Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance Discussion of Performance topics for V6 2.5L

Old October 10th, 2017, 10:28 PM   #1
hydrolastic
Slow Learner

flywheel weights K8, KF, KL,

Hello, The new engine is an automatic so i need a flywheel. Doing a search of the forum has given a bunch of conflicting info. I need to know what flywheel to look for. I saw a photo of the KL01 and the KF01 but not the K8. so i would like to know the number stamped on the flywheel and the weight so far i know the KF01 is 16lbs and the KL01 is 22lbs what is the K8 weight and what engine is the K8 from? the 1.8? thanks in advance. Hydro
hydrolastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 12:20 AM   #2
ND28
Donating User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolastic View Post
what engine is the K8 from? the 1.8? thanks in advance. Hydro
From the V6 1.8 MX-3 GS

1994 MX-6 KL-DE Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 626 Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ND28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #3
Brizzy
Turbo Member

It's pretty tough to find k8 flywheel. Last I heard , most auto stores were selling kl wheels in place of the k8.

Maybe try finding a fidanza? They are 9 lb.

I have a chromoly and it's 12lb

M62 In Progress...
Brizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #4
KLZE Porsche
Politically Correct User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizzy View Post
...I have a chromoly and it's 12lb...
I second the chromoly! After having compared all three in multiple builds -I have decided that the aluminum ones are too light, the stock one is to heavy -and so a middle contender (chromoly) is my preference.

Aluminum does not launch as hard -but will eventually spin up faster after you get moving.

Stock steel will more easily spin the tires from a dead stop (sometimes wasting power -depending upon the driver) -but is slower to spin up once the wheels grab.

Chromoly is a very good compromise between the two.

-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)

KLZE Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote