if you measure what you need.
            Success is a measure of determination!
            Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
            $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
            Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

well idk I mean its been done previously I'm just trying to figure it out

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

its the kit that the transfer shaft bolts on by the alternator in front on top of the front cylinder head

Comment

That’s just how the shafted SC kit works. Spinning the alty backwards with a smooth pulley. The pulley came with the kit but as a community, we don’t know if it was custom made or sourced from another engine.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                X