Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > General > Probe Lounge

Probe Lounge Discussion about most everything Non Probe related goes here.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:50 PM   #1
donscalos

www.fordprobestore.co.uk a Fraudulous website

Hi dear Probe fans !

I desperatly need you assistance. I've placed an order on www.fordprobestore.co.uk in 2011. (I know it was ages ago) Mark Colgan who is th owner of that website was meant to send me an exhaust pipe.

I first ordered this the 11.08.2011 after somehow my first order got lost :
Scorpion Stainless Steel Back Box for 189£

he told me that I had to wait.. Waited for weeks but never arrived so I suggested that I would give him more money and get a more expensive model that as he said would arrived much more quickly.

19.08.2011 - Mark : "I'm unsure as Scorpion are very slow, the only keep one Probe exhaust at a time"

So he said I'll make you a credit, pay the difference and you'll get a Remus since as he said "they are much more reliable". I did the 16.11.2011

The 12.12.2011, I receive this message from Mark after asking about my 376 pounds remus : "This sounds a little like the last order....but Remus are a far more reliable company."

The 17.01.2012 : I said : So please cancel my order and transfer me back the money as soon as possible.
I'll probably buy that Remus pipe in a few month but right now I just want my money back.
The amount is the price of the Remus pipe : £376.99

Here is the answer : "I'd prefer not to go down this route, I've already paid in advance for the Remus and it's due very shortly."

Fair enough.. but

The 01.02.2012 Mark said : "Remus have it in shipping to me "

The problem is that I've been waiting since then... The man won't pay me back. I said ok then let me get other things in exchange but then again pretended it was sent gave me a tracking number that never worked.

We've been talkign since then but lie after lie I'm still empty handed this very day

A year ago I said ok I'll make it easy for you send me some maintenance products for 400£ more or less and we'll be even ! He agreed to that but I'm still waiting.

I call this a pure fraud. What should I do. Let people know ok, but what else.

He keeps sayins he'll send me those products but never stick to his word basically. I've got hundred of emails from him telling me don't worry since 2011 basically !!! It's madness, greed or compulsive lying) !

The 02.09.2014 (same story) Mark Colgan : "understood! this will happen as soon as I possibly can" 3 years later the man still has my 400£ on his account and sent me nothing.

Many thanks to you all !

Last edited by donscalos; November 3rd, 2014 at 04:58 PM.
donscalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #2
dillinr

Holy shit three years ago? I'd be surprised if you have many options at this point... File with credit card company, maybe?
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
dillinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM   #3
ScottD961
Donating Member

I'd say your up a creek. Paypal would have expired long ago and the US postal system wouldn't really be able to help you outside of the country
ScottD961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:07 PM   #4
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

Sorry to hear about your issues. Doesnt sound like the seller cares about repeat business if you ask me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:27 PM   #5
yellowrob
Donating User

Puag!
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Pgt9420

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrob View Post
Puag!
Pgt9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:55 PM   #7
dillinr

WTF is a Puag...Google is even confused...?
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Old November 3rd, 2014, 08:58 PM   #8
Pgt9420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinr View Post
WTF is a Puag...Google is even confused...?
PUAG.org
Pgt9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #9
Placid PGT

I have been waiting almost two years.

Not the only one from the club here ether.

One guy started small claims court I heard. Will be contacting him for advice on going the same route.
Placid PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:05 PM   #10
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

This is why we can't have nice things.

- KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. ||
||- SOLD
93 PGT
- 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi ||
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP
Dan [Sac] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 12:17 AM   #11
sbeube02

Ho my.. I was in the same situation as you. I am located in France and fordprobestore.co.uk is the only store that carries Probe parts in Europe.
I have ordered a Scorpion Back Box circa 2010 and have the same problems.
Tracking number provided was the wrong. After months, Mark said the packet was returned to him. He send me again and I finally received my back box, with some large scuff in it
sbeube02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 12:53 PM   #12
MikaNL

Yep had the same issues with this shop (I'm located in the NL). Constant and excessive badgering Mark via e-mail on a daily basis got me a refund (after 3 months)
MikaNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #13
dillinr

How some places stay in business don't know....
Old November 4th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Prince22
Search Impaired

Yep got me also on a fan shroud. Email after email and no tracking number. Its been almost two years. After about three months I swallowed that lost and moved on. Like above post how is he still doing this? Seems to be happening more often than not.
Prince22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #15
Placid PGT

Same on the 323 club I heard.
Placid PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #16
MikaNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillinr View Post
How some places stay in business don't know....
Heh well I was quick enough to file a PayPal claim which froze his entire account due to not enough funds available (both in PayPal and his bank account). Keep in mind this was only about 90 euro's? Well if his bank account can't deal with that, he has way too little operating funds.

