Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Probe for sale on ebay - No Reserve

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ford-P...L/152951428374

This car is being sold as a parts or project car. It has developed an automatic transmission problem as it only works in reverse, 1st and second gear. I am the second owner and this has been my go-to daily drive since I bought it in 2000. The power steering pump was replaced a few months back. AC was converted to R132 and works. Tires have 8/32 tread on them and are Ice rated Mastercraft Glacier Grips. It passed West Virginia State Inspection in January. If I was going to keep this car, I would replace the front struts. I have a few parts that include rear brake shoes, an ECU, wiper-motor, oil filter. There is a stone chip in the windshield that happened in 2010 and was "fixed". There has not been any additional cracking/spidering after the original ding. Dashboard has some major cracks in it. There are no real rust issues/problems with the body. No accidents. One deer strike that required replacement of the drivers side headlight. Engine seems sound but burns about one quart of oil every 1000 miles. Timing belt and water pump were replaced in 2000 when I bought the car. I checked the timing belt last month and it looks good. I would keep the car, but have 3 others and will be making a long distance move in two weeks. The logistics of moving 4 cars exceeds the need for the Probe. Buy, fix and enjoy!
    89 PGL, ATX,AC,204,000 miles, second owner
Working...
X