Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the stock guage size?

Comment

Stock is pretty tiny. I wouldnt be surprised if it was 8g.
      I did the same project recently while im waiting on other parts to arrive but I used a fused distribution block near the firewall and only used 2g wire since the battery is in my fender.
      Last edited by WhiteDart; February 16, 2014, 12:38 AM.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

The ground off the battery is probably a 4-6 gauge, def larger then 8.

I need to get off my butt one of these days, and finally upgrade a few on my beater 626 next. Ive been putting it off waiting to get ahold of a 110amp Milly alt.
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Yea im thinking of upgrading once i decide to relacate my battery

Comment

is this really nesesary on these cars? do the cables really go bad

Comment

Not really. But if you have added alot of electronics, or relocated the battery, its a good idea.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
              X