92 Probe LX V6 5 Speed Front Wheel Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Probe LX V6 5 Speed Front Wheel Hub

Hello fellow probers. I'm currently working on a 92 LX with the 3.0 V6 5 speed. My sister bought it back around 2000 with like 80k miles on it. It is currently my gas sipper to run back and forth to work. Still going strong at 325k miles till I heard the wheel bearing whining the other day. It has ended up being quite the ordeal. Long story short, I have everything back together except the wheel hub. The old one was worn down too much to fit snug in the bearing, so I have been trying to find one. Seems the V6 and Turbo 4 had 28 splines on the axles and the 4 cyl NA had 26. I can find the 26 spline hubs all day long, but apparently the 28 spline hubs are scarce as hens teeth! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

yea they're getting harder to come by, sadly idk if i have anymore left over in my stash my brother had to use one or two for his probe. you can try either on mx6 forums or performance probe too more first gen guys over there. that and also the facebook groups if your not in those. sadly facebook has taken over as well.
    owner of
    89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
    89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
    89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
    92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

26-spline hub and franken-axle with a 26-spline end?

Comment

Might need to check with the parts recycling yards, just make sure to tell them you need the hub from the turbo, you never get the right thing asking for a V6 hub...
        Greg Martin
        2009 BMW 328i
        2017 BMW X3
        1990 Probe LX

Comment

89-92 GT turbo or 93-97 GT V6 model has the same hub. The 93 is a bit different, but it works.

I have a 93 one installed in my LX

Comment

Working...
          X