X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche
    Have you seen the photos of the rust? .
    Yes, I saw the photos of the rust on those cams....and I would be wanting noyan to warranty out the motor as well. I was speaking about the other guy who hasn't opened up his motor in the 6 months he's had it and if his cams are rusted...that's something he can do.

As for the cams in the motor you had from noyan....some of that rust is pretty bad and I'd bet the cams are pitted. Smoothing them out with some steel wool will help IF you can't get noyan to warranty out the motor. I'd just keep some HLA's handy for when you have to replace them in about a month....after that they should be smoothed out enough to not kill the replacement HLA's.
    '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
    '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
    '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid
      Yes, I saw the photos of the rust on those cams....and I would be wanting noyan to warranty out the motor as well. I was speaking about the other guy who hasn't opened up his motor in the 6 months he's had it and if his cams are rusted...that's something he can do.

As for the cams in the motor you had from noyan....some of that rust is pretty bad and I'd bet the cams are pitted. Smoothing them out with some steel wool will help IF you can't get noyan to warranty out the motor. I'd just keep some HLA's handy for when you have to replace them in about a month....after that they should be smoothed out enough to not kill the replacement HLA's.
      Yea I had thought about sanding them down to smooth metal with wet-or-dry but by the time I get past the serious corrosion the cam profile would be greatly altered which could cause valve problems.

As for the other guy with the engine that is really about all he can do if he doesn't want to buy a new set of cams. But he might luck out if they ar not as bad as these were.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

i got mine from suns engine importers or something . Put 30k no problems love to be beat on.
        94Gt Ze Rio red,afpr,borla, sts,EIBACHS
        ,gray->black int, mx6 leather,
        need rio red sideskirts yesterday
        Ze isnt rice its from JAP its a rice eater
        My car is finally in the garage again

Comment

I hope you never have a problem with it man... Nice to here some importers give good engines, but we should all be aware of the issues others have faced when confronting these importers with problems regarding their engines and quality control... Hopefully if everyone knows which companies give hassles and try to work a scam on hard working costumers everyone will A. Let it be known here! and B. Boycott these importers!!!! Cause the only way we can clean it up is too let them know were not satisfied with their practices by not buying from them, it'll hit them in their pocket and send the proper message...
          93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

I got my last one for 950 ish shipped to virginia beach. I was also very picky about which one I got. I called every day asking if they had a straight neck KLZE. I then asked how clean it was. When they said I dont know I told them to check. I also asked for the markings on the cams and the heads.

I guess they knew I would be a pain in the ass and gave me a good one.
            ¡Renewed Vigor!

Comment

Originally posted by KaedenKy
              I guess they knew I would be a pain in the ass and gave me a good one.
              You probably hit it right on the head there! If you want to get a good engine you have to let them know that you won't settle for less and as you said be a severe pain in the arse if neccessary!
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Yeah, I got one hella clean DE once(I thought it was ze, b/c thats what I paid for) with ze IM, It worked great, for my second probe I called different company in Cali and I told them that I have been scammed before and that I will be rechecking everything, and they told me that they will make sure that the codes match on the IM, Heads and cams. I guess even if they did intend to scam someone, sure enough they didn't do to me, I got about 40k miles(bright golden) engine and It works fine! the best part, it was $625 +200 shipping.
                93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
                Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
                1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Even more evidence of bad costumer service from Noyan...
                  http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...ight=rod+knock
                  93 GT-ZE, Hotshot Headers, Greddy SP2, Eibach lowering springs, Magnecor's 8.5mm competition wires, AWR Mounts, Spec Stage 1...

Comment

Originally posted by artsvetkov
                    Yeah, I got one hella clean DE once(I thought it was ze, b/c thats what I paid for) with ze IM, It worked great
                    Which importer sold you the fake ZE?

