some fitment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some fitment issues

Not knocking anything here by saying this, but i was helping a customer of AVC with his hot/cold pipes today, and we ran into a few problems.

the only one that really affects anything is the wastegate does not fit on both the collector and downpipe, its about 1/4" off. The other issue is the intercooler piping is rather confusing, We got it figured out for the post-IC side, but the turbo>IC piping does not reach the turbo from the IC. could you maybe post a pic of what pipe goes where?

Thanks for the help, on the other hand of all that i'd much rather buy an AVC kit than piece the kit together off of ebay. everything looks to be great quality
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Hey Polarexpress17,

Thank you for posting.

Its recommended when installing to leave most bolts loose, and begin with the hand tightening of the wg to the collector and downpipe, then hand tighten the collector to the logs then finally tighten up the turbo to both the collector and downpipe. After the pipes have been run for approx 20-30 miles re-tighten all bolts, this should be normal practice with almost any aftermarket header or turbo system.

On the Ic pipes, Yeah I could understand how the ic pipes can confuse. The pipes where made a bit longer to allow length adjustment in the coupler, so if you find yourself in a length issue remember this.

Here are some pictures for reference of how the pipes should be routed.

http://www.avcboostwerx.com/gallery/...s/DSCF1199.JPG
    http://www.avcboostwerx.com/gallery/...s/DSCF1205.JPG
    http://www.avcboostwerx.com/gallery/...s/DSCF1204.JPG

Their are more pictures in the Gallery section of the website also.
    http://avcboostwerx.com/index.php?pa...y/gallery/pics

If you have any questions or need help do not hesitate to ask!

-v

Comment

now i got a question whats the purpose of the intercooler if the ic piping is taking the long way back over the exhaust. doesnt that defeat the purpose

Comment

sorry to revive a not so old thread, but instead of starting a new one I prefer posting here...So, I heard that this kit is made to fit the probe gt, and that there is some fitment issues when you try to put it in a mx6. I read that you need to get slim fans? Isn't the frame of the two cars the same? What causes the need to get slim fans?

thanks!
        MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

Hello,

The Down Pipe comes in close proximity of the radiator fans, i know of some people that just trim the shroud instead of going with slims and they have no problem.

-v

Comment

Hey,

I am now really considering this kit in the next few weeks. However I'm still questionning myself about getting the complete kit or just the hotside kit as it will go into an mx6. I don't mind getting slim fans for the pipes and doing some modifications to the thermostat and the coolant hoses but I was wondering if you ever fitted the IC pipes to an mx6? I found pics of the exhaust pipe on one but nothing about the IC pipes? Will it fit were it is routed in front of the valve cover? I think probes have more space there than mx6's?

thanks!

Comment

Hey poissonn,

The turbo pipes DO fit, the IC pipes where never tested for fitment on a mx6 though. I'm sure with slim fans you would have a much better chance of getting them to fit.

-v

Comment

Is it possible for you to take some measurements from, lets say, a part of the valve cover to the approximate center of the piping? This way I could check on my mx6 if there is space with slims for the piping...

edit: nvm I've checked a couple of pics on your website and its clear that there isn't a lot of space loll. What I'm worried about is the space where is goes down on the passenger side to reach the intercooler...I've checked under my hood and I don't see where it can be routed...it's so tight!
                Last edited by poissonn; July 5, 2009, 05:48 PM.

Comment

The more I look at the shots on your website, the more I think I probably won't fit because I think the alternator is in the way on an mx6. On the probe, does the piping goes down in front of it? Is it possible to have a shot of the area where is goes down on the passenger side? I couldn't find a picture of this in the gallery...

thanks!

Nicolas

Comment

I'll get you some pictures of the location which the pipes sits. It looks like it would be a tight fit none the less.

-v

Comment

thanks, sorry for all these questions...but I hope so much it could fit! It would make the job so much easier!

Comment

Ok, inbox cleared and replied to the people that pm'ed me.

I've been having some internet issues, sorry.

-v

Comment

i have a question for you Valant, that i never asked in the pm...would stock logs from a 94 gt fit my 97? so i could use your kit?

Comment

^Yes, they will fit
                            95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                            Built, Not Bought.
                            No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

all year logs interchangeable.

-v

Comment

Working...
                              X