Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a KLZE DISTY with HEI , anyone intersted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuganator
    I have a 95 MX6 and just bought a klze for it. Is there anyone here that knows which wires go where so I can use my ze disty? My 03 disty and the whole motor for that matter are fried.

Try the schematic i posted. It tells you where they all go. I just did it, works like a charm!

If thats still not clear, post back, and maybe i can post some pics of the connectors, etc.

Comment

would i use msd #86345, that is their digital hei module and the blaster two coil. Just curious, i am going to order these when i figure everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by fuganator
        would i use msd #86345, that is their digital hei module and the blaster two coil. Just curious, i am going to order these when i figure everything out.

I dont know what the msd #86345 is, lol. I use the DR100 hei modules from a-zone...they work perfect.
        Blaster 2 coil is a very good option.

My next step will be to wire in my msd 6aL

Comment

nice job - i am in the middle of setting up a ze disty (KCv6 kindly sent me over some excellent diagrams) and was wondering how i would futz in an HEI module as well

i plan on using an accell supercoil (the 48k volts, one) simply becuase.. well i have one from another vehicle/project... soo.. free versus buying a msd unit.. free looks good to me! lol.
          Last edited by Goatcrapp; April 5, 2006, 01:43 PM.
          [x] Turbo (T3/s-60@10 psi) [x] Big Brakes [x] Jspec headlights [x] HID [x] K-Sport Coilovers [x] phantom grip LSD
          [x] liquid/air intercooling [x] erebuni vented hood [x] type 44 kit [x] rare oem lip decklid spoiler [x] extras & misc
          [ ] done....

My complete mods list

Comment

Originally posted by 94PGT
            anyone know where to get ze disty caps?
            corksport, a little pricey but its the only place ive ever seen them new there $46 even

oh and im using a EL102 HEI from advance and an msd blaster2 coil.
            ~Dustin~Infantry leads the way!
            Lazi Ramadi
            "But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." William Butler Yeats
            Race PGT aka "Spidey" Blue PGT aka "the anti-spidey" White PGT Rio-Red PGT Budget Hotrod project '02 Jeep Jeep play-thing

Comment

i really really need this diagram for a 95 if anyone can post one that would be awesome
              Lazi Ramadi
              "But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." William Butler Yeats
              Race PGT aka "Spidey" Blue PGT aka "the anti-spidey" White PGT Rio-Red PGT Budget Hotrod project '02 Jeep Jeep play-thing

Comment

my ze disty didnt come with the connector with it I'm asuming all of yours came with the connector still on it just with the wires cut? so you could still solder your wires to it , mine didnt come with that.... hmmm anyone have one?

oh fuel rail connector works?
                Last edited by KM_heisler; May 22, 2006, 08:17 PM.
                Kevin Heisler

90 JDM Fairlady Z , twin turbo lots of stuff done already but not enough space in the sig

Comment

a 4-pin fuel rail plug will work.
                  Lazi Ramadi

Comment

Originally posted by showngo
                    a 4-pin fuel rail plug will work.

yep caught that in this post but thanks anyways
                    Kevin Heisler

90 JDM Fairlady Z , twin turbo lots of stuff done already but not enough space in the sig

Comment

lol NP
                      Lazi Ramadi

Comment

So what all is needed to run with this

ZE Disty
                        HEI
                        and Blaster 2 coil ???

Thats it....no MSD box????

Thanks in advance

Jim
                        93 Probe GT - True KLZE w/31 Cams, Borla, AWR, Clutchmasters Stage II-R, MX-3 Flywheel, Testpipe, Hotshot CAI, Clear Corners, ZE Disty w/ Blaster 2 and HEI, SS Headers, Pacesetter STS
                        Saints 13-3 Super Bowl XLIV Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Adidasnk12
                          So what all is needed to run with this

ZE Disty
                          HEI
                          and Blaster 2 coil ???

Thats it....no MSD box????

Thanks in advance

Jim
                          Nope, you dont need the msd 6a or the 6al. This setup will work without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbolin5
                            Nope, you dont need the msd 6a or the 6al. This setup will work without it.

Alright thanks alot Matt
                            93 Probe GT - True KLZE w/31 Cams, Borla, AWR, Clutchmasters Stage II-R, MX-3 Flywheel, Testpipe, Hotshot CAI, Clear Corners, ZE Disty w/ Blaster 2 and HEI, SS Headers, Pacesetter STS
                            Saints 13-3 Super Bowl XLIV Champs

Comment

verry nice writeup. i just got my ze disy today and just realized that the connector was different.. thank god i had an extra plug lying around that came with my ze mani. now i got a project for this weekend!
                              Cardomain - The Probey
                              Life's Always Better When You've Been Probed

Comment

If you dont have an extra 4-pin flat fuel rail plug, you can use a black 4-pin plug for the vaf. They fit too, but they are a lot tighter, the 4 pin flat fuel rail plug is still the best...the other will work in a pinch though.

Originally posted by Thaiboy4u2grab
                                verry nice writeup. i just got my ze disy today and just realized that the connector was different.. thank god i had an extra plug lying around that came with my ze mani. now i got a project for this weekend!
                                Thanks! If you run into any issues, shoot me a PM and i can try to help out, or take some pics of my setup, etc. Good luck with the mod! I am sure you will like it!
                                Last edited by Mbolin5; July 12, 2006, 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X