Originally posted by Venchman
                    Even more evidence of bad costumer service from Noyan...
                    http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...ight=rod+knock
                    Looks almost identical to your case. I am beginning to see patterns out of Noyan. Hopefully people will inspect their engines a little more thoroughly before install as this thread has been designed to convince people to do. The warranty on Noyan's website actually recommends an inspection as stated in item g below:

Originally posted by Noyan Website
                    II) Customer's Obligations :
                    a) Customer must install new oil, oil filter, thermostat, spark plugs, coolant and tune up parts.
                    b) Customer must rod out radiator, change new water hoses, water pump, spark plugs, thermostat, oil filter, oil, oil pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, and all seals and gaskets whatever is necessary before installation.
                    c) Due to the variations and design on some models of Japanese version engines, customer is required to make necessary changes over on some parts such as change oil pan and oil pick up tube, dipstick, fly wheel, clutch assembly, distributor and smog device etc.
                    d) Customer is responsible to re-install all smog device.
                    e) All belt-driving engines are required to be installed new timing belt and set on right timing before installation is done. See limitation (IIId).
                    f) Check and adjust valve clearance and tune up.
                    g) Customer is responsible to verify parts for fitness, proper size and application prior to installation. We assume no liability for parts incorrectly installed as the result of errors in ordering, packing and shipping.
                    I would consider inspecting parts for fitness to be inspecting the condition of parts for excessuve rust or spun bearings or even missing pistons as in the example above. And according to the warranty on their website they should be replacing the engine if they are not in good "fitness" I would not consider heavily rusted camshafts, spun bearings or missing pistons to be in good fit shape and so why would Noyan refuse to warranty? People should re-think before purchasing from companies with this kind of customer support. One last note that people should take a lot of notice on is in the example listed above where the piston was missing. Noyan claims to do compression leak down tests on all of their engines. Someone please tell me how an engine can pass a compression or leak down test with a piston missing? My answer would be that this is false advertisement.

Also the first engine install attempt that I spoke of earlier with the spun bearing in no way was beteen 30-50k miles as Noyan had claimed. This engine had to be well over 100k miles as evident from the very heavy gunk deposits underneath the valve covers. But I also knew this from first observation of the engine exterior. An engine with only 30-50k miles should have minimal oil deposits on the outside and not caked with grub. I know that KL motors do tend to leak some at the valve covers (normal operation) but when you can spoon out inches of build up on the bottom half of the engine this is not just "normal operation". I say that Noyan is just another importer which is claiming to have 30-50k engines with good leak down and compression when they actually do nothing at all to them other than get them in, put a tag on them and ship them out. Do you really want this kind of service for your $1,000 investment?
                    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; January 7, 2008, 11:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

What have you all heard about engine world? I just got my ZE from them and I havent had the chance to tear into it yet. It looks really clean, all the serpentine drive pully's still have the factory paint inside every groove so you can tell that the belt hasnt been turning very many miles. The guys seemed to know what they were talking about to so I feel good about it without tearing into it. I will let you know what I find though once I get the chance to tear into it...
                      In search of the eternal buzz, but not the one from a hon-duh with a fartcan...

Comment

RE:Which importer sold you the fake ZE?

I got it off ebay, I think it was CNS motors Inc.
                        but Im not 100% sure(I sold the car with the paper work), here is the pic of the head http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...70_13_full.jpg looks really clean to me, I had that car for two years and the motor worked great, didn't burn any oil, and the oil was clean all the time, the only down side it was DE(or ZE with DE heads).
                        93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
                        Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
                        1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
                          What have you all heard about engine world? I just got my ZE from them and I havent had the chance to tear into it yet. It looks really clean, all the serpentine drive pully's still have the factory paint inside every groove so you can tell that the belt hasnt been turning very many miles. The guys seemed to know what they were talking about to so I feel good about it without tearing into it. I will let you know what I find though once I get the chance to tear into it...
                          Well you will be the first post in this thread for Engine World. Just be sure to not wait until your warranty has expired before you take a look at it. Then let us know what you find. Photos would be great! Thanks!
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

I purchased a kfze from engine world. Motor extremely clean and compression was very good (215psi on all 6). It's been running fo about 3k miles and doesn't burn a drop of oil. I have photos of it in my sig. The only thing cleaning wise that I did was putting black pc'd valve covers on it.
                            Last edited by 91turbo'dgt; January 8, 2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

looks like it will be a lot better converting the USDM engine into a JDM... ive heard that it is posible that the manifold and the cams will fit on it if thats the case then it will be much better...

Comment

Any others from engine world with good or negative news regarding costumer service and quality control?

Comment

Working...
                                X