Some products did arrive though. Bearings of inferior quality, fiberglass sunroof which was actually pretty good, Goodridge brake lines which weren't the stainless steel ones I ordered rather the cheaper version they carry.

Sad thing is he's opening up stores for other platforms left and right it seems. Someone should put a stop to this guy, but honestly I can't be bothered anymore. I did at one point find his home address though
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #17
richard NL
PT Regular

Same here, orderd the SS door sill's from there in 09-2013 and still waiting..
*97-PGT-2.5-V6*20x9J XXR 526*Custom Kitted*Custom Paint*Custom Quad Angel Eye Lights*Custom Dual Exhaust*Custom Enginebay*Custom Interior*Custom ICE*AccuAir-FBSS AirRide*K-sport Air-Coilovers*K-Sport BBK*Carbon Fiber*Lambo-Doors*Heavily Under Construction!*

richard NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #18
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaNL View Post
Heh well I was quick enough to file a PayPal claim which froze his entire account due to not enough funds available (both in PayPal and his bank account). Keep in mind this was only about 90 euro's? Well if his bank account can't deal with that, he has way too little operating funds.

Some products did arrive though. Bearings of inferior quality, fiberglass sunroof which was actually pretty good, Goodridge brake lines which weren't the stainless steel ones I ordered rather the cheaper version they carry.

Sad thing is he's opening up stores for other platforms left and right it seems. Someone should put a stop to this guy, but honestly I can't be bothered anymore. I did at one point find his home address though

He's a lifetime scammer. He immediately moves the money out of his paypal account, as well as the bank account that's linked to it.

I guarantee you he's got a nice stash either in cash or in a different bank account.

||- SOLD
93 PGT
||
||
- GONE
97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! -
- GONE
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #19
yellowrob
Donating User

I wonder what other sites he is doing this with.
Old November 5th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #20
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

Its crazy how some people operate and get away with it for such a long time. One way or another his karma will catch up with him though. One thing is for sure, he doesn't care about repeat business if hes doing this kind of crap to people. Sorry to hear about all of your losses

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #21
MikaNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
He's a lifetime scammer. He immediately moves the money out of his paypal account, as well as the bank account that's linked to it.

I guarantee you he's got a nice stash either in cash or in a different bank account.
See, I don't believe he's a lifetime scammer. Reading back on the mx6.nl forums there were a lot of satisfied customers in the early years. My guess is it somewhere went to shit, personal reasons or just plain mismanagement, and it all went downhill from there.
That he's scamming people now by not sorting his problems (or just sheer malicious intent) is obvious though.
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Dan [Sac]
Admiral General

Good point. Hadn't thought about his early history.

||- SOLD
93 PGT
||
||
- GONE
- GONE
Old November 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM   #23
Maddening
Donating Member

Same thing happened to me, placed an order for a few little parts, didn't get them. E-mailed and he said he would ship new and they never arrived either... curious that so many others have had same problem. They were small parts and not a lot of money, but now I am guessing neither order of mine was ever really shipped at all.

Luckily it wasn't much money:
1 x Probe GT 97 Outlined Decal Set - USA Style £9.99
1 x Probe Badge UKPOC Decal - Covers Ford Badge - Various Colours £2.29
1 x V6 24-Valve Decal £4.49
- 2007 Subaru WRX (Sold to fund my move from Alaska)
- 1984 Buick Grand National (In storage in Alaska)
- 1971 Chevrolet El Camino (Sitting in the woods rotting away in Alaska)
- 1947 Chevrolet Sport Coupe (Gave to my father when I left Alaska)
- In case you haven't guessed (I'm originally from Alaska)
Maddening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2014, 10:58 AM   #24
filip_pine

Hello, guys... well, i have also order from Mark years back, like 2010.... well, i gotta say, i received all my order's from him, but that was like 4 years ago... my last order with this guy was 2 V6 QuadCam engine Decals and i have receive them...

i have order from him ( from what i remember )

- 2 V6 QuadCam Engine Decals
- 2 GT Doors Decals
- Crystal Clear Side Signals
- Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Hose
- Aluminium Engine Bay Cover

i got all my orders shipped to my home when i was still living in Spain... now i am back home in Romania and i was thinking to order again the Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Hose, but reading these, i gotta say that something stop me from ordering again...

i know Mark was a good guy in earlier times... but now i don't know what happend with his bussiness....
filip_pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:44 AM   #25
Onyxhammer
PT Regular

This sounds 100% like my experiences with Probe Addiction. His work when he first started and service was great; from there it just went to hell very quickly.

Sorry about the poor service you guys are getting. I don't bother too much with vendors anymore and just relay on respectable people here on PT.
Onyxhammer is offline   Reply With Quote