Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) Interested in Mr. Speed/Adlorin Supercharger Kits??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Poll) Interested in Mr. Speed/Adlorin Supercharger Kits??

First off, Mod's if this doesn't belong in here for some reason let me know. I just figured this would be the best place for it.

Okay, most of you are already aware of the kits that Adlorin (Mr. Speed) has been offering. As well as the delays he has encountered delivering these kits. I have been talking with him about purchasing the rights to his kits so that I can "take over" in regards to offering his kits on here for sale.

However, before anything is finalized I wanted to see how much interest there was in you guys buying these kits. I would be keeping the design the same, as far as the shafted setup goes (to retain use of your A/C) and it would be using the same M62 Mercedes Supercharger.

Please do not post ANYTHING in regards to Adlorin (Patrick) owing people parts, taking a long time to deliver, or any other complaints regarding previous/unfinished transactions, that has nothing to do with this thread.

I am simply making this thread to find out what kind of interest there is in having a supercharger setup like the Adlorin kit. From what I have seen and read on here in the past, it has been one of, if not the, best S/C kits ever offered for our cars.

So please let me know your thoughts and post up your vote regarding the this possibility.

I can't guarantee when the kits will be available for sale by me, but just about all the arrangements have been made to have the parts shipped to me.

All input is appreciated.
    Yes, I have been wanting to buy a S/C Kit.
    59.32%
    I would like one, but I am just concerned about how long it takes to get.
    31.36%
    No, I would rather put one together myself (custom)
    9.32%
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

I'm sure most people would be interested in them... Personally ID rather get a great bolt-on kit than to try and fab one myself... Youd have a lot of work trying to convince people that the Mr.Speed ordeal is not what they would be going thru again tho

Comment

Well I would be interested for sure, next year Ill be looking for a daily driver MX6/PGT in which I would kill to have it s/ced. My current car which Im am building to the balls will be my weekend driver.

Im pretty sure a lot of people would want this providing people get parts on time which would mean excellent feedback to encourage more people.
      The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics

Comment

I was going to buy a kit, but then all that happened did. So, if another one is to be made, I would be interested in one.
        Something new coming soon!!!
        1994 Probe GT...
        Badass Probe build... Soon to be turbocharged http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701254359 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3865502

Comment

Originally posted by mesoungodlyfast
          I'm sure most people would be interested in them... Personally ID rather get a great bolt-on kit than to try and fab one myself... Youd have a lot of work trying to convince people that the Mr.Speed ordeal is not what they would be going thru again tho

Well, I do have a pretty good reputation on here with the ACT Clutch and Powerslot BB's that I have done in the past as well as the 65mm TB's that I continue to do. I won't be pre-selling the kits either so that the same thing doesn't happen.

I would only be listing kits that were "ready to ship". I figured I would start out with 2-3 kits and see how fast they go then if I needed to have more "on hand" then so be it.

The only thing that I am unsure of right now is the availability of the M62 S/C's themselves. He said he has a pretty reliable source although no one can predict when a certain amount of those m62's are available at a specific time. I also have a source that says he gets them fairly often. But I will probably be offering an option to purchase the kit with or without the s/c.
          '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

He has some MX-3 plans too, are you getting those aswell?

Using a 2.5l

If not i would still be interested in the SC mounts and shaft.

Happy to see someones stepped up and taken over, Its a shame it worked out the way it did for Patrick, but we need these kits to keep coming

Comment

Defenitly interested, the only thing id worry about is the cost for the s/c(arm and leg). But if theres the option for with or with out it, then im looking forward to see how this comes out.
              94 pgt 2.7L, ford I beams, Mahle pistons, mx3 flywheel, clutchmaster 2r, pace setters, custom 2.5" manderal exhaust, EGR delete, A/C delete, K&N filter, Alpine system

Comment

im not going to say anything about adlorin....and im not friends with anyone involved so please dont think im bsing anyone here......

The kit is top notch ive had it on for awhile i have alot of videos on youtube my car ran 103mph in the 1/4 with a friggin 2.5 60' so its capable of trapping at around 105- 107.....if these were in fact the same kits you are getting a deal if he sells it at the same price trust me.....my car is a monster and will only get better......i can tell you that my setup should be the template for these as well.....

adjustable fpr.....255 lph pump.....spec 2......megasquirt.....millenia s injectors.....this kit has run reliabley on my car for 6 months totaling 9 thousand miles...of daily driving and abuse.....my engine also has 160000 miles on it and still runs pretty good although a new one is on the way....

if anyone has any questions regarding this kit please by all means let me know...
                mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

this kit would be awesome with a lyshom super charger little exspensive but they sound bitchen they sell on bahnbrenner for 1600 oh did i mention they came factory on a mazda millenia s

Comment

i'd definately be in for a kit
                    93 PGT- RIP-getting raped for parts
                    94 PGT-DE 14.54@95.34 mph
                    95 PGT -Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by mattm
                      im not going to say anything about adlorin....and im not friends with anyone involved so please dont think im bsing anyone here......

The kit is top notch ive had it on for awhile i have alot of videos on youtube my car ran 103mph in the 1/4 with a friggin 2.5 60' so its capable of trapping at around 105- 107.....if these were in fact the same kits you are getting a deal if he sells it at the same price trust me.....my car is a monster and will only get better......i can tell you that my setup should be the template for these as well.....

adjustable fpr.....255 lph pump.....spec 2......megasquirt.....millenia s injectors.....this kit has run reliabley on my car for 6 months totaling 9 thousand miles...of daily driving and abuse.....my engine also has 160000 miles on it and still runs pretty good although a new one is on the way....

if anyone has any questions regarding this kit please by all means let me know...
                      Matt, thanks for the info.

What psi do your have your kit setup to run?

Comment

anywhere from 7 to 9 psi...
                        mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                        Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

a kit would be nice. but the ability to buy individual parts such a the shaft and mounting brackets would also be nice for the do-it yourself person.
                          94 miata. KLG4, V8Roadsters, RX-8 trans, MS, and a whole bunch of other crap. On jackstands and collecting dust...

Comment

DIY, and a full bolt on kit would be cool.
                            i'd definately consider buying.

Comment

Originally posted by nixapgt
                              a kit would be nice. but the ability to buy individual parts such a the shaft and mounting brackets would also be nice for the do-it yourself person.
                              That would defeat the purpose of the kits though, and it would be less profitable for the company. But you neevr know.
                              The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics

Comment

Working...
                              X