7 bolt vs 5 bolt flange??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 bolt vs 5 bolt flange??

I am becoming a little more curious as to the specifics of my t3 turbine on my t3/t4 compressor. The bolt pattern is a 7 bolt pattern. A shop stated that the 5 bolt pattern is the standard flange design for the t3 turbine. What bolt design does everyone else have on their turbo.

For a little more clarification I have the drawing that I sent to the company that manufactured the flange I receieved.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~bjc26/flange.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

My T3 turbo is a wierdo, it has 4 bolts . I didn't even know there was a difference so i bought a flange and it was the same thing that you got.

So if anybod needs a 5 bolt exhaust flange i have one for sale dirt cheap. like $10

Comment

mine must be a weirdo too because i have the 4 bolt pattern. I just made a custom flange.
      93 Turbo'ed Gt
      T3/T4 at 5PSI

Comment

both of mine have been 5 bolts
        1994 PGT MS2 LC-1 370cc 190lph KLZE intake ported heads Turbonetics T4 2.5" Magnaflow STS MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch, 355fwhp ** sold
        1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C, 678rwhp.
        2003 Mach 1, FR500 engine, 372rwhp w/out spray.
        2003 Escape, slow.

Comment

Both of mine have the standard 5 bolt pattern as well. But looking at the differences, I think you could get away with the one you bought, unless the bolt holes are slightly off. Because you could just use a lot of sealer and be done with it
          Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
          287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

I tried and the 5 bolt pattern is off by too much to make fit. Any idea where I could find one that would fit the given 7 bolt pattern. Worst case scenario I will make my own. I just found it wierd that my garrett turbo is so much different than other t3's.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find this flange.... I am thinking of having Toastier just fab one for me but wanted to see if anyone had anymore info on the flange first...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bjc26
                Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find this flange.... I am thinking of having Toastier just fab one for me but wanted to see if anyone had anymore info on the flange first...

Thanks
                i didn't see any on ebay... i would just get one made... can't be that hard... you could even do it yourself
                Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

http://atpturbo.bigstep.com/item.htm...2&PRID=1390391

Hey man, is this the one you're looking for? I was just browsing ATP and stumbled on it...I'm not sure what your turbine housing looks like tho...says it's for a GT25 but looks kinda like my T3 housing...check it out.

~Chris

PS - That truck's got balls!!
                  Chris DiMarco
                  NNJ?! -> NCPOC

Comment

Thanks for the link chris but that still doesnt look right based on the sketches I have... I have sent the flange sketch out to a bunch of turbo companies and parts suppliers and I have yielded no matches. I am even thinking of swapping out the whole turbine housing or selling the turbo. Hopefully I will find something before I am forced to take that step.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by pringlesaregood
                      [BPS - That truck's got balls!! [/B]

Comment

Working...
                      X