• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually we route cars and put out apbs

Trevor
    Got boost?
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
    Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

My Story

OK guys I might be new, but these times are getting real serious with all the street racing I just got out of trouble cause me and my friend pat were street racing. His 95 probe GT against my 98 mustang it was a good race until we saw cop lights behind us. And today I read in the paper about my friends from north marion high that just left prom and wanted to street race, well just to say they don't live in this world anymore. My friend was decapatated and his gurlfriend was found close to 100 feet away from the car after it flipped several times. It all might be fun in the beginning, but there is always a big risk involved.

Comment

My own long story

When I got my first probe, I was 16 years old and loved it. I was reckless, ignorant, and beginning my addiction to racing. I had the car for about 8 months, racing here and there, not really all that consistently, and just being a reckless driver. During the time I had that car, I had received one ticket, but that wasn’t enough to stop me. I worked on this car, spent my time and hard earned money on it, posted about it , loved it. Quite simply, I got into an extremely dumb and stupid accident involving a too fast right turn with over steer and the back tires of a garbage truck. Lucky for me, neither my friend or I were hurt, the truck was undamaged , but my car was totaled.

This wasn't enough to stop me of course...

Thanks to my loving parents, who were oblivious as was I to my early on adrenaline addiction, we worked out a contract on a beautiful new car for me to drive only months after this accident. So, in November of 2002, I (we) purchased a 2000 Civic Si, completely stock, for me to do what I wished. This was a dream come true. A true "hot" car, hip with the movies and the trends, of my own, with a sweet loan from my parents and no looking back. I quickly began modifying the car with money I saved between payments and other bills, increasing the performance and its reputation, along with mine. Soon I really wanted to find out how I fared on the streets. So began the late night top speed runs, the nightly race searching, the stories, the "at-the-time" fun. Eventually, by appetite became so big for the rush of the race, I started to go to local organized illegal street racing during the summer. One can only describe the amount of excitement and elation from experiencing all of the sights, sounds, and smells of cars blistering with power. I frequented these events all summer of 2003, not giving a hoot about how late it would become, my parents fears that they would constantly try to express to me, all the close calls that should have let me know, "Hey, cool it Eric!" No, I just kept going. Eventually, it had to take a real "close call" to wake me up.
        On a hot august night, at the end of summer, I had just got back from vacation. I finished all of my suspension upgrades, BRAND SPANKIN NEW POTENZA SO-3 TIRES, and a longing to try it all out, complete and ready to go. At this point in my racing "career," I resorted to going out, for no reason, but to find races...and I found one.

It began with a two lane left hand turn at a light that turned into a two lane highway that stretched for miles. At the light was a nice new 2003 RSX-S. I figured, ah, what the hell, lets see what he's got. So, the race begins. We are basically neck and neck, until about 50...soon its 80, I'm 1/2 a car ahead...soon, its 110, I’m 3/4 a car ahead...what makes me continue on, what made me strive?; Did I want to beat him -that- badly? Personally, I think it was the new tires. But, before I knew it, I'm screaming along the highway at no less than One Hundred and Forty miles per hour, with that wonderful Honda engine that I had to put so much time, energy, love, sweat, and not to mention money into, spinning happily and singing at just under Eight Thousand ROMs.

I thought to myself, nothing, NOTHING, can go wrong.

Wrong. Think of these next segments in segments of 5 seconds MAX. Soon, I see the faint taillights of a car far ahead, in my lane. I think quickly, "Ok, I'll move over, and we'll zip right by." Next instant, a car, either from just in front or in back of the first, moves over, restricting both lanes. I had to decide, these cars were coming quick, and not just quick, but 140 quick. I decided, got to hit the brakes Eric.......easy, eaaaassssy, eeeeaaaaasssssy, don't want to lock them....water. They instantly locked at 140 mph, with me in the left lane btw, my car's nose turned to the right, flew straight off the road, into-and out of- a 3 ft ditch, bringing my car up onto it's drivers side, sliding effortlessly along, until the bottom of the car began coming back down onto the side of a Railroad crossing pole, ending the whole escapade.

Continued.....

Comment

...Continued

It happened so fast. The spinning, the sliding, my arm hitting all those rocks and dirt when the car was up on its side, then it all just stopped. I was in the car for maybe 5 seconds, then I got the hell out of there. I wasn't in shock, I wasn't rattled, I was pissed. Not at anyone, or anything, but myself. I knew what I had done. All I could think about was everything negative that had happened, and what would happen because of this. It felt like forever that I was at the crash site, but it was really only somewhere around 30 minutes. One of the guys in the cars ahead stopped, saying he thought he was going to have to pull out a dead body from my car. I didn't listen. Until finally, he couldn't listen to me going on about all that could be wrong. I was getting stuff out of my car (If there was anything still left -in- my car), when he said finally, "You know what, you are damn lucky that you didn't wrap yourself around one of these telephone poles!" That’s when it really hit me.

Needless to say, the car was totaled, and it was quickly back to probes for me . I can't imagine why I'm here yet, Hell, I’m 19 if that’s an excuse not to know why I’m here. But maybe it is simply to tell this story, inasmuch if one more person lives from it, I’ll believe that. But to know that I only bumped my head and had some scratches on my arm, it takes more than the word lucky to describe what I went through there. I've made similar posts to this before, with reception ranging from compassion, to reprimands, to annoyance, but please, for the love of God, try to always understand that you never know what life throws at you-even on the road. The more you do something, the more chances you have of receiving a negative result. But oh well. It's good for you.

So it took me a speeding ticket, a new automatic transmission, a crash and total, COUNTLESS near misses, and a 140mph blue streak that almost cost me my life to realize.....that I can't do this. Simply as that, I, personally, cannot continue this hobby in such a way. If that means that others have to experience firsthand as I did to realize, so be it, but I hope this story can help shed some light on fate, and simply how we need to control that which we can, responsibly. Be safe everyone.

BTW: I'm now back to probes , and I purchased a 1993 black PGT for $1900 of my own money in Dec. of 2003, and I love it to death (not literally). I have only made a couple of modifications to the car, with the exhaust solely for ornamental reasons. I installed new C/D rotors and C/Fmetallic pads from RR-racing, and redid all the stereo stuff. It is a great car, has 128,000 miles now, and lasted two trips from nor-cal to LA. I can't be happier with it. Plus it still looks great, with shiny paint and an extremely nice and clean engine.

Most importantly, I have seriously cut down on racing, and from getting my car until now, I have raced maybe 3-4 times, compared with 3-400 races in the past. That is honestly the -best- modification I have made.

And, I'd like to thank God that I'm still here, unscathed, and am -seriously- excited to find out why he wanted me to stay alive.

Be safe everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X